Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2020, 03:15   #91

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Looking for suggestions on Bluetooth headphones.
Here you go :

Sennheiser 4.40 BT

Or, if you want to save some money for the same model:

Same as above but renewed

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th May 2020 at 03:32. Reason: Punctuation.
5hadow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 07:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I got it for 5000 in an amazon sale without case.

I can't live without it - the audio quality is amazing and no one can figure that I am on bluetooth! For people with hoarse voices like me in client service roles, this is a godsend.

Even the original airpods was not this nice in shutting out ambient noises.
Meanwhile my voyager 5200 stopped charging and I started my research so charged upon this epic channel. Smart LIKE A PRO! it is in Hindi and English but the content effort is very thoughtful. No glossing over details - I love it how he records the audio under real world conditions. No need to guess how influencer advice translate into your experience.

This is because Amazon 4* just means decent VFM and after sales. It doesn't indicate fitness for purpose such as calling.

Last edited by phamilyman : 28th May 2020 at 08:04.
Old 28th May 2020, 08:48   #93
BHPian

My dad (technologically impaired) is currently using a borrowed Airpods Gen1.

I would like to get him a "true-wireless earphone" for his calls WITH AUTOMATIC SWITCHING.
He uses the iPhone, iPad, and Dell laptop.
Therefore, with the AirPods, it gets really difficult at times for constant switching devices.

The ideal budget is INR 5k, can be extended to 10k. He still does not want to heavily invest in this technology.
Also, does the Airpods Gen2 support Multi-device connect? I'll coax him to buy that if yes. The Airpods Pro is too expensive for such low usage!

Note: This has been copied from this post. (The Headphones Thread)

Last edited by navin : 30th May 2020 at 16:21. Reason: removed cuss word
Old 28th May 2020, 10:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to bring a 'spoon to a sword fight' but my kiddo just picked up the Boat Rockerz BT 400 Headphones. Performance is decent for Rs. 1,299 (Now, 1,599 - post lockdown hikes)
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Headphones-img_5865.jpg  

Old 28th May 2020, 10:19   #95
BANNED

Anyone here has ordered and used the OnePlus Wireless Z?

Any feedback on how they perform?
Old 28th May 2020, 11:57   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry to bring a 'spoon to a sword fight' but my kiddo just picked up the Boat Rockerz BT 400 Headphones.
No offense, but I cannot withstand Boat earphones/headphones wired or wireless. They are terribly V-shaped and just made for the bass. Terrible mids (even cracky at times!). I feel listening at full volume, can easily make me deaf in long run or cause dizziness in the short term. I always prefer a flat or balanced signature earphones over those that prioritize bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

If you are strict on budget, for ₹1999 its just decent. Basically, Z is a stripped-down no Qualcomm bells and whistles earphone that has decent quality. You get no APT-X audio codec. If you could grab hands on a bullets wireless 1 around same price, its a lot better.
vijai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 13:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

None taken, I understand your POV. It's seriously kiddy/amateur stuff, and is possibly okayish for that price, that was my point. I'm personally using B&O, with a Bose as backup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
No offense, but I cannot withstand Boat earphones/headphones wired or wireless.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 01:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Few folks have it - it is VERY decent for the price, with warp charging and noise isolation working as advertised. The mic is seemingly as good as the Wireless 2.

Doesn't work well outdoors i.e where noise cancellation is required. For those purposes you need the airpod copy TWS devices in the 5k range.

Indoors, this is the new standard to have.
Old 29th May 2020, 11:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Here you go :

Sennheiser 4.40 BT

Or, if you want to save some money for the same model:

Same as above but renewed
The 4.40 BT goes for 5-5.5k and 4.50 BT NC goes for 7.5k very frequently on Amazon sales. Wait for those deals. I got my 4.50 BTNC for 7.5k on Amazon. Sound quality, battery life is quite good. Almost 80% of the experience of a Bose QC 30. Quite impressive for the price. Comfort wise not so great for >2 hours at a time, especially if you wear spectacles.

Quote:

My brother just got it. The battery life is fantastic, the convenience of a type c charger and warp charge is great. Compatibility with a one plus phone is super. I liked how uncoupling the earbuds switches it on and connecting them turns it off. I have no idea about call and mic quality. But unfortunately, sound quality is nothing great. For the price of 2000 it's a good but basic option for wireless earphones definitely. I believe upgrading to Bullets 2 will solve the sound quality issues (currently 4.5k on one plus site). I want to get a pair too which work seamlessly with my one plus phone but will wait for the upcoming One Plus tws and take a call.

Last edited by promit : 29th May 2020 at 11:34.
Old 29th May 2020, 14:00   #100
BHPian

Quote:

Excellent for the price. I have been using it for the past 5 days and I don't think I could've bought anything better for the price. Quick Switch has become my favourite feature, and is very handy as I frequently switch between my phone and my laptop. USB Type-C port and fast charging are great to have as well, and I don't think any wireless earphones other than the Sony WI-C200 have the Type-C port under 2k INR. The fit is also perfect and comfortable.

As for audio quality, I find them good enough for casual listening at 40-50% volume. Many reviews pointed out that the bass is inadequate, but I personally did not find it to be all that bad. I just tweaked a few equaliser settings in PowerAmp and the bass levels are fine. I was using the Sennheiser CX180 wired earphones for more than a year before switching to these and I must admit that the CX180 sounds way better, at one-third the price. So, don't have very high expectations with regards to sound quality, and you'd be happy with it.
Old 30th May 2020, 15:21   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Using the same since one week. Call clarity indoors is good. Awesome battery life of 4 days. My usage is limited to 3-4 hours of calling a day and active bluetooth connection for 7-8 hours. Quick switch is great alternative to multipoint (Jabra elite are the cheapest bluetooth earphones with this feature)

Decent bass and music clarity at par with other bluetooth earphones in this price range. Sound quality over bluetooth is anyways inferior to wired counterparts due to inherent bluetooth limitations.

Would be good to know your use case to see if this fits the bill or not.
Old 30th May 2020, 15:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuri View Post
Quick switch is great alternative to multipoint (Jabra elite are the cheapest bluetooth earphones with this feature)
How does the quick switch feature work?
Also, do you experience at a second lag when pressing the volume/ play/ pause button or is it just me?

Agree with your views on the earphones.
I bought them blindly the day it came out. For 2000 rupees its a great product (feature wise).
If anyone's looking for sound and only sound, save yourself some change and buy anything between cx180-cx275.
Old 30th May 2020, 16:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
How does the quick switch feature work?
Also, do you experience at a second lag when pressing the volume/ play/ pause button or is it just me?
Connect to one bluetooth device once. Double tap the button on left side right next to ONEPLUS logo to connect to other device. Double tap this button twice to switch between two bluetooth devices(once both devices are paired, switching is seamless, takes around 2-3seconds to switch)

Music delay is there for 1-3 seconds. Workaround is to use FNATIC mode(only this mode supports low latency on wireless z) on one plus devices(at the cost of no connection on second sim in you one plus phone).Latency is inherent at this price point. Same has been observed in other bluetooth devices at this price point(boat airdopes/rockers etc)
Old 1st June 2020, 21:48   #104
BHPian

Anyone has suggestions for Non In Ear Bluetooth earphones (but not headphones). I know 2 of the options are...

JBL T205BT Pure Bass Wireless Metal Earbud Headphones with Mic (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B9G75Z9/..._BOs1EbA2ZM5SF

Samsung Original Level U Bluetooth Wireless in-Ear Headphones (Black and Sapphire) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01A31SHF0/..._6Os1EbWHRGHYG

Anyone has any experiences with any of them or have any other options?
Old 3rd June 2020, 11:08   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Looking for suggestions on Bluetooth headphones. Use case is for passive listening to music (no audiophile quality needed). Main requirement is comfort on extended usage.

There are impressive ones like Sony WH-1000XM3, but I can't sell my kidneys for it Looking for something under 10K
I have the SONY XB650BT headphones for 3 years now and I am very happy with these. The sound quality is really good with punchy base (as the name suggests extra bass) but it doesn't overshadow the vocals and mids like many cheaper bass focused earphones and headphones do nor will cause pain in the ears or headaches. Even at full volume there is no distortion and the bass vibrates the ears (You will appreciate the bass when watching movies). 30hrs+ of battery backup is very good. Go through reviews online, there lots of them. Can't say how will these fare to a audiophile's ear but I find them very enjoyable.
I have also tried the Jabra Move Bluetooth headphones at the same price point and found them to be very mediocre with poor base.

I have also noticed that the music source is also important. All of the earphones and headphones sound much better when I listen music through my smartphones (Oneplus 6T and Lenovo Vibe X3) as compared to my laptop (Dell XPS 15 9560).

At 10k budget, you can also try out the XB950B1 headphones. These have mad bass and can also be used wired if you run out of battery.
Again, none of these will impress audiophiles who look for careful balance between lows, mids and highs but for casual listeners I can recommend both the Sony brothers eyes closed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks