Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 11:23   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
So my question is this: Will these "non-Apple" wireless earphones work seamlessly with a Macbook and with same sound quality as it has on an Android device?
No

Apple devices do not support advanced Bluetooth (Such as Apt-X https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AptX)

Fortunately, there is an easy workaround (Costs 500 to 1000 Rs). That is to get an adapter like this : https://melodymedia.in/product/cubet...nly-for-audio/

These adapters handle bluetooth communication with headphone / earbuds and present itself as USB-Audio to Mac / iPad etc. Since these support all usual BT features, I did not face any problem since using it.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 1st September 2022 at 11:23. Reason: Typo
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 11:33   #302
A M
BHPian

Quote:

Feedback from someone who's using these budget TWS earphones with an Apple computer will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
I am using Mi TWS buds with a Mac Pro. Do not have any complaints at all. Works seamlessly with good sound quality and mic performance.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 14:32   #303
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in the market for wireless earphones in the budget <5k. I've shortlisted the usual suspects such as Oneplus buds z, the Realme ones, and Oppo Encos and the likes.
Been using Jabra 65t for the last 3 years. They still give great back up. And sound crystal clear. Also been using them for daily walks. You can get a new editions under 5k.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 15:32   #304
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Been using Jabra 65t for the last 3 years. They still give great back up. And sound crystal clear. Also been using them for daily walks. You can get a new editions under 5k.
Whats your review on mic quality. I am currently using Airpods 2 with my laptop and not satisfied with my sound output to others.
Old 5th September 2022, 15:39   #305
BHPian

Last year bought the KZDQ6. Decided to convert it truly wireless and hence bought the KZAZ09 Pro last Friday. Got it yesterday and WOW perfect pair! Since morning I have been on continuous zoom calls and its still at 100%! In between listening to a few recommended tracks on Spotify and it's just AWSOME!
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Headphones-kzaz09-pro.jpg  

Old 5th September 2022, 16:00   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Whats your review on mic quality. I am currently using Airpods 2 with my laptop and not satisfied with my sound output to others.
Quite nice, but an airpod user might not be fully satisfied with the quality. I’ve tried a few TWS and Neckband options in under 4K - Xiaomi, JBL, Boat and Anker; Jabra has been the best and a beast at that.
Old 4th March 2023, 14:53   #307
BHPian

Is there a Bluetooth earphone available which can be worn while wearing a helmet? One which doesn't rub against the lining and can be worn inside the balaclava.
The common ones available juts out of the ear and is painful to use in a helmet.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 15:10   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
When it comes to sound output for others including busy places, nothing beats Jabra.
Old 13th March 2023, 17:22   #309

I am using JBL Tune 760NCs, IMHO they are fantastic for the price, along with the JBL signature bass.
SpaceInfinite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 22:01   #310
Senior - BHPian

Does the following Product Genuinely give 100Hours Backup?

U & I Bluetooth Leather series with 100 hours battery backup

The Price is Too Good to be True. Rs. 499/- (MRP Rs. 2999/-) that too for 2 Devices Connectivity and 100 hours Backup. The Brand is Indian.

Is it recommended to go for it?
Old 11th May 2023, 09:13   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

I forgot my Powerbeats Pro Ear Buds in the plane when I was travelling to India.

It dawned on me only after coming back as I was too busy for 3-weeks having a good time out there.

Well, A Powerbeats Pro can be replaced only with a Powerbeats Pro.

This time got a "White" one instead of "Blue" that I had previously.

Bluetooth Headphones-img_1979.jpg

Bluetooth Headphones-img_1981.jpg

Bluetooth Headphones-img_1980.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:32   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, A Powerbeats Pro can be replaced only with a Powerbeats Pro
Mobike008, do you find these better than the AirPods Pro (if you have used them). I am on my second pair of the AirPods Pro and could consider switching if these are better. The AirPods Pro pairs seamlessly with the Apple TV so it’s great for not disturbing anyone else for late night viewing, is it the same with the Beats.

Please elaborate on the pros and cons, thank you.

Cheers
Old 11th May 2023, 18:39   #313
BHPian

Quote:

Well, A Powerbeats Pro can be replaced only with a Powerbeats Pro.
The PowerBeats 3 which I got with iPhone 7 years back still works for me although the battery life seems to have deteriorated. Wonder if there is any options in India to replace its battery.
Old 11th May 2023, 20:24   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Mobike008, do you find these better than the AirPods Pro (if you have used them). I am on my second pair of the AirPods Pro and could consider switching if these are better. The AirPods Pro pairs seamlessly with the Apple TV so it’s great for not disturbing anyone else for late night viewing, is it the same with the Beats.

Please elaborate on the pros and cons, thank you.

Cheers
Hey Cyborg. Howdy Man?

I have used AirPods for several years and find them good only if I am stationary.

My wife currently uses the AirPods Pro and she is happy with it as her lifestyle isn't as active as mine.

Sound quality- Both sound similar as they are from same company and literally have similar components including the H1 chip.

But, I like PowerBeats Pro better as its "over the ear" and fit is better, so the sound quality feels a bit more "full" compared to the AirPods Pro.

Biggest win over the AirPods Pro is its design as AirPods Pro will fall off the ears if If I move even a little faster than usual which is not the case with PowerBeats Pro.

I use it for :

- Office Calls which I normally take walking around the home.
- Walking
-Bicycling
- Gym (I rarely go but, hey its super useful unlike AirPods Pro)

For stationary usage, I have a Sony XM3 1000 which is a brilliant headphone.

Summary- If you value active lifestyle without compromising using the ear buds then this is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
The PowerBeats 3 which I got with iPhone 7 years back still works for me although the battery life seems to have deteriorated. Wonder if there is any options in India to replace its battery.
Did you try replacing the battery case? That may help in charging the buds faster.

But, buds battery life in itself may be at fag end of its life as 7-years is quite a bit. Come to think of it, where will the battery fit in bud? I don't see an option in Beats Pro as it's all tightly integrated.

I doubt even US will have battery for a 7-year old product let alone India.

Bache ke Jaan loge kya? (You have already squeezed the life out of it).

Just get a new one and enjoy the new quality all over again.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th May 2023 at 20:26.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 23:13   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, I like PowerBeats Pro better as its "over the ear" and fit is better, so the sound quality feels a bit more "full" compared to the AirPods Pro.
All good man, thanks for asking
Hope you are doing well too!

Thank you for the detailed explanation on the PowerBeats Pro. The AirPods Pro (especially the left one) just pops out of my ear too, very easily. Have dropped it multiple times but luckily it’s still working.

After this one’s natural life I shall get the Powerbeats Pro as well.

Take care and catch you around

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks