Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 11:35   #61
BHPian

Re: Online Bill Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes. In the same bind as you. Are you also in S7? My due date is 23/11.

Looks like I will have to take some time off to go to BLR1.
Don't really know about my area code. Just did my payment on bangaloreone.gov.in work as well, as I don't really want to go to a Physical Centre.

Last edited by avi550m : 18th November 2013 at 11:48.
Old 18th November 2013, 12:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Don't really know about my area code. Just did my payment on bangaloreone.gov.in work as well, as I don't really want to go to a Physical Centre.
Thanks for the tip. I paid on BLR1's website and it worked (didn't need any other detail except the account ID). They charged about 2% above the bill amount.
Old 23rd December 2013, 08:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Thanks for the tip. I paid on BLR1's website and it worked (didn't need any other detail except the account ID). They charged about 2% above the bill amount.
This month it is worse. Today is my BESCOM due date, but the bill has not been posted on BESCOM's or BLR1's website. Looks like I have to walk in to the BLR1 on Airport Road. And today BSNL's payment portal (portal.bsnl.in) looks down too.
Old 10th February 2014, 07:24   #64
BHPian

I see that BESCOM is listed as a possible payee in HDFC Bill Pay but not in ICICI Bill Pay (maybe it still WIP for ICICI?).

Anyone successfully registered and paid BESCOM bills using HDFC online BillPay recently (after the RAPDRP accounting changes)? I presume there are no surcharges for this?
Old 9th April 2020, 21:43   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

So bescom emailed the bill even without taking a reading. I think even BWSSB did the same. How many here are going to pay the bill, they claim they will adjust it at next billing cycle.
Old 28th April 2020, 20:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
So bescom emailed the bill even without taking a reading. I think even BWSSB did the same. How many here are going to pay the bill, they claim they will adjust it at next billing cycle.
We in Bombay, got a sms, from Tata Power stating, No meter reading will be done during the lockdown. The bills will be generated based on the average consumption over the last xxx months (I don't remember 100%, I think I read 3 months)
Old 28th April 2020, 22:05   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it's the average of my last 3 bills and probably lower than the actual as we have been home throughout with far higher electricity usage.

I suggest you pay as BESCOM at least has a nasty habit of directly disconnecting meters without further notice. A bunch of neighbours suffered that a couple of times, so they do do it!
Old 29th April 2020, 01:01   #68
Team-BHP Support

I paid BESCOM, the bill was in the same ballpark as our usual monthly one, so no harm no foul.

In a past instance, when they'd given me an absurd 5-figure bill because their reading guy fat-fingered an extra digit into his handheld device, they didn't budge even after I showed them a picture and video of my meter's actual reading.

Returned home late one night to find the main fuse missing. Last thing I want in a lockdown, trying to find a spare fuse
Old 29th April 2020, 13:24   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So bescom emailed the bill even without taking a reading. I think even BWSSB did the same.
It is the same for NBPDCL as well. I too paid as averages.

Would they take a reading and adjust it later?
Old 29th April 2020, 13:36   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Same thing is happening with CESC in Kolkata,West Bengal. Meter reader's are not available during the lockdown. So they are sending last year's bill or 6 months average bill if last year's bill is not available. But the bill's will eventually be adjusted once meter reading resumes.
Old 3rd May 2020, 10:31   #71
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

BESCOM is at it again with their unfair practices!

BESCOM's billing methodology is very unfair and this affects everyone in Bangalore.

In April, due to the lockdown, meter reading was not taken and all consumers were asked to pay the same amount as previous month (March) bill which we have also done.

This month the meter reading was taken and the bill seems exorbitant (since we know our average usage over past several years and there seemed to be something wrong).

On analysing the bill, I found that this is how the calculation has been made:
1.Bill Amount calculated based on Total units consumed from 1 March to 1 May (2 months)
2. Less amount paid in April (same as March bill)
3. Net Bill amount calculated based on No.2

This is not a fair way of calculation because unit charges are based on slabs, so in one billing cycle if you end up with units you usually consume in two months, you had it!!!

Ideally, they should have subtracted the number of units consumed in march since we paid the amount in April. Then, remaining units would be what should be billed for may bill.

Example : our bill is usually around Rs.1200 (very consistently over few years) but this time it has become Rs.2100 despite our usage being the same last month and paying Rs.1200.

*I'm not sure if this is a problem due to the billing software used by BESCOM but even then it needs to be rectified and our bill amount must be recalculated.

I tried calling their helpline yesterday but the lady who handled my query was simply unable to understand the point I was making and she just abruptly disconnected the call

Last edited by NPV : 3rd May 2020 at 10:35.
NPV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 12:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
BESCOM is at it again with their unfair practices!

BESCOM's billing methodology is very unfair and this affects everyone in Bangalore....
Same as happened in our part of Bangalore also ie Banaswadi. We are paying around Rs 1700 extra for this month.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd May 2020 at 14:06. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 3rd May 2020, 13:24   #73
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^This definitely amounts to cheating, what is the "official" way to dispute or challenge this ? Hope someone will file a PIL soon. Also, there is the KERC Karnataka Electric Regulatory Commission, don't know if they can be approached for such issues.
*Imagine the amount of loot in just 1 month for BESCOM with an average of Rs.500 extra from every single connection in Bangalore

Last edited by NPV : 3rd May 2020 at 13:26.
Old 3rd May 2020, 14:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:
^^^This definitely amounts to cheating, what is the "official" way to dispute or challenge this ? Hope someone will file a PIL soon. Also, there is the KERC Karnataka Electric Regulatory Commission, don't know if they can be approached for such issues.
*Imagine the amount of loot in just 1 month for BESCOM with an average of Rs.500 extra from every single connection in Bangalore
I am not sure, how much effective it is. But, did you try raising the complaint in their online portal?
That is, after you login, go to Complaints->Billing Related and voice your complaint here.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 15:33   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Same issue. They asked me to send an email to helplinebescom@gmail.com with relevant details.

I did, and they have forwarded to the concerned person with a CC to me.
MuraliR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks