Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2021, 16:53   #406
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for printers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Hi Guys,
Looking to buy a colour inktank printer within 12-13k
After doing some research, reading tons of reviews online, finally bought Canon G3060 through Flipkart for 15.4k. This is a brand new 2021 model launched in Feb, still not available in offline stores. Infact, they haven't even heard of this model yet. Canon has launched a new redesigned series comprising of G3020, G3060 etc.
Had initially decided on G3010, but realised it doesn't have Mac support so dropped it as I plan to buy a MacBook in the future. The shopkeepers at SP road kept pushing G3010/ 3012 though. G3000 is also a good option though it is now a 6 year old model.
Anyways, the setup and all was pretty seamless and quick, didn't have to use to USB cable yet. Printed few documents from the laptop in both colour and black. The output is quick and crisp.
Printed a 4x6 photo on semi glossy photo paper, from the phone and liked the output . It prints out a photo in less than a minute (haven't timed it though)
Sharing a sample of the output, photo shot using my phone (Samsung S7) and directly printed without any editing except cropping. Plan to printout more photos shot using my DSLR later
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for printers-20210316_163213.jpg  

Grease_Monkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:06   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I had the same set of requirements and I purchased the HP419 sometime around July this year.
Eddy - How's this printer going? Do you print enough regularly to keep this trouble free? Any Apple compatibility issues?

I am currently torn up between the HP419 and the Epson 3152 for home use.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:22   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Eddy - How's this printer going? Do you print enough regularly to keep this trouble free? Any Apple compatibility issues?

I am currently torn up between the HP419 and the Epson 3152 for home use.
Very happy with the purchase. I print about 10-15 pages a month. Haven't tried with an iPhone yet though.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 20:56   #409
BHPian

Looking a printer for home use for a budget <Rs 5000. Maximum prints will be 10 Nos per month. Request Bhpns to recommend a suitable printer.
Old 25th May 2021, 21:41   #410
BHPian

I bought a Canon E510 printer on Jul 2020 for Rs 6350 and now I find the price has been increased in Amazon as it retails for around Rs 6885. It is okay for my black and white prints. I tried few colour prints and they are average. A big 'no' for photo prints. I find the paint tank lasts longer when compared to other entry level printers. I wish I bought a WiFi enabled printer.

Issues faced:
Recently I faced an issue with the printer which was unable to pick up or feed the paper. I have manually cleaned the paper pull mechanism and it is all good.

I will definitely recommend this printer to anyone who is looking for domestic 'light' black & white and occasional colour prints at this price range.

Suggestions for printers-canon-e510.png

Last edited by amvj : 25th May 2021 at 21:45.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 21:53   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Looking a printer for home use for a budget <Rs 5000. Maximum prints will be 10 Nos per month. Request Bhpns to recommend a suitable printer.
Whatever printer you choose, make sure that it has wi-fi feature and prints double sides automatically, which are really useful.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 13:35   #412
BHPian

Guys, can anyone using a wireless printer help me out?
I am looking for a printer which can printed on remotely?
Like, would it be possible for me to print something at work while sitting at home?
I have heard of the eprints and cloud based printing that's come out recently but no idea about the application.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 15th June 2021, 15:31   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
Like, would it be possible for me to print something at work while sitting at home?
I have heard of the eprints and cloud based printing that's come out recently but no idea about the application.

Thank you!
I believe this is what you may be referring to - HP ePrint. Seems like you can just send an email to your printer's email address with the documents to be printed added as attachments.

I have never used this - but it sounds neat.

I am sure there are similar services offered by Canon and others. The downside is that the printer needs to be always on and if someone gets to know the email address they can probably spam you from an anonymous email address.
Old 20th June 2021, 07:44   #414
BHPian

I have purchased a Canon G3000 from Amazon and have tried to set up wireless printing unsuccessfully!
I am able to print through USB through my MacBook Pro but unable to set up wireless printing through the same MacBook and through iPhone.
What am I doing wrong?
Could someone help please!
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:38   #415
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic but related.

Given the partial lockdown situation - how are people buying Paper for Printers? Last November I had ordered JK Copier Paper over Amazon but today when I checked all seem to come with additional shipping charges and the Prime ones seem to already have added the shipping costs in the price shown.

Are there any good online options for buying Printing paper online or is this better bought from an offline store? Also, if offline is the way, any good recommendations for Bangalore would be useful.
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:54   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Are there any good online options for buying Printing paper online or is this better bought from an offline store? Also, if offline is the way, any good recommendations for Bangalore would be useful.
I buy from a physical store. My fav is Purohit in HSR BDA. Prices are better than most other places. I use either 80 or 100 gsm paper mostly. 80gsm costs 310 I think and 100 gsm (executive bond) around 350 (per ream)
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 11:11   #417
BANNED

Does anyone has any feedback on Epson L4160 vs Brother DCP-T820DW w.r.t. ink durability, reliability. I am looking for a duplex inktank color printer. If there are any other better options in similar price range, would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:13   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Does anyone has any feedback on Epson L4160 vs Brother DCP-T820DW w.r.t. ink durability, reliability. I am looking for a duplex inktank color printer. If there are any other better options in similar price range, would be highly appreciated.Thanks
I was able to secure a Brother DCP-T820DW in July for our home use. This printer is so popular that it lists out on website and in 1-2 days goes out of stock. I spent 3 months watching just out of stock boards everywhere.

While the stores quoted me anywhere between 18.5 to 20k, I could secure the printer from Flipkart for 17,399. Using it for over a month now and performance is great.

It is easy to set up its wireless capability. Mobile app Brother iPrint&Scan works exceptionally well. Scan to PDF option is useful and it can be done using Mobile alone.

I liked the duplex feature which is not available at this price point in HP, Epson and Canon printers. What I didn't like is the colour quality and I think Canon, Epson are better in that area because I have seen Canon and Epson photo prints.

If you are planning to use it for home or office, go for it. Not so good for professional photographers and digital media content creators.
Old 16th August 2021, 12:18   #419
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you!
I would suggest using a VPN (Virtual Private Network). This will help your mobile and printer to use the same IP subnet and printer will be visible to your mobile app, just like it is visible on home wi-fi.

This is possible in brother printer as the app scans the IP subnet and finds the printer on same subnet. I have not tried it for other printers.
Old 16th August 2021, 14:27   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
Seems like you can just send an email to your printer's email address with the documents to be printed added as attachments.
Yes, HP ePrint service is what they call with HP. I have this feature in my HP Smart Tank 530 series and works fine. It comes with a default email address which you could customize and change it to whatever you want.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks