Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 08:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Online Bill Payment

I was going through the BSNL online portal.I noticed there was an option saying online recharge. i have a federal bank account which has etrading activated.
Then i found out whether they accepted Credit cards or not and realized they have option of recharge through E Banking.I dint want to risk a large sum , So i decided to Top up(only recharge not validity) for 110 rs. Did all the formality's then confirmed the trade on 21 may 2009 @ 9:15 pm. I cross verified with my account by logging into it and see that 110 has been deducted.

but the top up has not reached my phone. Im 100% sure my number which i gave is correct because in the bsnl portal you need to make a new account to top up and it clearly mentions my number.
1 day over and still no recharge. i predicted a delay of 1 day or so because of Bsnl's primitive technology.

Then a week is over and still no top up.

then i called up their customer care (i must say This is the worst customer service helpline ever.) i called 3 times and was hung up by the operator twice because he dint understand my problem and dint have any solution.

then i registered a complaint. he said it will be rectified in 2 days.
i called again after 3 days and got the complaint re registered and still no improvement.
Its been a month and i have still not got the topup.

The bank has deducted the amount from my account and the bsnl portal says in the status column - awaiting response from bank.

yes i agree 110 is a small amount. But imagine the plight if i did it for a 1000 bucks?
basically the 110 bucks is gone down the drain for me now. Ive stopped calling customer care because its pointless.
Old 24th June 2009, 09:13   #2
BANNED

This is the reason I don not pay my postpaid bill through my Credit card. I have been paying the bill through the drop box for over four years. However, twice in the past four months the amount was credited only after the last date (even though the cheque was deposited more than a week earlier). Both times they charged me Rs.10 for late payment.

Also, to add insult to injury they disconnected my phone in the end of March for alleged non-payment, even though the bill was for Rs.338 and my credit limit is Rs.2000. In the next bill they also added Rs.100 for reconnection.

After all BSNL stands for Mera Telephone Nahin Lagta - try connecting to a Reliance and you will know.

For that matter SBI is unable to SMS to a CDMA connection!
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

I know, I know, it is really dumb to do any online transaction with any government entity. But the convenience factor sometimes forces me to commit this dumb act.

I have 4 months worth of BSNL bills pending for the apartment I recently rented. These are small amounts of 110 bucks each, but the owner hadn't paid. I discovered all the bills at once when I opened the mailbox.

So I tried paying each of the bills at Welcome to Bangalore Telecom District website today. It showed me all the 4 bills. However I had to pay it one at a time using credit card.

Every time I paid, it gave the result as:

Transaction Successful !!!.
Transaction ID: MCIT00XXXXXXX
Transaction Log Failed !!!

If the Transaction log failed, how is the transaction successful? Now I have no idea whether the bill is paid or not.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:57   #4
BHPian

For online recharge/topup it's so much better to do it through https://www.rechargeitnow.com/.

I have topped up my BSNL prepaid several times and it takes about 5 minutes for the talk-time value to reach your mobile.
You could recharge most of the mobile as well as DTH connections available in India.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:10   #5
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I know, I know, it is really dumb to do any online transaction with any government entity. But the convenience factor sometimes forces me to commit this dumb act.

I have 4 months worth of BSNL bills pending for the apartment I recently rented. These are small amounts of 110 bucks each, but the owner hadn't paid. I discovered all the bills at once when I opened the mailbox.

So I tried paying each of the bills at Welcome to Bangalore Telecom District website today. It showed me all the 4 bills. However I had to pay it one at a time using credit card.

Every time I paid, it gave the result as:

If the Transaction log failed, how is the transaction successful? Now I have no idea whether the bill is paid or not.
I had exactly same issue 10 days ago and when I re-login, it still shows my bills pending. But the bank statement shows the amound deducted. But after 3 or 4 days, it got rectified by itself.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:32   #6
Team-BHP Support

I thought Bangalore One was a good solution for all the govt bill payments in Bangalore (Electricity Bills/Cell One/BSNL etc).
The only thing where BSNL fails (with respect to mobile esp.) is that when you one a change of plans is pretty difficult.

Bill payments, by and large I have been OK with.
Never done a re-charge.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd June 2010 at 14:36.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:03   #7
BANNED

What did Mr SS Ahluwalia MP say in the Lok Sabha to the then telecom minister Dayanidhi Maran (I hope Maran understood): BSNL - Bhai Saheb Nahin Lagega, and MTNL - Mera Telephone Nahin Lagta.
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
For online recharge/topup it's so much better to do it through https://www.rechargeitnow.com/.

I have topped up my BSNL prepaid several times and it takes about 5 minutes for the talk-time value to reach your mobile.
You could recharge most of the mobile as well as DTH connections available in India.
I have tried a similar service. But you get charged the service tax twice. one by bsnl and other by the recharge company.
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Rule no:1, never do any online transaction with any Govt. or Semi-Govt. company. I'm using BSNL post paid connection for last 10 years and was tempted to pay my bill online several time just for the sake of convenience but then I know how responsive a Govt. enterprise will be in case of any issues.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:58   #10
Team-BHP Support

I guess I got encouraged after successfully paying BBMP property tax online.

When I logged in now, it doesn't show any pending bills. May be it worked. I won't know until I get the next bill.

Remember, government projects are always done by the lowest bidder.
Old 4th June 2010, 00:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, this is normal, and not to be worried. It's only the Logging that has failed, and the transaction has been declared as successful. You can continue to use their portal. I'm accustomed to seeing the above message for a long time now, hehe.
Old 4th June 2010, 00:19   #12
Team-BHP Support

Whatever happened to ACID properties of transactions...
Old 4th June 2010, 07:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess I got encouraged after successfully paying BBMP property tax online.

When I logged in now, it doesn't show any pending bills. May be it worked. I won't know until I get the next bill.

Remember, government projects are always done by the lowest bidder.
+1 to that! I have been paying property tax online, since last two years and no problem at least till date!
Similarly BSNL Cell One payment through Online Bangalore One works very well.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:46   #14
BHPian

I have been using BSNL portal to pay mobile bill for more than 2 yrs now. Success rate is 90%, i.e transaction was successfull 9 out of 10 times. If you have any issues, you can just send a mail to billpay@bsnl.co.in. You also get 1% discount in your subsequent bills for using online payment option.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:55   #15
jp1
BHPian

I too pay my BSNL mobile bills online and have no problem. Past few month I paid landline also and faced same problem 'Log writing error' as Samurai mentioned above, but it works.

Anyone tried Bangalore One online portal ? To pay BESCOM or Water bill? Is it reliable?

Most Viewed