Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 22:20   #1
BHPian

Anybody using BSNL 3G

HI Guys! Just wanted to know if anybody on Team BHP are using BSNL 3G. Any feedback? What is the cost? Any additional information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 8th May 2009, 00:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh! When did they launch?
Old 8th May 2009, 14:06   #3
BHPian

have used it for around one month , the service is not good at all because customer care does not exist although it was giving a surfing speed of around 512 Kbps but the coverage is no good at all since 3g needs more towers than 2g . I had got a prepaid sim cost around 300/- and got it charged with Rs. 350/- voice plan and 250/- data plan. The data plan never worked and the data uasge was deducted from the voice account at Rs 2/- per MB. Nobody at bsnl knew how to activate the data account or how to know the balance of the data account. No help available either at the local bsnl offices or customer care. Further there were no settings available for 3g so I had figure it all out with the help of websites and foroums . I was one of the very few who could connect the phone to the laptop and surf. On the whole sevice has been launched just for namesake and without any prepration . I hear MTNL has got only few hundred customers and BSNL few thousand even though india already has around 1.5 million 3G handsets.
Old 8th May 2009, 14:52   #4
BHPian

I too am interested in knowing more about what BSNL offers as 3G. Is it available in Bangalore too? How is the rate and data plan? Used to browse on my phone using WiFi earlier, my new phone doesn't have that feature now.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

Its not yet launched in bangalore and will happen in a month or two
Old 29th December 2009, 10:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Bsnl 3g Services

The recent hot topic in Chennai was the auction of the Vanity numbers and their bidding price. The highest bidder for a number was Rs 1,80,000. A Sim for such a big amount. There may be some big reason behind it.
The topic of this thread is BSNL 3G services. Now all the metros are having as well as hundreds of cities and towns are extended for this services. I did got one Post Paid service and one prepaid service. The mobile I use for both the sims are Nokis. Post paid with E75 and the prepaid is E61. As per my observation the clarity of the video and voice calls are good. As the E61i has only one camera the video call is one way one. E7s we can see ourselves in a Picture in picture type window and the receiver in Normal window. So far no problem. Now let us discuss on this matter. Hope no body started this thread earlier. If there is a thread of this type exists. It can be merged.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:21   #7
Team-BHP Support

Do let us know more about the data speed and the charges that are associated?

With the delays of 3G launch from other operators and number portability option coming up in future, i dont mind shifting to BSNL. Atleast they have coverage in almost all the corners of India
Old 29th December 2009, 14:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have opted for a 1099 plan gives me 10 GB data transfer a month. My sony ericsson falls back to 2G often which am told is not an issue with nokia. When am connected the prefer are pretty decent.
Old 30th December 2009, 00:11   #9
BHPian

I would be interested in the video calling. I will get in touch with bsnl and check the options out. I get to use the camera on both sides of my phone now ! lol
Old 30th December 2009, 00:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
I would be interested in the video calling. I will get in touch with bsnl and check the options out. I get to use the camera on both sides of my phone now ! lol

And you could get easily busted now too, with visual phone calls.
Old 30th December 2009, 01:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

Chennai BSNL gave 10K 3G connections including the migration. I do use the 3g since the trial run started. But got the full fledged Post Paid on December 1st. The other Pre paid was connected about 10 days back. It is the promotional offer going on. 30ps per second for the local call and other network including std costs 60ps per minute. Really it is cheaper than 2 G. The 333 plan is valid for 180 days with 20 Rs talk time. the after call display shows the reduction of Ps 30 for own net work and 60 for other network. I use in dual mode. Where ever 3G signal available it worrks with 3g display and if there is no signal no display but signal tower display is there and voice call is not ata all diturbed.
Old 30th December 2009, 22:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And you could get easily busted now too, with visual phone calls.
Ha ha, yeah. I will have to cut down on my so very frequent "business" meetings.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am using MTNL 3G, (Pay per second Plan) 1 paise/2 sec for MTNL to MTNL and 1 paise/sec for MTNL to all other networks (LOCAL & STD). Don't have ISD. Video quality is ok, little jerk is there if we move the phone while talking. Data speed is much better than EDGE. In-phone browsing is a charm. Also using it as a modem for my laptop. Getting 400 to 450kbps (as per Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test speed test) Data charges - 1 paise/10KB.

I hope BSNL also has same performance.

Cheers!
Old 31st December 2009, 14:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

bsnl 3g has it been launched in bangalore yet?
i got calls from bsnl people regarding my interest in 3g and when i said yes they said 3g will be launched shortly and person will contact me then.
But i found the tarrifs a bit too pricey .
Old 31st December 2009, 15:20   #15
BANNED

BSNL - Bhai Saheb Nahin Lagega
MTNL - Mera Telephone Nahin Lagta

Part of records of the Lok Sabha following a question by Mr Ahluwalia to the then Telecom Minister - D Maran

Need one say any more

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks