Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Sorry for bumping my own post.
How is the Auxus Sprinter Multipoint Bluetooth Earphones?
Should I buy Auxus Sprinter or Iball Musiflow BT40?

Please advise at the earliest.
I want to urgently buy Reliable, Inexpensive, Multipoint Bluetooth Earphones.
Old 9th August 2018, 22:52   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Digging up an old thread:

want to get a bluetooth neckband headphone (earphone ? ) for use with calls on the laptop. Office folks are moving to webex and lot of calls are on the laptop.

Question:
Do the bluetooth headphones have any issues connecting with Win-7 OS ?
( Yes, my laptop is still configured with a Win-7 image)
Old 10th August 2018, 09:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question:
Do the bluetooth headphones have any issues connecting with Win-7 OS ?...
We use a lot of Skype and WebEx in my org, and Bluetooth headphones just aren't good enough if your primary needs are call quality and a reliable connection.

Calls don't sound as good as a wired pair, and I personally faced random disconnections frequently, both on 7 and 10. There are several threads on Windows Support fora for this so it doesn't seem to be an isolated issue either.

I now use my office-supplied Plantronics wired VoIP headset with a DA40 USB adapter to swtich between deskphone and laptop. Flawless and reliable.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th August 2018 at 09:29.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:44   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
We use a lot of Skype and WebEx in my org, and Bluetooth headphones just aren't good enough if your primary needs are call quality and a reliable connection.

Calls don't sound as good as a wired pair, and I personally faced random disconnections frequently, both on 7 and 10.
Thanks, Chetan.

1) Since the connection is a close-proximity connection, I dont see why there should be a problem. Even a mobile phone can hold a stable connection over it's operating distance.

2) I would still like to try this out. Any pointers on how to make this connection work with Win 7
Old 10th August 2018, 09:59   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks, Chetan.

1) Since the connection is a close-proximity connection, I dont see why there should be a problem. Even a mobile phone can hold a stable connection over it's operating distance.

2) I would still like to try this out. Any pointers on how to make this connection work with Win 7
Before you invest in a good pair, I'd suggest you try out a Bluetooth headset (any would do) and make a few Skype/WebEx calls to test both connection stability and quality.

In Windows Device Manager, find the Bluetooth adapter and uncheck the 'Turn this device off to save power' option, which is a frequent culprit (though not the only one) for dropped connections. Also turn off any other power-saving options in your particular computer's power management app that disables/suspends peripherals after a designated idle time.
Old 29th August 2018, 00:27   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Chetan, thanks for those points, however the question I have is:

Bluetooth headphone is NOT listed here. How do I get it to show up ?

Bluetooth Headphones-audiodeviceslitst.jpg

Another option I am trying is this, but I am not able to see the option for Audio Input / Output
Bluetooth Headphones-audioinputoutput.jpg
Old 29th August 2018, 08:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Digging up an old thread:

want to get a bluetooth neckband headphone (earphone ? ) for use with calls on the laptop. Office folks are moving to webex and lot of calls are on the laptop.

Question:
Do the bluetooth headphones have any issues connecting with Win-7 OS ?
( Yes, my laptop is still configured with a Win-7 image)
My onshore team uses this headphones with win 10 and I've used recently on my visit to onshore site and it works really well. It has a separate case which you charge and keep it to charge the headphone. It is bit costly but I felt it is worth the price for the quality it provides.

https://www.amazon.in/Plantronics-Vo...5-74dce862e36c
Old 29th August 2018, 08:47   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
My onshore team uses this headphones with win 10 ...
Thanks, but the problem currently is that the list of playback devices does not include Bluetooth. If this can be done, then I can go to the next step.

Btw, I have been using Plantronics BT with my phone for many years now. All my phone calls are on BT
Old 29th August 2018, 10:53   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bluetooth headphone is NOT listed here. How do I get it to show up ?
Right click on the default playback device in the screen you posted, and check if your headphones are listed under either disabled or disconnected devices. If yes and the option to enable/connect is available, try that.
Old 29th August 2018, 11:09   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Right click on the default playback device in the screen you posted, and check if your headphones are listed under either disabled or disconnected devices. If yes and the option to enable/connect is available, try that.
Chetan, yes - done that. It's not there. Already using that option of showing disabled devices. I installed new Realtek drivers, but no go. I tried to install another BT driver, but laptop says I am not authorized to install ( looks like some privilges are blocked on our windows image).

I am wondering if a USB Bluetooth adapter will help here. Or would this also need additional permissions the system to allow audio signals to the BT dongle

Last edited by condor : 29th August 2018 at 11:11.
Old 29th August 2018, 11:41   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.... I tried to install another BT driver, but laptop says I am not authorized to install...
It increasingly appears to be a driver issue, and if you can't sideload stuff due to admin restrictions, a peripheral adapter/dongle is the most practical solution.

Quote:
would this also need additional permissions the system to allow audio signals to the BT dongle
Your only potential issue is if your OS image specifically restricts audio streaming somehow, else a generic adapter like you linked above should work with minimal intervention once installed.

P.S. Have you tried completely uninstalling your onboard BT adapter in Device Manager and let it setup from scratch? Sometimes a good old reboot solves Windows issues.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th August 2018 at 11:43.
Old 30th August 2018, 09:41   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Chetan, I tried to uninstall / re-install the drivers on the T450. I uninstalled both the BT and the OEM Audio drivers. On rebooting, the following drivers got auto-installed. Note that both the A2DP and Handsfree are installed

Bluetooth Headphones-drivers.jpg

For comparison between the T450 where it does not work, and the E460 where it works, the listing in Device Manager:

Bluetooth Headphones-drivers-installedjpg.jpg

The T450 currently shows the following Playback devices. Also, I am not able to get the 2nd one to work ( it is not disabled). The status remains same even though the BT headset is connected and services allow for streaming.

Bluetooth Headphones-playback-win7.jpg

E460 - Win 10, OEM image
T450 - Win 7, office image
Old 30th August 2018, 13:59   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I opened the properties page of the BT headset and double-clicked on the two services ( "Listen to Music" and "Forward VOIP calls to Handsfree".

The service tries to connect to the BT, and I get a pop-up asking for permission. But connection does not happen.

And the status reflects as below:

Bluetooth Headphones-btplayback.jpg

( This problem is on Win 7 only)
Old 30th August 2018, 15:16   #44
Team-BHP Support

One more thing I can think of. If you try using Skype or WebEx for a VoIP call, does this headset show up in audio configuration on the specific apps?

I've had this issue in the past, companies restricting audio streaming to VoIP apps only, and disabling it otherwise. My headset would work on Skype/WebEx, but won't work for music on that specific Win 7 laptop.

Another thing to try if not done already:

In Device Manager > Bluetooth Radios > MS BT Enumerator > right-click and choose update driver software > let me pick from list of device drivers from my computer > Generic BT Adapter (if available).

A bit of research shows Win 7 has driver issues with lots of brands, and using the generic Windows BT stack instead of device-specific drivers helps resolve some conflicts.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th August 2018 at 15:26.
Old 30th August 2018, 15:29   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

A colleague tried some trouble shooting. He has similar laptop but with Win 10

Audio streaming works on BT - youtube etc.

However, Webex does not work on BT !

Quote:
P.S. In Device Manager > Bluetooth Radios > MS BT Enumerator > right-click and choose update driver software > let me pick from list of device drivers from my computer > Generic BT Adapter (if available).
Dont think I tired generic driver, but I had let it pick up the driver off the web. Will do that later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks