Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 00:32   #76
BHPian

Re: Do you EDC?

Oh are you using the Solitaire LED? I thought it was the older incandescent version that had the 2 lumen output.

The thing about the E01 is that it will work with even the most depleted AAA cells. And the 13 lumen is absolutely perfect for most uses. My EDC is an E05. Smaller than the E01 but puts out 85 Lumen on high. The E01 now does permanent duty in the car.

I used to have a solitaire long ago, but got tired of trying to get the beam perfectly round. I'm OCD like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Mine was also not black. I swapped it with a black carbiner that I already had.

As per Amazon.com the light output of Fenix E01 is just 13 lumen. Are you sure about the model number? Solitaire is better with 37 lumen.
Old 13th April 2015, 02:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Nope! not Engine Deceleration Control. But you're forgiven. This is primarily an automotive forum after all.

EDC is EveryDay Carry. These are items which you always have on you, your backpack or car. Those valuable little tools without which you feel naked and useless. The things you always check your pockets for before leaving home or office.

Basically your EDC will have everything you feel is essential to get you through your everyday bustle and hustle.

Usually, a well planned EDC will include the following:
  1. Phone
  2. Keys
  3. Wallet/Money/Cards
  4. Watch
  5. Sunglasses
  6. Pen and a notepad
  7. Flashlight
  8. Knife/Multitool or both
Some of us are kinda anal about being prepared. I am one of those guys. So this is my EDC on any given day. The watch, pen and multitool and flashlight rotates. But everything else remains the same.

Attachment 1359070

And here's a larger backpack dump. These are essentially the items I have on me when I carry my bag. Every single time.

Attachment 1359069

While it may look mental, everything on these is something essential. There is a battery backup, a backup drive, a pen drive, some paracord and pretty much everything I'll ever need while out and about. And no, it's not heavy or space consuming at all.

I'm crazy about watches and love to rotate depending on the occasion. Here's some of my daily rotation.

Attachment 1359073

Attachment 1359074

Attachment 1359075

Attachment 1359076

Attachment 1359077

Attachment 1359078

If you've read this far, there are two possible outcomes.

1 - You strongly believe I need quarantine, lest this is infectious.

2 - You're happy you're not the only nutter and there are others who love doing this. In which case, Hello!!

So which one are you? And what do you EDC? We need Pics!!!

Coming soon: Knives, multitools and sharp sharp edges!
Loving the leather NATO on that Janata.
Where did you source the strap from?

Attached my Seiko :P
Attached Thumbnails
Are you a gadget freak?-1428872235511.jpg  

Old 15th April 2015, 20:12   #78
BHPian

Re: Are you a gadget freak?

That's a nice watch. Simple and elegant. I would get rid of that bracelet though. Which brings me to your question - The strap was bought on ebay.com. There are tons of reliable sellers with high quality NATO straps, both leather and nylon.

Let me know if you need links..

Tassem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
My Seiko :P
Old 15th April 2015, 21:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
That's a nice watch. Simple and elegant. I would get rid of that bracelet though. Which brings me to your question - The strap was bought on ebay.com. There are tons of reliable sellers with high quality NATO straps, both leather and nylon.

Let me know if you need links..

Tassem.
Thanks. The watch is actually a Japan only model. JDM FTW. 😜
I like the bracelet. It's a wonderful mix of brushed and satin finishes.
I tried out a NATO and a leather strap for a while, but I went back to this because I love the way it looks and feels.

After looking at yours, I'm getting tempted to buy a Janata just to wear it with NATOs. 😁

And yeah, it would be nice if you could provide a link for the leather NATO on the Janata.
Old 18th November 2015, 22:07   #80
BHPian

Re: Are you a gadget freak?

Whoa ! Lot of people with all those drool-worthy gadgets !

I am a gadget freak too but only own some modest ones !

1. Samsung S4 [ used Nokia 6600, Sony Ericson C 905 Cybershot, LG KU 990 Viewty & HTC Nexus One]
2. Kindle Paperwhite
3. Sony SBH 20 BT Device
4. Skullcandy headset
5. Dell Inspiron 3520
6. Casio G Shock GBA 400 Watch

Last edited by poised2drive : 18th November 2015 at 22:12.

Most Viewed