Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 23:12   #166
BHPian

re: Suggestions for printers

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Has anyone tried getting a CISS setup here with better results?
My Canon on CISS from day one. Absolutely no difference between stock ink and CISS ink. I think the results what you mentioned is due to a bad setup or a ink quality issue.
Old 17th June 2013, 23:21   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

But has your cartridge gone empty and CISS ink is being used? I have kind of made up my mind on the Canon. Main thing is it is networked which is a boon. Only thing is I have to convince myself as well as my dad about the CISS setup. In case he uses it in my absence and it does not work flawlessly, I will have it big time. Refilling cartridge is another option but once we decide to break the normal way of replacing cartridges, CISS or refill, both are the same.
Any other model offering network printing? Which is the cheapest model in HP with a wired or wireless network option?
Old 17th June 2013, 23:53   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Any other model offering network printing? Which is the cheapest model in HP with a wired or wireless network option?
I also have a canon 3170 on which I've installed the same CISS kit as bejoy. Mixed experience so far - colors look a bit off (need to get photo paper to check)

You can always get any USB only printer and connect it to a WiFi router which has a USB port.
Old 20th June 2013, 22:16   #169
BHPian

Quote:
But has your cartridge gone empty and CISS ink is being used? I have kind of made up my mind on the Canon.
Yes, the stock cartridge got empty real soon, hardly lasted for around 20 photo prints. Have taken some 200 color copies after that(my daughter's activity books) so I am sure that the CISS ink is being used. Also I can see the ink levels dropping from the CISS tank. Good thing is that the printer does not stop printing, though the status says that the cartridge is empty.
Old 20th June 2013, 22:27   #170
BHPian

Epson TX121 is a good printer

You can also get Original Cartridges for cheap.
Old 20th June 2013, 22:29   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

It lasted for just 20 prints? Thats quite a guzzler out there Anyways I will meet my regular supplier and discuss with him too on what I should sacrifice, networking capablity + duplex or low cost cartridges.

EDIT: @Supercars, thats a nice offering from Epson. But what advantage does it offer over the HP Dj2515? Print quality? How is reliablity?

Last edited by audioholic : 20th June 2013 at 22:44.
Old 24th June 2013, 19:43   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Was out of town for a while and my dad saw this HP DJ1050 in a Hypermarket, and got it straight to the house. Have mixed feelings about the decision he made as I was looking at the print advantage versions 2515 and the newly launched 3515 which was just the one needed. However this one seems to be solving the purpose now. Havent tried printing photos but however other prints are good, if not excellent compared to laser quality. The issue being cartridges which cost slightly higher. Am planning to refill black and replace the colour cartridge. After taking a few prints, the black cartridge was already around 10% empty. I took around 5 printouts with full black text and images.

Which is the best ink brand for refills? Any pointers?
Old 4th July 2013, 14:16   #173
BHPian

Bought the Canon PIXMA MX457 for 7k. Also ordered the Splashjet CISS kit.

CISS Installation pics and review here

http://www.thinkcept.com/blog/hardwa...-installation/
Old 4th July 2013, 14:56   #174
BANNED

I am going in for a low end Samsung Laser + Scanner with wireless + a low end Pixma
Old 4th July 2013, 18:51   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Any users of "HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515" here? I was shortlisting a basic all-in-one and this came up. There is another model "HP Deskjet 1050" which is cheaper than 2515.

I wanted to know if there are any significant advantages of 2515 over 1050?
Old 4th July 2013, 19:11   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any users of "HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515" here? I was shortlisting a basic all-in-one and this came up. There is another model "HP Deskjet 1050" which is cheaper than 2515.

The ink is much cheaper. Around 450 a piece which is awesome.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:43   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My dad got one recently when I was out of station and I have written about it. Functionally it is the same as far as I know but the cartridges are much expensive, ie cost per page is higher. Thats the only grouse. If you are open to refilling, then it wont be an issue but initially I was considering replacing the cartridges. Now I have switched to refilling. Refilling will bring down costs like anything.

Scanner and copier are pretty clear. Only thing I dont like is that the scanner makes excess noise which I am not okay with.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:55   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
The ink is much cheaper. Around 450 a piece which is awesome.
Quote:
My dad got one recently when I was out of station and I have written about it. Functionally it is the same as far as I know but the cartridges are much expensive, ie cost per page is higher. Thats the only grouse. If you are open to refilling, then it wont be an issue but initially I was considering replacing the cartridges. Now I have switched to refilling. Refilling will bring down costs like anything.

Scanner and copier are pretty clear. Only thing I dont like is that the scanner makes excess noise which I am not okay with.
Thanks guys.

audioholic, ya, I read your review about the 1050 and hence considering it. How much do the cartridges cost for 1050 btw?
Old 4th July 2013, 20:52   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.

audioholic, ya, I read your review about the 1050 and hence considering it. How much do the cartridges cost for 1050 btw?
Black costs Rs. 450 and colour Rs. 675 both MRP. That is for the small cartridge which gives a yield of 100 pages colour and black. Hence the cost per page is high compared to the ink advantage ones which state a yield of 450 pages black. Now that I am refilling it, I think cost will come down drastically as the Ink costs 100 rupees for 100ml, which comes to Rs. 5 per refill. Yes I am serious. Just that the printhead must last for at least around 500 pages. So per page black, it will come to Re. 1.
Old 8th July 2013, 19:25   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend recommended 3515 instead of the 2515. Difference is ~600 odd. 3515 offers wireless printing capabilities. Reading reviews of this right now, anyone using this particular model?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks