Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 10:37   #451
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for printers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
Hello folks,

I'm also in the fray for a multi-function printer for my home/small office purpose. My basic requirements are:
- Multi-function capability (print, copy, scan)
- ADF (Automatic document feeder)
- Duplex scanning
- Wireless connectivity for commands
- B&W/ Color doesn't matter much

Kindly suggest.

Best wishes
The hp laserjet Pro series may be what you are looking for. Options like duplex scanning usually don't come with home products. Also, since you are saying you don't care about color, you could look at HP laserjet Pro series. I don't know if the pro series comes with inktank models as well, but as far as I know they don't. So laserjet seems to be good bet here.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 17:47   #452
Senior - BHPian

We have HP 1213nf LaserJet MFP.

Recently facing the problem of Scan App on Windows 10 64 bit OS on Dell 3567 Laptop.

When I click on Scan button after running "Scan To" App, nothing happens (Neither Scanning starts nor any Error pops up).

I was using the Printer through Ethernet initially. But after above problem, installed the printer through USB but no use.

The Printing works without problem.
Even if I click on Scan button after running "Scan To" App without connecting the printer, there is no Error. Might be the Scan To App is getting terminated on its own after clicking Start button.

Please help.
Old 25th January 2023, 18:06   #453
BHPian

I am a total noob when it comes to printers. So need suggestions from the experts here.
We recently welcomed our daughter into this world and we love to click a lot of pictures.
I realized, we should keep some of them as physical copies too apart from having them all in the google cloud storage.
I am looking for a printer at a reasonable price that can print pictures that we click on our phones in a reasonably good quality and at the same time can also be used to print the usual A4 pages when needed. Is there such a printer? or are the printers that print pictures are different? I realize that the paper for pictures would be different but can we have same printer do both the jobs? Also, what should our budget be for this requirement?
Old 26th January 2023, 00:26   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
..or are the printers that print pictures are different? I realize that the paper for pictures would be different but can we have same printer do both the jobs? Also, what should our budget be for this requirement?
There are printers exclusively for photo printing with high resolution, used in studios etc.

But there are also printers that can be used for printing normal papers and also print photos with reasonably good quality. They can take photo paper of various sizes like 6X4"..etc.

Check on this model, it can do both and I am personally using it.

HP Ink Tank 530.

This one also has automatic document feeder. There are also printers that do not have ADF feature and hence will be cheaper.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 11:43   #455
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
The hp laserjet Pro series may be what you are looking for. Options like duplex scanning usually don't come with home products. Also, since you are saying you don't care about color, you could look at HP laserjet Pro series. I don't know if the pro series comes with inktank models as well, but as far as I know they don't. So laserjet seems to be good bet here.
Many thanks for your suggestion. I'm evaluating HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 All-in-One*Printer and Canon Maxify MB5470.

Both have inkjet technology but the price difference is significant.
Old 30th January 2023, 12:06   #456
BHPian

I use Canon Pixma E4570 as has print/scan/copy with ADF and double side printing.
The cartridges are also not expensive and print quality is great.

https://in.canon/en/consumer/pixma-e4570/product
Old 30th January 2023, 12:14   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
I am a total noob when it comes to printers. So need suggestions from the experts here.
We recently welcomed our daughter into this world and we love to click a lot of pictures.
I realized, we should keep some of them as physical copies too apart from having them all in the google cloud storage.
I am looking for a printer at a reasonable price that can print pictures that we click on our phones in a reasonably good quality and at the same time can also be used to print the usual A4 pages when needed. Is there such a printer? or are the printers that print pictures are different? I realize that the paper for pictures would be different but can we have same printer do both the jobs? Also, what should our budget be for this requirement?

Quoting myself from the following thread:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ollection.html (How do you Organize/Transfer/Backup your digital photo collection?)

( Post #14 )

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5441764 (How do you Organize/Transfer/Backup your digital photo collection?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
I do a reasonable number of photo prints at home as part of my work, I don't know about this particular printer other than that here goes:-

1. People in my field only prefer 2 brands Epson followed by Canon.
2. Don't buy cartridge printer, buy ink tank printer.
3. I use Epson L3210, so does most of my friends in my field.
4. My previous printer was HP Ink Tank 319, lasted a full 3 years before colour head got damaged, part was unavailable and would have cost Rs. 4000. Hence bought the Epson.
5. For ink tank printer you can buy ink bottles and just pour to fill the tank. Ink is not too expensive.
6. Photo paper is easily available online or in stationary stores in multiple forms.
7. You can take print regular ( Passport size??) type pictures also, I don't go to studios for these now, I have the soft copy of my photo taken by the studio, I arrange it on to an A4 size word file and print it on to an A4 size photo paper. When I need 1, I just cut one off using scissors.
8. Check local price of printer, I got mine a lot cheaper than amazon.
9. Printers recommended by me are basically slightly fancier home printers. These can be used similar as any ink jet printer with cartridge. It's more expensive to buy, but works out much cheaper in long run due to having ink tank and not cartridges.

If and when you buy a printer:-
1. Use only genuine ink as bad ink damages print head and it is an expensive repair.
2. Buy good quality photo paper if you want to keep the photos for long time, in my experience some photo paper degrade over time.
3. Select settings correctly for the paper - Gloss, Matte etc., photo paper instead of regular A4 paper etc.
4. The higher the GSM photo paper you use, the shorter will be the life of printer - as per service personnel - although this will come into action only if you are taking 100s of sheets in a month. Even then you will get multiple years from a printer.

Last edited by The Mechanic : 30th January 2023 at 12:17.
The Mechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 09:16   #458
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
Many thanks for your suggestion. I'm evaluating HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 All-in-One*Printer and Canon Maxify MB5470.

Both have inkjet technology but the price difference is significant.
Update: I've bought Canon Maxify MB5470 last week. Everything looks good at the moment.
Old 20th February 2023, 12:21   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting myself from the following thread
Looking to replace my ink jet with ink tank printer. My usage is just document printing at home both colour and monochrome. Budget is 15K. I have finalized the below one. I have read few posts which are positive about Canon Pixma printers here. Any feedback about this series will be helpful and how easy it is to get replacement original ink bottle?

Canon PIXMA G3020 NV All-in-One Wi-Fi Ink Tank Colour Printer (Navy Blue) https://amzn.eu/d/fKj8hOu
Old 20th February 2023, 16:03   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Looking to replace my ink jet with ink tank printer. My usage is just document printing at home both colour and monochrome. Budget is 15K. I have finalized the below one. I have read few posts which are positive about Canon Pixma printers here. Any feedback about this series will be helpful and how easy it is to get replacement original ink bottle?

Canon PIXMA G3020 NV All-in-One Wi-Fi Ink Tank Colour Printer (Navy Blue) https://amzn.eu/d/fKj8hOu
No experience with this particular printer model, but never heard anything bad about Epson or Canon Ink Tank Printers.

For document and photo printing at home any ink tank printer will work.

Replacement ink bottles are available on amazon (Check for reliable seller) and in most retail stores. If you are worried about ink availability locally, walk into local retailers and see the stock on display. In my area I have seen Epson and Canon series inks are always available.

But note that you have to use the same series of ink as the one that is specified for the printer. Ink from different manufacturer or even ink from different series of same manufacturer cannot be used interchangeably.

Also take care filling ink, some bottles have universal top for all colors so it is possible to put one ink color from bottle in another ink color’s tank. But for some manufacturers bottles have unique top for each ink bottle and it can only be used to pour ink into specific color’s tank.

In these pictures GT series is from my HP Ink Tank 319 – these have similar bottle top for all colors.

The 003 bottles (Each 65ml) are from my EPSON L3210, these have unique top for each bottle.

The Epson printer’s box "says" you will get 4500 black and white pages per bottle.

From my experience with HP Ink Tank 319, that 170 ml bottle in picture is now empty but the tank on printer (80ml) is now full, so I have spent 90ml so far. If I may make a wild guess, I have taken over 3000 pages of black - white print and reasonable of number photo prints with than 90ml.

Avoid HP printers at all cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for printers-img_20230220_145150.jpg  

Suggestions for printers-img_20230220_145355.jpg  

Suggestions for printers-img_20230220_150340.jpg  

The Mechanic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 14:08   #461
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking to buy a printer to replace our aging Canon Multi Function Printer MX-517 (repeated paper feeder issues and ink cartridges are expensive). This is for general purpose home and school print-scan-copy jobs.

Please share first hand feedback on Brother inkjet (Ink Tank) printers. Would prefer a model that has low cost ink refills and supports wireless printing.

Help me choose between the following models:
Brother DCP-T420W, DCP-T520W, DCP-T525W

Comparison of these 3 models
Old 12th April 2023, 11:06   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

This one also has automatic document feeder. There are also printers that do not have ADF feature and hence will be cheaper.
Quote:
Quoting myself from the following thread:-

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Will most likely buy one this weekend. Will update the thread soon about the new purchase.
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:47   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looking to buy a printer to replace our aging Canon Multi Function Printer MX-517 (repeated paper feeder issues and ink cartridges are expensive). This is for general purpose home and school print-scan-copy jobs.

Please share first hand feedback on Brother inkjet (Ink Tank) printers. Would prefer a model that has low cost ink refills and supports wireless printing.

Help me choose between the following models:
Brother DCP-T420W, DCP-T520W, DCP-T525W

Comparison of these 3 models
Did you buy the printer? How is the performance?
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:17   #464
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Did you buy the printer? How is the performance?
No, haven't progressed much on the purchase decision but most likely will decide in a week or so.

Please refer the more recent update from today here (Home Printer - Where Cartridge does not dry out soon)

Read the subsequent responses as well, I think I will most likely get the Brother DCP-T520W.
Old 25th September 2023, 14:30   #465
BHPian

Should i go for ink tank or laser for very minimal use. This may not be used for months. Actually for my usage, shelling >10k bucks for laser seems high compared to 3-4k for inkjet, but i am aware of the cartridge cartel. But still, the usage will be very minimal. Should i go for laser?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks