Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2009, 23:13   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
......incorrect values 4-5 km less compared to the speeometer.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Well the thing is that, all our speedometers have errors. Don't try to make your software accurate according to the speedometer. Just make it accurate based on GPS readings. That way you get the true speed of the car.

Car's have speedo error for a reason. On average it is probably about a 4km/h difference at 100km/h.

See this for more information :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...edometers.html

cya
R
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tested in my HTC P3300 (Artemis), thought it should work in HTC devices atleast. It is working in Asus devices as well.
This has been developed with Windows Mobile SDK 6. Make sure you have installed .NET Comfact Framework.
hey, So you are probably the only other person I know of using a HTC p3300. Graet application. I should try to run it on my P3300 aka artemis. Please tell me what'll should i do to have it running in my phone? fyi, my phone was formatted once and ever since i've never installed the gps navigation application.
Can you please highlight all the applications you loaded your phone with?
Old 22nd June 2009, 16:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
hey, So you are probably the only other person I know of using a HTC p3300. Graet application. I should try to run it on my P3300 aka artemis. Please tell me what'll should i do to have it running in my phone? fyi, my phone was formatted once and ever since i've never installed the gps navigation application.
Can you please highlight all the applications you loaded your phone with?
To run this applications, you should have GPS, .NET framework 2.0 and that's it. Just copy the exe to any folder and run it.

Soon there are more features coming to this application like Speed timer where you can check 0-100 with split timers, Big digital display, Speedo range upto 260 km.

I have loaded some useful tools which I use daily like Happy tapping keyboard, Windows Advance Desktop, S2U2, Tracky GPS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Car's have speedo error for a reason. On average it is probably about a 4km/h difference at 100km/h.

See this for more information :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...edometers.html

cya
R
Yep, I know that GPS speed is accurate as it calculates using satellite, however just to synchronize it with cars speedo, I have added 4 km. In the coming version you can control it either +/- value to correct it if you want, otherwise make it 0 to display the exact GPS Speed.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2009 at 15:37. Reason: Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making 2 consecutive posts. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To run this applications, you should have GPS, .NET framework 2.0 and that's it. Just copy the exe to any folder and run it.

Soon there are more features coming to this application like Speed timer where you can check 0-100 with split timers, Big digital display, Speedo range upto 260 km.

I have loaded some useful tools which I use daily like Happy tapping keyboard, Windows Advance Desktop, S2U2, Tracky GPS ...
I'm guessing the P3300 already has .NET framework 2.0 (many forums say so). GPS it definitely has.
If it isn't trouble,Can me give a step-step procedure to do this? Its been 2 yrs and i haven't used this phone for anything other than for calling
I want to customize it.
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I'm guessing the P3300 already has .NET framework 2.0 (many forums say so). GPS it definitely has.
If it isn't trouble,Can me give a step-step procedure to do this? Its been 2 yrs and i haven't used this phone for anything other than for calling
I want to customize it.
First you have to connect the phone using Microsoft ActiveSync in order to trasnfer files. Then copy the file availble in this thread to your storagecard. (Make sure you rename the file to .zip in order to extract the .exe file inside).
Now run the application, once it receives GPS signal it will display the satellite count, now click the Speedo button to display the digital speedo.
Old 22nd June 2009, 19:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First you have to connect the phone using Microsoft ActiveSync in order to trasnfer files. Then copy the file availble in this thread to your storagecard. (Make sure you rename the file to .zip in order to extract the .exe file inside).
Now run the application, once it receives GPS signal it will display the satellite count, now click the Speedo button to display the digital speedo.
ActiveSync?? Why? can't i transfer the same via WiFi?
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
ActiveSync?? Why? can't i transfer the same via WiFi?
I haven't tried it or else take the memory card from the phone and transfer it using memory card reader.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't tried it or else take the memory card from the phone and transfer it using memory card reader.
trouble again. application works but i'm not sure what's wrong coz it does not hook onto any of the 12 available satellites. It just does not work. The application will work if it can read any of the satellites I'm sure. HELP!!!
Old 7th July 2009, 15:08   #39
BHPian

I tested this on my ASUS P526 and it works flawlessly. Great application. You can think of having one screen for display during day time when there is too much of sunlight and one for the night. IMO the current screen is good for night vision but during daytime I could not see a clear display. BTW Thank you for sharing.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
I tested this on my ASUS P526 and it works flawlessly. Great application. You can think of having one screen for display during day time when there is too much of sunlight and one for the night. IMO the current screen is good for night vision but during daytime I could not see a clear display. BTW Thank you for sharing.
Good suggestion, will try that. The next release will have an option to set the Max brightness when the application is running.
Old 21st July 2009, 11:42   #41
BHPian

New QVGA Version v1.1

New QVGA Version v1.1

GPS Speedometer (Analog & Digital) for WM6-gps-qvga-v1.1.jpg
GPSSpeedo QVGA v1.1.zip.gpx
Old 21st July 2009, 12:02   #42
BHPian

Great!! I downloaded the application. I will install it on my Asus and try it this evening. I shall let you know of my findings. Thank you.
Old 21st July 2009, 12:31   #43
BHPian

Thanks again! You added many useful features.

Should we use the settings.exe or it just does detect GPS automatically?
It displays `Status: Connecting` and satallite count is showing 0/12 (0).

This is a Asus P526. Please suggest.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Thanks again! You added many useful features.

Should we use the settings.exe or it just does detect GPS automatically?
It displays `Status: Connecting` and satallite count is showing 0/12 (0).

This is a Asus P526. Please suggest.
If you have an inbuilt GPS it should detect automatically. If it does not work then try using settings.exe to change the COM port.
Old 21st July 2009, 19:30   #45
BHPian

I guess it was waiting for GPS to acquire fix. it worked fine later.
I had copied all the files from new version extract to the same folder i already had for the older version. So the settings.exe was already there. So not sure, if it was used or not. I am yet to use other features like trip meter. Will post here about that once I start using it. Appreciate the efforts.

Most Viewed