Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 21:40   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Here are the details of this Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 plan:
What I am looking to see if anyone has made a switch to this plan. I am on Airtel 999 Unlimited plan and was offered this plan yesterday. It is not a rumor but is being offered to many people these days and I have an official Airtel email to support this. This sounds like an awesome plan if this is truly unlimited like Airtel 999 plan.

Hi, iam using this plan right from the plan was released quite some months back in bangalore. Its cool plan where you get free antivirus, gaming, freecalls and 100 rupees worth speed on demand. The total bill should come to around 1433 inclusive of all taxes ( assuming you do not exceed your free call value).
Old 29th June 2010, 22:01   #107
BHPian

Hi everybody, can somebody suggest me good operator and broadband connection in Bangalore. My requirement is good speed and downloading at nights.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
FUP limit 6GB, speed post FUP limit 256Kbps.
It isn't Unlimited. I just migrated to it, post 6 GB you'll be charged 10 paisa per MB.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:52   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
It isn't Unlimited. I just migrated to it, post 6 GB you'll be charged 10 paisa per MB.
If you are talking about the Impatient 4mbps plans then they are free but the speed comes down to 256kbps. I'm using the same for 2 months (25GB limit one) and they don't charge a single paise extra after 25GB. This is in Bangalore, so plans might be different in other circles.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:04   #110
BHPian

I think the limit probably is 50GB per month at 4Mbps and rest at 256Kbps as I was told while getting mine converted some three months back, service tax, cess all included it comes to ~2K per month.
I keep telling myself that my time is more important and worth, much more than what they charge me for the extra speed, 4Mbps rocks anyway to bring on that stupid grin you see
Old 29th June 2010, 23:30   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, yes... I think you're right: a super-measly 256!

I haven't looked at the tariff for a while, and numbers don't stick in my head. I was always shocked that anybody here ever even considered 256 to be broadband (Fraudband, as it was christened on another forum) even though I only previously had 512 in UK.
Old 30th June 2010, 01:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
If you are talking about the Impatient 4mbps plans then they are free but the speed comes down to 256kbps. I'm using the same for 2 months (25GB limit one) and they don't charge a single paise extra after 25GB. This is in Bangalore, so plans might be different in other circles.
I found this while googling - Airtel breaks the speed barrier -Doubles speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost-

Apparently, you have a choice with the Impatience plan - I can either get 256 Kbps after the FUP limit, or pay 10 paise per MB to above the FUP limit and continue getting the 4 Mbps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
I think the limit probably is 50GB per month at 4Mbps and rest at 256Kbps as I was told while getting mine converted some three months back, service tax, cess all included it comes to ~2K per month.
I keep telling myself that my time is more important and worth, much more than what they charge me for the extra speed, 4Mbps rocks anyway to bring on that stupid grin you see
I guess you are in the Impatience 1799 plan then (see the link posted above).
Old 30th June 2010, 02:20   #113
Senior - BHPian

Yup, mine is that Impatient 1399 plan. And yes, the speed is phenomenal to whatever we've seen till now. I've seen the download speed touching 512KBps (Kilo Bytes) many many times. And the 10paisa per MB is what they call Bandwidth on Demand. If you cross your limit and still want good speed for some specific time you can call them to speed it up and that'll be charged.
Old 30th June 2010, 04:12   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hi everybody, can somebody suggest me good operator and broadband connection in Bangalore. My requirement is good speed and downloading at nights.

Airtel does good job with regards to broadband in bangalore, i never had any problems with the connection, any queries will be sorted out with much care, i personally recemmond airtel. You may have to check with airtel first if they have provision to provide the connection in your area as in many areas the connections are full or in some areas their cables dont pass by.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:20   #115
BHPian

One more vote for Airtel. If you are in Bangalore, avoid Reliance and Sify ( avoid Sify anywhere infact ) . I heard Tata Indicom offers good service too .
Old 30th June 2010, 15:02   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
One more vote for Airtel. If you are in Bangalore, avoid Reliance and Sify ( avoid Sify anywhere infact ) . I heard Tata Indicom offers good service too .
Tata Indicom's Payment gateway was horrible when I shifted 2 years back.
(Not sure how is it now)

PLUS if you missed the payment they used to cut the connection and one had to travel some far off location to set it right once again.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:14   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I found this while googling - Airtel breaks the speed barrier -Doubles speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost-
Apparently, you have a choice with the Impatience plan - I can either get 256 Kbps after the FUP limit, or pay 10 paise per MB to above the FUP limit and continue getting the 4 Mbps.
I guess you are in the Impatience 1799 plan then (see the link posted above).
Apparently, what's mentioned in the Airtel web-site is not always available. For example, earlier this month I'd wanted to migrate from the 8 Mbps plan I was using earlier since the measly download limit meant I was continuously running broadband bills 4 to 5 times the plan's value !

I'd originally wanted to migrate to the 'Impatience-1399' plan with the 'Continuous-High-Speed' option (4 Mbps with 25 GB FUP). But, I was informed that, that plan, with that option, was not available according to their 'latest update'. I had to choose the 'Unlimited-Data-Transfer' option instead. I've attached the spreadsheet they sent me listing all the available plans:

AirTel_2010_JUN_Applicable_Plans.xls

A good thing was that they give the option of migrating mid-way through the current billing cycle itself

Last edited by im_srini : 30th June 2010 at 18:20.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:44   #118
Team-BHP Support

I confirmed with Airtel just now. The old unlimited plans did not have any FUP.
I used have the Swift 1099 plan (512 Unlimited). Then I got an SMS saying If I pay 100 Rs more, my BW would be doubled. I called up Airtel then and confirmed this (some 6-7 months back). At that time they did not mention anything about FUP.
(At least Airtel customer support brings to our notics all the corners cases of the plan!)

Then I changed to this one. Currently I have the 1Mbps unlimited with no FUP limits. I plan to continue on that. Never felt the need to have higher rates than this though.

Although I dont see 40-50 G downloads happening at my end, but still dont want to have an FUP attached.

But I am surprised that folks have reported 130-150G downloads happening on a monthly basis! Thats quite a number!

Last edited by ampere : 30th June 2010 at 19:46.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:25   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But I am surprised that folks have reported 130-150G downloads happening on a monthly basis! Thats quite a number!
1080P HD documentaries and movies are easily 5GB to 12GB each and I'd be more than happy to have a 5mbps 400Gb connection like I used to enjoy abroad.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:28   #120
BHPian

Do not know about other cities, for Bangalore, Airtel is the way to go. I have been with BSNL and Tata earlier and would suggest Airtel if available in your locality anyday.
BSNL is good as long as it worked, Indicom is good if it worked.. that was 2 years back, never considered anything else after switching to Airtel.
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks