Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2021, 20:05   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Any reason you didn't buy from amazon - it retails for around 12.5 plus additional card discounts.

Actually im a little apprehensive about buying electronics online unless absolutely necessary. In this case, I had a bad experience already by trying to buy the AirPods from a fellow apartment society resident for 10k and then realising that one AirPod wouldnt connect at all. So I didnt want to take a chance. And most of all, it was actually a gift for my wife, and for sure I didnt want bad luck the 2nd time around.
Old 3rd May 2021, 12:18   #197
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

The Jabra Elite65T is available at a discounted price of Rs 2999. Its not the latest model, but a solid deal at this price.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Caffeinated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 12:29   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

So Amazon has these at a stealaway price of 5990 INR. With additional 10% discount if you purchase them with an ICICI or Kotak Credit or Debit card. Total prices ~5500 inr

Amazon Link

The deal is even better if you buy it directly from Samsung India website as the discount is a clear 1000 off making the final price at ~4990 inr.

https://www.samsung.com/in/audio-sou...m-r175nzkainu/

I can vouch for these - they work flawlessly for music and/or calls for a good 10+ hours battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Finally the itch won! And I got myself a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus

Initial Review

- These are great for taking calls. Voice clarity on either sides is great, even when the call was taken outdoors with full-on Mumbai traffic in the background. A far far cry from my Jabra 65T which used to turn out feeble even inside the house.

- Sound quality is fantastic, however I find my Jabra 65T slightly better, mainly because of it being more bass-heavy (which I like). There are quite a few setting options via the Galaxy Buds+ app so one can choose to customize it accordingly.

- The comfort level is decent however I found my Jabra much more comfortable when worn for more than 2+ hours. I still need to try out the other eartips to see if this gets better but I feel it's the slightly larger size of the Galaxy Buds+ that is the issue.

- The proclaimed battery life (of one cycle) is 11 hours - I'm yet to go below 70%. A similar usage on my Jabras would have drained it by now.

- Only IPX2 which is quite sad considering these are premium offerings. Ah well, atleast I still have the IP55 rating on the older buds for now.
Old 4th May 2021, 21:52   #199
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, need your help. Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes..

I have Bose Sport Earbuds and want to pair to my laptop for office calls (MS Teams) and listening to music as well. However, the catch is - per office security policy, Bluetooth cannot be enabled on the laptop.
So how do I pair / connect the Bose earbuds to the laptop?

Have tried to look at certain Bluetooth adapters but not sure on the how & the what of it. Any recommendations on purchasing the adapter suggestions if that's the right way to go about it? Also, have any of you used this setup with your laptop?
Old 13th May 2021, 19:43   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Suggestions on a good true wireless ANC in ear set up? I think the Airpods Pro are the gold standard. I don't mind them but i have a pixel and will not make the move to the iPhone's.

But if the Airpods are where the true listening is, then maybe i will wait for the 3's to launch and get them at the ginormous cost they will tend to retail at.
Old 13th May 2021, 20:16   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
...per office security policy, Bluetooth cannot be enabled on the laptop...
If your employer owns the device - or even if it's a BYOD you enrolled for office access with - and they say you can't do a specific thing with it, then it's best NOT to do it.

P.S. Do check with the IT folks if it's a blanket 'no BT for anything' or 'no BT file transfers' policy. If former, you grin and bear it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th May 2021 at 20:18.
Old 14th May 2021, 09:38   #202
Senior - BHPian

Asking all experts for an wireless Head set with built in mic to be paired with Laptop being used by my son for his online classes. Till now my son refused to have anything on ear and used to attend the online classes with speakers on, finally agreed to use headsets. He is averse to the buds type and prefers the over the ears headset.

Any VFM buy out there?
Old 14th May 2021, 10:22   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Asking all experts for an wireless Head set with built in mic to be paired with Laptop being used by my son for his online classes. Till now my son refused to have anything on ear and used to attend the online classes with speakers on, finally agreed to use headsets. He is averse to the buds type and prefers the over the ears headset.

Any VFM buy out there?
Boats airdopes are pretty good. I have been using them for the past year and got them for a very reasonable price or around 1800 rupees when a sale was on. Sound quality is very good, and in ear fit is good as well. All the goodness of the overpriced airpods at a fraction of the price. Perfect for every day use. Compact charging pod as well, for easy carry in one's pocket.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 11:01   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Any VFM buy out there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Boats airdopes are pretty good. I have been using them for the past year and got them for a very reasonable price or around 1800 rupees when a sale was on. Sound quality is very good, and in ear fit is good as well. All the goodness of the overpriced airpods at a fraction of the price. Perfect for every day use. Compact charging pod as well, for easy carry in one's pocket.
Arindam, I think his son wants only over the head type. I assume the brand that you are talking about is in-ear as you are comparing them with airpods.

I recently tried out a brand called Hammer Bash for my daughter. Costed around 2200 Rs. My daughter is very happy with it, so maybe have a look at that.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 15:00   #205
BHPian

I have been looking for a bluetooth headphones under 4k. Now confused between the realme buds wireless pro and the buds air 2.

The latter one is a newer product with newer chip with low latency in gaming mode and slightly improved noise cancellation. And the wireless pro has switchable function which I think is not available in any headphones in this price range. Since I have two devices a switching option is always better.

But the buds air 2 being a newer product costs 700 bucks cheaper than the neck band.

Can someone please help me decide which one to go for?
Old 26th July 2021, 14:01   #206
Senior - BHPian

Need some help with selecting bluetooth earbuds under 3000INR.

Oneplus Buds Z or Boat 441 pro or Jabra Elite 65T?

I know the jabra one is old but looking at 2799 price tag it caught my eye. Boat 441pro comes at 2499 and Oneplus is 2699. Any other ones to look for? Need to purchase it today.

Usage : Office calls(teams), phone calls, youtube/music playback.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th July 2021 at 14:28.
Old 26th July 2021, 14:31   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

I know the jabra one is old but looking at 2799 price tag it caught my eye. Boat 441pro comes at 2499 and Oneplus is 2699. Any other ones to look for? Need to purchase it today.

Usage : Office calls(teams), phone calls, Youtube/music playback.

Thanks in advance
Jabra is slightly larger in size and if it do not matter to you, I recommend that for all the requirements you listed. I bought mine last year sale and happy with it till now.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 16:22   #208
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Usage : Office calls(teams), phone calls, Youtube/music playback.

Thanks in advance
This is not a direct answer but more of an advice.

The Jabra is an old product and will have some misses compared to the newer ones. Also as per some reviews, it is not very comfortable to wear and has some connection issues as well. Maybe, just maybe, other than being old, these issues are what makes Jabra price them so low. Also, it has physical controls for music which are not as easy or intuitive to control as touchpads on the others though the positive is that you do not get any false touches. Also, when you operate these physical buttons, the buds actually go slightly deeper inside your ears which is not a great feeling.

I don't have much idea about the OnePlus but I will reject it on the basis of the design itself since I dislike the Airpod inspired design. It does have the brand value over the Boat though.

Check out the Boat Airdopes 501. It has been launched today and if we go purely by specs, going for 441 doesn't make sense since the 501 offers ANC and some other benefits. Other similar product with ANC is the Realme Buds Q2. All of them are available for 2499.

Between the 501 and Q2, the Q2 has an advantage of the Realme link app which will help you in tweaking it to your liking while the Boat doesn't have any such app. It is also an established model. So neutrally speaking, the Q2 does have an advantage but I'll prefer the 501 as I tend to avoid Chinese brands.

BTW, go for the 441 Pro only if you are fine with carrying an additional Nokia 3310 in your pocket. Yes, it is that bulky. The Pro makes sense only if you travel a lot and that 150 hours backup is something which you really need. My father returned it last week due to its bulkiness.

P.S.- The Galaxy Buds + are now available for 5k. It is an excellent product and actually competes with the Jabra Elite 75t. This is what I coerced my father to get who was also earlier looking at the Boats and the Jabra 65t.

Last edited by AYP : 26th July 2021 at 16:25.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 17:26   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Jabra is slightly larger in size and if it do not matter to you, I recommend that for all the requirements you listed. I bought mine last year sale and happy with it till now.
Thanks for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
This is not a direct answer but more of an advice.

Check out the Boat Airdopes 501...
Thanks for the detailed post. Yeah looks like BOAT case is too huge and 441pro doesn't have ANC. 501 is not available on Amazon or flipkart currently. I checked out Boat airdopes 621 as well and looks like its a copy of 441pro sans the digital charge display on case.

I was just trying to bag some Amazon Prime day deal. But now am more confused. Good call quality is absolute mandatory and from the reviews I read on the three looks like OnePlus would be the best compromise. Samsung galaxy buds plus is 5999/- on amazon which is way out of my budget. For proper usage I anyways will get airpods once I upgrade my iPhone next year , so don't want to spend anything more than 3K this time around.

Appreciate if someone owning OnePlus buds Z can share some experience?

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th July 2021 at 17:28.
Old 26th July 2021, 17:59   #210
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked out Boat airdopes 621 as well and looks like its a copy of 441pro sans the digital charge display on case.
Please avoid. Before ordering the 441 pro, my dad ordered the 621 twice and both the times, the headphone case had a broken hinge. In fact if you see the picture of both the 441 pro and the 621, the case of the 621 does look more fragile but I didn't expect the quality to be so bad. Also, it has 90% of the 441 pro's bulk.

It seems like the prime day deal has ended on the buds plus.

I would then suggest the Realme Q2. Of course, the OnePlus is there as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks