Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2010, 14:57   #91
BHPian

yes 3G is available in pune. They are heavily promoting it here. As I am not the user I can't comment on the quality. But if somebody in the forum votes for it I will buy it :-)
Old 26th July 2010, 10:52   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
HI Guys! Just wanted to know if anybody on Team BHP are using BSNL 3G. Any feedback? What is the cost? Any additional information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Yes Iam using it in my N86 8MP phone.
It is simply superb and very fast.
There are various plans available in 3G.
Recently they have launched 3G Vennela Super Plus Plan.
For me the charges are 1 ps per 10 KB.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:08   #93
BHPian

Any recommendations for '3G USB Modem' for BSNL usage in Pune?
From basic researching, Huawei modems are the better ones to go for. What about connecting external antennas in the future? Cost is not too much a factor. Prefer to buy locally in Pune rather than via ebay.
Did some reading on TE and there is talk about error 619 & 628 while using certain modems in 'West Zone'. Can anyone explain that in basic terms?
Thanks
Old 27th November 2010, 18:24   #94
BHPian

@greencity- Are you serious? Well for your information these are the charges of normal gprs net in Punjab !
Old 27th November 2010, 18:34   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Any recommendations for '3G USB Modem' for BSNL usage in Pune?
From basic researching, Huawei modems are the better ones to go for. What about connecting external antennas in the future? Cost is not too much a factor. Prefer to buy locally in Pune rather than via ebay.
Did some reading on TE and there is talk about error 619 & 628 while using certain modems in 'West Zone'. Can anyone explain that in basic terms?
Thanks
buy the micromax which is indeed Huawei
the most recent models support speeds upto 7.2mbps and you should easily get 5mbps on bsnl 3G with it, i think it costs around 2000-2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
@greencity- Are you serious? Well for your information these are the charges of normal gprs net in Punjab !
the pricing he told is same for BSNL 3G on most regions.

However best pack they have launched is Rs.4200/6months, unlimited, with no fair use policy cap.
Old 27th November 2010, 19:26   #96
BHPian

I use the 3G on my galaxy Tab , i must say that it is superb , i also at times use it as a hotspot to share the connection with my mac .. so far so good !! have travelled to chennai and hyd with the connection no complaints at all for now .
Old 27th November 2010, 20:32   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr View Post
I use the 3G on my galaxy Tab , i must say that it is superb
Is it possible for you to give us a review of the Galaxy Tab and the 3G tie up? This is the exact combination I am looking to purchase soon.
(In addition to moving my laptop connection to 3G via BSNL).
Old 27th November 2010, 22:05   #98
BHPian

Sure !!

I have had the 3g for about a month now , previously it was on the Galaxy S , worked like charm even on the Galaxy, was able to browse all website , all mails used to sync , sold the galaxy S to move over to the tab .

I have had the tab for about a 10 days now , works superbly i am able to open all websites , browsing is as good as laptop. I have installed this application called speed test ,i have always got a speed of above 1mbps for download and 500+ for upload , this is in bangalore, i was in HYD yesterday believe me when i say this i was getting a speed of 2.5 mpbs when i checked the speed, i actually did not take my laptop as i wanted to try how will i survive with a tab , the 2 days that i was there i did not miss my mac !! , i was able to open most of my excel reports . Battery would last me for a day , with some quick session of angry (quite addictive ).

but i had some problem with 3G in newdelhi i was only getting 256kbps of download .Guess MTNL is not as good as BSNL this is my perception.

Overall 3g and tab is a good combination. If you are in Bangalore , we could meet up and you could check it your self
Old 28th November 2010, 14:59   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr View Post
Overall 3g and tab is a good combination. If you are in Bangalore , we could meet up and you could check it your self
Thanks for the offer, but I am in Pune.

I am going to first risk buying just the sim card and seeing what sort of reception/download speeds I get in Pune before committing to the 3G Modem (and possibly the Galaxy Tab ).
Old 29th November 2010, 19:27   #100
Senior - BHPian

I'm using the MTNL 3G for the last 20 days and am pretty satisfied with its performance. While connectivity in my office cabin has always been an issue, I enjoy good speeds.

Will have to test it out on my outdoor trips.
Old 30th November 2010, 10:10   #101
BHPian

BSNL 3g while roaming in Mumbai/Pune

I use BSNL 3G on my iPhone 3GS in Hyd. The speed and connectivity is pretty good. But when I'd visited Mumbai and Pune couple of months ago, the data part was not working on roaming even though voice connectivity was ok. Then last month I was in Kochi (Kerala) I had no issues in enjoying sweet 3G speeds even on roaming.
Is there anything extra that needs to be done for BSNL roaming in Mumbai or Pune, and does it have anything to do with changing settings manually for MTNL in Mumbai? But then, why did BSNL 3G not work in Pune too?
Old 30th November 2010, 10:33   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
But when I'd visited Mumbai and Pune couple of months ago, the data part was not working on roaming even though voice connectivity was ok. Then last month I was in Kochi (Kerala) I had no issues in enjoying sweet 3G speeds even on roaming.
I faced the exact same issue when i went for AKC in Pune. Somehow the data went kaput! Zillion calls to customer care and it still was Kaput! I tried almost all the apn's possible for BSNL and no luck. Mine was a pre-paid BSNL 3G card.

Works like a charm in South.

My only hunch with the setting was, when i entered MH my data roaming switch was OFF in setting. I switched it ON later and maybe the network did not accept the switching ON part in the guest network?? Never got a chance to try it out later
Old 30th November 2010, 10:47   #103
Senior - BHPian

While configuring my MTNL 3G Data cardm I noticed it had several options for selecting the settings for Mumbai and some other cities etc., but only the Delhi secton was in bold for to select.

Maybe when you enter a different circle, then that setting gets activated and once you select that, it would start working. Since I have not travelled out of Delhi/NCR, haven't had the opportunity to test.
Old 30th November 2010, 10:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

I have been using BSNL 3G for the last one year or so. I have never had any issues even while roaming, only one irritant is the speeds are very low when ever I travel to Delhi especially at my office guest house near Rajendra Place metro, I suspect MTNL network is the culprit. In fact the speeds are very good in almost all the South states. I pay about Rs.1050/- a month for a 10 GB plan. Nothing to complain about.

Incidentally I do not change the connection setting at all when I travel to either Delhi or Mumbai, gone are the days when BSNL data roaming never used to work on MTNL.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:16   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Works like a charm in South.

My only hunch with the setting was, when i entered MH my data roaming switch was OFF in setting. I switched it ON later and maybe the network did not accept the switching ON part in the guest network?? Never got a chance to try it out later
+1 to that.

My data roaming setting was already set to ON before I entered Pune/Mumbai. And I tried switching it On/Off to see if that worked, but no luck. I was data-less in Pune/Mumbai having to actually speak with people on the phone instead of emailing and twitterring/facebooking

I'm on Excel prepaid. Would that explain why it didn't work except for the south? Haven't tried it anywhere else apart from KL and MH (and AP) though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks