Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 09:04   #241
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Hello BHPians, need advise on choosing a pair of headphones for my brother. I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but nevertheless, quoting my post on the "The Headphones thread" in this thread-

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post

Currently using-
He currently uses an year old JBL Tune 700BT which has to be replaced thanks to some degraded earpads(can't replace them as they don't appear to be magnetic) and the wire given in box has gone kaput (Can't find any 2.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable online/is too expensive).

Requirements-
1) Decent sound quality.
2) Wired+Wireless.
3) Over-ears type earcups.
4) Good battery life.
5) Not looking at earpods, headphones only.
6) Good mic.

Budget-
₹7k max. Can stretch a little bit (~₹1k) if the product is impressive.

Options considered-
1) Sennheiser HD350BT
2) Sony WH-CH710N
3) JBL Tune 750BTNC

My take on the options-
1) Sennheiser HD350BT-
Headphones with good sound quality and battery life. The reviews about it seem to be mixed and average in nature. Is it worth it?

2) Sony WH-CH710N-
The most expensive option considered only because I currently use a pair of WH-XB900N which I have found to be amazing. Though I don't expect it to be as good as my pair, it still has some big shoes to fill. The reviews for this too seems average. Is it worth taking the plunge?

3) JBL Tune 750BTNC-
The most VFM pair in the lot. Offers good features with noise canceling as an added bonus for this price point. Given the experience with the Tune 700BT, is it worth considering one from the same tribe?

All your views, feedback and ownership experiences with any of these or other products worth considering within the given budget would be of great help to me as I'm expecting this product to last for 4 years at least. Thanks in advance for all your posts!
Note to mods: Please move my post from "the headphones thread" to this thread if it deems right as this thread seems to be the more appropriate one for my post. I personally wouldn't mind seeing the post on both the threads . Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you!
Old 29th September 2021, 08:39   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
No idea which Sony earphone you were using. But, these are the ones to get right now. https://Youtu.be/-DIwlDyNsFQ
Actually I don’t have the buds type of earphones, just a simple wireless Bluetooth headphone, I think the model is Sony WBX400 or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just curious about this. If you keep the BT on your iPhone OFF, this won’t happen?
Yes, that’s an option, no doubt. I don’t have any other devices connected to my phone through Bluetooth anyway, except by Fitbit, which I don’t use on the weekdays much. And my car’s audio is wired Apple car play. So not a bad idea.
motorworks is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:46   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I am looking for some good ‘On ear’ buds. I am one of those rare souls who does not like the recent trend of ‘In ear’ silicone earphones. To me, it feels very stuffed and does not sound like a good option for continuous usage.

What would be my options? I have been using One plus buds launched last year and absolutely love them. Unfortunately One plus launched the next version with ‘In ear’ form factor. Any suggestions on what I could upgrade do?

I am definitely not an audiophile and decent sound and exceptional call quality are my primary requirements. TIA!
Bumping this post once to see if there are any suggestions.
Old 5th October 2021, 18:43   #244
Senior - BHPian

Just a query on the AirPods 2. I see a super attractive offer of around 9k in flipkart as of now. But it’s not returnable and there are many cases of one airpod working and the other not. So in that case would Apple authorised service centre handle the issue? Would it be legit to take it one?
Old 5th October 2021, 19:59   #245
Senior - BHPian

Airpod can't be serviced I was told
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just a query on the AirPods 2. I see a super attractive offer of around 9k in flipkart as of now. But it’s not returnable and there are many cases of one airpod working and the other not. So in that case would Apple authorised service centre handle the issue? Would it be legit to take it one?
Old 5th October 2021, 20:54   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I am also in the same boat as you. Tempted to purchase the Airpods as with bank offers, these will almost be available @ 8,000 /- which is effectively almost half the actual price. The reviews that i read on Flipkart are positive for both the seller as well as feedback on purchase from Flipkart.
I am in 2 minds regarding how these compare to Air pods first gen and how is the battery on single charge
Old 5th October 2021, 21:34   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Airpod can't be serviced I was told
Yes, I seem to recall reading something like this too. But my concern was would the official service centre entertain any issue with these online purchased AirPods and would a replacement be provided in case of any issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I am also in the same boat as you. Tempted to purchase the Airpods as with bank offers, these will almost be available @ 8,000 /- which is effectively almost half the actual price. The reviews that i read on Flipkart are positive for both the seller as well as feedback on purchase from Flipkart.
I am in 2 minds regarding how these compare to Air pods first gen and how is the battery on single charge

I bought the AirPods 2 for my wife 3-4 months ago and it works just fine. I recall buying it for some 14k though, from an official Apple retailer offline! I’m not really in need of one, but I badly need one for my official laptop, so I was thinking of the AirPods simply because of this offer. Else I would have been happy to just buy some other brand around the 3-5k mark. Thought the AirPods would make it versatile for my use with my iPhone later.

Last edited by motorworks : 5th October 2021 at 21:38.
Old 18th October 2021, 17:09   #248
Senior - BHPian

Got AirPods 2 paying Rs 9K on FK. The Spigen Case came at Rs 1,700 extra and is the best I've seen. Coming to the product, it sits slightly loose in my ear and I feel it might drop to the ground. Sound is 'just about adequate' for calls (It's weak). Not sure if that's how Apple Airbuds are. This product is non-returnable
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Headphones-img_9369.jpg  

Old 19th October 2021, 00:01   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got AirPods 2 paying Rs 9K on FK. Coming to the product, it sits slightly loose in my ear and I feel it might drop to the ground. Sound is 'just about adequate' for calls (It's weak). Not sure if that's how Apple Airbuds are. This product is non-returnable
Ah Sebring, wish you would have popped a question here before buying this. If it’s exchangeable, get the AirPods Pro. I bought them almost two years ago (December 2019). They are superb for calls, music, uTube and even using them with Apple TV works like a charm. They fit tight/firm and three sizes of buds are supplied in the box.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:50   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Got AirPods 2 paying Rs 9K on FK. The Spigen Case came at Rs 1,700 extra and is the best I've seen. Coming to the product, it sits slightly loose in my ear and I feel it might drop to the ground. Sound is 'just about adequate' for calls (It's weak). Not sure if that's how Apple Airbuds are. This product is non-returnable
I also got the Airpods 2 paying 8K on Flipkart. I intend to use them primarily for office calls and some occasional music. My experience is slightly different from you on fit of the airpods as they fit perfectly in my ear and do not fall. of course, I don't jog or run around with them, but they offer a good fit.

I concur on the sound quality part of your observation that these airpods sound and battery life is adequate, not top of the chart. these infact sound exactly as the wired ear buds that were earlier bundled with Iphones. Maybe the new 3rd gen Airpods and the Airpod Pro would sound better or have higher volume.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 00:45   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I am looking for some good ‘On ear’ buds. I am one of those rare souls who does not like the recent trend of ‘In ear’ silicone earphones. To me, it feels very stuffed and does not sound like a good option for continuous usage.

What would be my options? I have been using One plus buds launched last year and absolutely love them. Unfortunately One plus launched the next version with ‘In ear’ form factor. Any suggestions on what I could upgrade do?
So apple launched AirPods 3 this week which gives me a reason to cheer.

Although AirPods don’t work with my office laptop. But I am pretty sure, Oneplus will come up with something similar very soon and I will be able to upgrade to it

https://www.apple.com/in/shop/produc...3rd-generation
Old 15th November 2021, 17:50   #252
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for a noise cancelling bluetooth headset which can connect to Dell/HP laptops? This is to be used for office calls only and budget is around 5-7k.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 13:19   #253
Senior - BHPian

Last night I picked up the Sony WF-1000XM4. i had no plans to buy but I was at the store to check on something, and this packaging just stood out from the rest. Its a recycled cardboard suitcase. Read all the stellar reviews and made the decision. The batter life is really good on this one, besides the stellar sound. Sony is certainly gunning for Bose in all categories
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Headphones-img_6051.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 20:51   #254
BHPian

Those of you looking for high-end TWS earphones, the Galaxy buds pro and Sony 1000XM3 are going for steal prices right now on amazon.

The galaxy buds pro can be had for 8k and the Sony ones for 9k currently. Both are stellar TWS - beating the airpods pro on some parameters as well!! Samsung ones are only android friendly while the Sony can be used on either platforms IIRC.

Attaching below the amazon links and geeky ranjit's reviews for both.

GALAXY BUDS -

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Galaxy...s%2C225&sr=8-2

SONY:

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-WF-1000XM...75&sr=8-1&th=1

Old 27th December 2021, 08:06   #255
Senior - BHPian

Please wait for XM4 to launch there. These are much superior. Form factor is also the ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Sony 1000XM3 are going for steal prices right now on amazon.

Most Viewed