Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 09:17   #1
BHPian

Suggest a backpack for cam+handycam+notebook

I need to get myself a backpack which can carry my digital cam (compact superzoom) and a Sony handycam (compact HDD version). It should have upgradability to a DSLR (with kit lens). I may invest in 1 extra lens and not more and that too in the distant future.

I'd prefer Lowerpro/Kata/Crumpler if possible as they are the leaders in this market.

Ideally I'd like something less than 5K (would be getting it from US). The backpack should be easily accessible and I should be able to switch between my cam and handycam quickly (high accessibility). If the bag has place for a notebook that'd be ideal but that is not a mandatory requirement.

Do we have shops in Mumbai selling these bags?

TIA
Old 5th June 2009, 09:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kalpesh,

I had seen a couple of these in Croma which would serve your purpose. The were neat and can easily swallow your cam, notebook and other stuff.

The flipside - 2k to 4.5K
Old 5th June 2009, 09:33   #3
Team-BHP Support

Kata's laptop compatible bags dont allow super fast access. If you are looking for fast access think sling bang or 'sling backpacks' like the LowePro 250 / Slingshot 100/200 or Tamrac Aero 80/85. The Lowepro Sling shot is a single shoulder bag so takes getting used to. I did not find it comfortable for long hikes.
Old 5th June 2009, 09:40   #4
BHPian

Lowepro Compudaypack. I have it and its extremely durable and I feel it will serve the requirements you have mentioned.
Old 5th June 2009, 09:44   #5
BHPian

Hey Kalpesh,

Do look up @ Laptop Bags - Skooba Design - Laptop Cases - Computer Bags - Laptop Sleeves

Or a few others like

1. SFBags - WaterField Designs - Laptop Bags - Made in USA - Made in San Francisco - Laptop Sleeve - Netbook Sleeve - Kindle 2 Case - Kindle DX Case - Nintendo DSi Case - Flip Video Case - Checkpoint Friendly - MacBook Sleeve - Computer Sleeve - Ipod Ac

2. Spire: Laptop Backpack, Laptop Bag, Laptop Sleeve

My use of these products has been for quick dump of clothes & the notebook - nett total transport weight between 8.5 - 12.5kgs at any given travel time. Though they have specific slots for cams, handycams etc as well.

Trust this helps.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:50   #6
BHPian

I have the Kata Dr-467 and here is a link to a review -- Kata DR-467 Digital Rucksack Digital Camera Accessory reviews - CNET Reviews

And based on what your requirements are, they are quite similar to mine and this backpack should be more than sufficient for you. When I travel I carry

15" laptop in the dedicated laptop pocket
Canon DSLR (with 1 extra lens) and JVC Digicam with chargers/adapters in the camera compartment which is awesomely divided (and the divisions can be adjusted too).
Mp3 player, IEMs and headphone amp (in one of the smaller pockets)
And a novel, my passport pouch and a notebook in the main pocket.

Yes it does get a little heavy but to fit all that stuff comfortably in a backpack that is actually not all that big is pretty awesome. And when I bought it, it was on sale on Amazon for 60USD so it was a great deal as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks