Team-BHP - 3M double Tape - Where to buy?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   3M double Tape - Where to buy? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/56614-3m-double-tape-where-buy.html)

I am looking for high quality 3M double tape, but not finding it anywhere in gurgaon. Can anybody let me know any place it is available.

+1. I also need to buy one in south bombay. Anyone?

I hope its not available in India. Have sent 3 mails to 3M last week, no reply yet. If you know KMD, he will get it for 250rs. a roll, but its out of stock now. Request him at TE.

OK, I have inquired again with KMD and he is ready to order them from US and it will be available for sale in 10 days. It cost you 275 per roll. Please contact KMD directly and confirm how many pieces you want.

I managed to get a free sample roll in 2004, v ery good quality stuff.

Remember to clean the area you will be using with an alcohol wipe or some alcohol on a bit of cloth.

I guess get in touch with 3M distributor in Delhi. his name is Rajiv Agarwal and number is 9311902002. If you get it please put the cost here.

Check in a unlikely place - the hardware stores. I have tried unsuccessfully for these tapes in big stationery stores & places like Big Bazaar etc. But chanced upon these in my local hardware store ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer (Post 1256023)
OK, I have inquired again with KMD and he is ready to order them from US and it will be available for sale in 10 days. It cost you 275 per roll. Please contact KMD directly and confirm how many pieces you want.

Any idea about the length, breadth & thickness & the material it's made from?
Had called up the 3M, Kolkata representative after getting his number from the Bangalore office & was told that the product is not available here. This was more than a year ago & it seems the situation has not changed since then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nura (Post 1256114)
Any idea about the length, breadth & thickness & the material it's made from?

From what I recall 3M do various types of double tape suited to different applications.

What do you need it for ?

Saw a few on rediff a few days back. 195 - 199 rs. Here. Donno If this is what you have in your mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer (Post 1256023)

Sorry it sound dumb, what is KMD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam003 (Post 1256040)
I guess get in touch with 3M distributor in Delhi. his name is Rajiv Agarwal and number is 9311902002. If you get it please put the cost here.

Thanks I will call him

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1256087)
Check in a unlikely place - the hardware stores. I have tried unsuccessfully for these tapes in big stationery stores & places like Big Bazaar etc. But chanced upon these in my local hardware store ..

Tried few hardware shops but no luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobinjv (Post 1256326)
Saw a few on rediff a few days back. 195 - 199 rs. Here. Donno If this is what you have in your mind.

Those are local tapes and are not good

Have seen in Staples, Bangalore

KMD is an importer. We usually buy stuff available on amazon, newegg etc via him. even after transportation and his margins , its still cheaper. google for katmandude to find out more :)

I picked up my roll of 3M from Yusuf Sarai, New Delhi for Rs.240/-

I picked up one from Car Automobiles, J.C.Road, Bangalore for 215/-.