Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 14:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Playstation 3 / Blu Ray Lens Cleaning !?

I have always cleaned my Sony BlueRay player by opening the cover and cleaning the lens with dry ear buds, or if its bad use Nail Polish Remover from my wife's cosmetics case wet the ear bud and clean the lens.

This has worked all the time and i am not sure if this is a correct way, or would lead to any other damages to the lens. Please do this at your own risk
Old 13th October 2011, 16:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Playstation 3 / Blu Ray Lens Cleaning !?

If your PS3 is not broken then there is no point of replacing it by paying 10k. And as it is out of warranty then why not try cleaning the lens yourself? I'm sure that it's not going to a very difficult job. And I think there are some guys who can work on such things for a very nominal amount. You may try to find such people (I read about this in IVG if I'm not wrong but that forum is blocked in my office network and hence can't find the link now).
Old 17th October 2011, 10:39   #18
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help required for PS3 - Blinking red light & lens cleaning

Thanks guys. Kaushik...I think cleaning it myself seems to be the best solution as of now. I'm good at these kinda things anyway. Btw....whats IVG??
Old 17th October 2011, 14:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help required for PS3 - Blinking red light & lens cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Thanks guys. Kaushik...I think cleaning it myself seems to be the best solution as of now. I'm good at these kinda things anyway. Btw....whats IVG??
Yup, and do let us know how it goes. Even my PS3 is lying unused for quite sometime. But I normally leave a BD inside, I remember reading somewhere that leaving a disk inside is a good way to prevent the amount of dust getting into the lens to some extent.
IVG is a gaming forum, India related. You can get loads of information there about gaming/consoles etc and also a good place to buy used games. I think IVG stands for India/Indian Video gamers.

Most Viewed