Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2013, 14:17   #211
BANNED

Any members using the epson l series ink tank system printers ? How's the feedback ?

I'm considering the L355 with wireless printing.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:30   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Suggestions for printers

The current HP802 cartridges crossed the 350 page mark. Have been topping up the ink once in a while for the black cartridge(which has been used mostly) and topped up the colour cartridge twice till date. Print quality has not deteriorated and only problem is that a fraction of the black cartridge is clogged and have not been able to clear it. Hence fast draft mode results in missing lines. Normal mode is ok. Due to some craft work for dussera the printer has been working non stop.

Thanks to my modem I am able to use the printer over network. Guess I will replace black cartridge after the 450 page mark which means printing cost is just CHEAP
Old 21st November 2013, 10:19   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Well due to a spike in usage, with both my father and me using the printer, we took a lot of prints which took the total page count to ~600. That's total paisa vasool for me. Well one may think I am stingy or so. But frankly, when the cartridge can last long why should I not refill it and throw it away? I had been topping up the black ink every 50 pages or so. Now I have used about 40ml of ink from the can.

The printing quality is AS GOOD as new. My father was initially against refilling but when he couldnt make out the difference he was impressed as well. It just shows how greedy HP was when they filled in puny quantities of ink and wanted people to spill money on cartridges. Sometime back the nozzles was around 10-20% clogged but that problem disappeared by itself. Refilling is quick and easy.

The only important tip is that we should never let the cartridge run out of ink. Instead, we should top it up once in a while which will prevent any gaps in the flow of ink. My friend had let the cartridges go dry and refilling them took time and also the cartridge had to be pressurised in order to bring the ink to the nozzles. For this he put tissues on the top of the cartridges and gently blew air with his mouth for sometime. Slowly ink appeared out of the nozzles and the cartridge started working as usual.
Old 21st November 2013, 15:46   #214
BHPian

Any suggestions for a cheap and best printer ? . Will be needing Print scan copy (all in one ) Used HP deskjet f370 for a good 6 years . I do scan a lot of documents . My parents have started using the printer so will be printing a lot of pages.

The current printer has stopped working , it refuses print but scans documents perfectly.
Old 16th January 2014, 22:43   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

I took up the experiment of seeing how long the cartridges last if refilled. I thought of replacing the cartridges at 500 pages, but it didnt happen. That number kept on improving since the cartridge never showed any signs of needing replacement. Here is a scan of the latest diagnostic page along with a patch of each colour, C, CM, M, MY, Y, YC printed in fast draft quality. In normal quality, the colours are more noise free and in best quality its as good as a photo print. No difference in quality as far as I have observed. The cartridge is still clog free and I need to top it once every 50 pages(Black). Colour cartridge has been topped up thrice or so till date. Guess I will voluntarily replace my cartridge at around 1100 pagess.

Suggestions for printers-thumb.jpg

Last edited by audioholic : 16th January 2014 at 22:44.
Old 11th May 2014, 10:12   #216
BHPian

Does anyone here have experience with the Ricoh sp 100 laser printer?

http://m.shopclues.com/ricoh-aficio-...warranty..html
Old 21st June 2014, 10:10   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Canon PIXMA E510 - Got this printer before 3weeks from Chroma stores for about 5300/- for my home purpose. Its easy to use with the software installed on laptop. The print, copy and scan functions works perfectly. Installed the software came along with the box on my Windows 7 laptop. It took 1GB space to install everything on the CD. It is actually very noisy while starting of the printer and during the printing as well. Printed a color as well as B&W. Scan is smooth. Scanned few old color photos and my passport. Several options to scan eg.pdf, jpg. etc.The software allows to merge several pages in to single PDF as well. Several options to setup the quality of the scan.
So far happy about this product barring the noise. I still have to wait for the consumpiton of catridges.
Hello,

I also am thinking of going for pixma e510.

What is your long term impression?

Thanks.
Old 21st June 2014, 11:17   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Any members using the epson l series ink tank system printers ? How's the feedback ?

I'm considering the L355 with wireless printing.
Hello,

Did you finally buy that epson ink tank printer?

How does the ink tank system work?

What is the printing cost?

Thanks.
Old 21st June 2014, 11:55   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello,

Thanks.
I bought the Epson L210 a few months back. Looking back i couldn't have managed without it as the kids holiday homework required many color printouts and this printer was a real help. I can hardly notice any drop in ink level in the tanks, hence i am guessing it will go on for a pretty long time.
The other plus is the one touch copy and scan.

Overall this is a good option when you need color prints and the cost effectiveness of a laser. Its like the motorbike ad 'Fill it, shut it, forget it'
Old 21st June 2014, 16:34   #220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello,

Thanks.
no not yet. but will buy the L355 soon. I would like the wireless functionality.
Old 21st June 2014, 22:46   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Put the Black cartridges of my HP deskjet to its best use and got 1550 pages out of it. Now I replaced the cartridge with a new cartridge and intend to do another 1500 page run with it. The black cartridges ran good even in the end. Since the colour cartridge was damaged I replaced both cartridges since I was more than satisfied with the current output. So totally around Rs. 1200 for 1550 odd pages of mixed type. Total paisa vasool :P
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:15   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Canon PIXMA E510 - Got this printer before 3weeks from Chroma stores ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
no not yet. but will buy the L355 soon. I would like the wireless functionality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
I bought the Epson L210 ...
Friends,

Purchased Canon PIXMA E510 from Reliance Digital for 4990/- today.

Installation was a cakewalk.

No wifi, of course.

So far so good.

Next report after some usage.
Old 28th June 2014, 12:22   #223
BHPian

@skdking how is ownership experience ?
Old 30th June 2014, 08:22   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
@skdking how is ownership experience ?
Usage still not much.

User interface is well designed and one can set the preferances with ease.
Old 30th June 2014, 18:07   #225
Senior - BHPian

I picked up a Ricoh Aficio SP100SU Laser printer deom Amazon. Its an AIO which has print, scan and copy functions for 5550 shipped. Got the printer in under a week!

The basic printer-only models are very cheap; 2300rs with an extra toner packet at ShopClues. Its a bargain considering the quality of print outs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks