Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2018, 09:02   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Last night all audio from the laptop stopped and as first step, I did a reboot. I paired one of the two BT headsets afresh, and this time it actually picked up the connection. I am able to listen to youtube and other clips from the laptop. But .... Webex does not work still. Webex audio config shows the BT headset for both mic and speakers, but doesnt work. Clicking on the "Test' button shows signal being sent from the webex app, but nothing happens on the headset.

Windows audio settings are set to not allow exclusive control. ( With this setting, I am even able to hear a mix of the audio - YT and Windows Media player).

The operation is still not seamless. I need to figure out how. In some sequence of events, the audio streaming to the BT will stop and I need to restart the BT unit.

So at this moment, BT is working with my Win 7 laptop
Old 2nd September 2018, 08:50   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

And, it is finally working with webex too.

One step I am having to do is - make the BT as default ( in the playback devices ). Next, open BT devices > properties > Connect the specific service ( Music or VoIP ). This connection drops each time I set the laptop to sleep, so have to re-establish connection each time.

But it's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
We use a lot of Skype and WebEx in my org, and Bluetooth headphones just aren't good enough if your primary needs are call quality and a reliable connection.

Calls don't sound as good as a wired pair, and I personally faced random disconnections frequently, both on 7 and 10.
my colleague who also tried this, asked the participants about call quality, and was told it is clear. No drops either. He is using Win 10 on pretty much the same hardware that my laptop has.

Last edited by condor : 2nd September 2018 at 08:52.
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

My Boat bluetooth headphones stopped working couple of days back. They simply refused to power on. Though sound was coming if using a lead. Registered a complaint as they are still in warranty. Were picked up by courier next day itself. Let's see how long it takes them for a replacement.
Old 26th November 2018, 02:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Very very happy with my Plantronics Voyager 5200. Clearly better than the 2013 Voyager legend.

Impeccable call quality on 3G or in noisy cabs. Dare I say, slightly better than my Sennheiser 4.5 HD BTNC.

Doesn't have a perfectly snug fit in my ears unlike my oem HTC U11 headphones. Once you reconcile with that, you can't get over this wonder. I bought it over the AirPods simply because of doubt over their abilities for Android phones.

The talk time is 7 hours for real!

The only other irritant is the very tight USB charging port that seems like it might get damaged in daily use. No complaints otherwise. Overall a very strongly recommended device for busy folks always on calls.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th November 2018 at 18:26. Reason: Spacing fixed. Some web-browser issue.
Old 26th November 2018, 13:42   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Very very happy with my Plantronics Voyager 5200. Clearly better than the 2013 Voyager legend.
Nearly bought it too to replace my 2 Voyager Legends. But changed at the last minute to a OnePlus Wireless Bullets (i.e. hybrid Bluetooth stereo buds) for 4k. I was facing too much background noise from the other ear when wearing a mono headset :-)

First feedback is that the Bullets are VFM + stylish but fiddly to use as I am not used to the neck band concept. But the stereo earbuds really block out the background so calls are at least more audible. Microphone is also of good quality vouched by 3 separate family members.

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th November 2018 at 13:46.
Old 26th November 2018, 18:09   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My Boat bluetooth headphones stopped working couple of days back. They simply refused to power on. Though sound was coming if using a lead. Registered a complaint as they are still in warranty. Were picked up by courier next day itself. Let's see how long it takes them for a replacement.
Did you get a replacement?
Old 10th September 2019, 22:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried the Xiaomi AirDots? Xiaomi usually makes quality stuff for good prices. I need these for occasional calls and mostly for music when commuting.
Old 10th September 2019, 22:53   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone tried the Xiaomi AirDots? Xiaomi usually makes quality stuff for good prices. I need these for occasional calls and mostly for music when commuting.
I got the AirDots recently and must say it’s amazing VFM. I use it for music and it has matched the sound quality of wired earphones of similar price band.
Old 11th September 2019, 00:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I got the AirDots recently and must say it’s amazing VFM. I use it for music and it has matched the sound quality of wired earphones of similar price band.
That is good to know. I was tempted to get them and was looking for a review on our forum. Will update once I get my hands on them.
Old 11th September 2019, 00:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Did you get a replacement?
Missed this post.
Yes, I got the replacement as a brand new headphone. It's working absolutely fine till now.
Old 11th September 2019, 02:00   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
That is good to know. I was tempted to get them and was looking for a review on our forum. Will update once I get my hands on them.
I got them from Gearbest for just 17$. They seem to have run out of stock now since my cousin was also interested in buying a pair. Please let me know where you are planning to buy from and how much is the cost.
Old 11th September 2019, 19:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I got them from Gearbest for just 17$. They seem to have run out of stock now since my cousin was also interested in buying a pair. Please let me know where you are planning to buy from and how much is the cost.
I am planning to get them from AliExpress. Otherwise, spend a bit more and buy them on Ebay here. I think second option will be faster.
Old 13th November 2019, 13:19   #58
BHPian

Does anyone know what Bluetooth headphones would suit me.
Requirements:

1. I hate in-ear headphones.
2. Should not be bulky. Smaller the better.
3. Use is for watching movies on my phone.
Old 13th November 2019, 13:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
1. I hate in-ear headphones.
Why don't you try something that stays on ear with a loop, like in the link. Not suggesting the linked ones specifically but just to give you an idea.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...chweb201603_52

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2019 at 23:10. Reason: Spacing.
Old 13th November 2019, 13:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Does anyone know what Bluetooth headphones would suit me.
Requirements:
What is your budget?
Sennheiser HD 4.5BT retailing for ~INR 6k are pretty good. They aren't exactly comfy for long duration however.
Bose QC35 series is a charm and one can wear them for extended hours. Excellent noise cancellation and sound quality. They retail for ~INR 30k.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2019 at 23:10. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks