Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 10:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

I believe he must have quoted you the price for the LCD and Motherboard. Under no circumstances the lcd should cost so much.

PS: At what price did you bought laptop and when ??
Old 6th May 2009, 15:31   #17
BHPian

I had changed my laptop screen recently (mentioned in the thread quoted here). IMO going to authorized for getting any replacement parts after warranty (even during warranty breakage does not count) does not make good monetary sense, the costs are easily 2-3 times more than what is available outside.

What I would suggest is get the part number of your LCD screen for your model (to get this use the following site: Laptop Parts & Repair, Notebook Computer Repair, Printer Parts - Spare Parts Warehouse) and contact your local hardware vendor for the price. Once the part is sourced change the screen yourself or get it done by a competent person, I was charged 700 for this since I did not want to take a risk.
Old 14th May 2009, 09:46   #18
BHPian

Thanks guys

Hi guys, Thanks for all your suggestions. Managed to replace the screen at a price of Rs.7300.Though the hardware guy was not a professional and I was worried when he opened the laptop,he just put everything in place .Next time I'll try do it myself
Old 14th May 2009, 10:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow!
the screen on my IBM R61 completely cracked and was blank and to get it replaced, I spent around 13K INR. Now, since the $ has gone up, the rate would be higher but not more than 20K for sure in the States.
India should be cheaper.

Edit: just saw your post. 7300 is very reasonable!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks