Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2008, 14:20   #2491
BANNED

hey friends anybody knows that whether there is any call recorder for sony ericsson p1i
Old 20th January 2008, 14:29   #2492
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftcrazy View Post
My budget is 20 - 25K.

I am considering P1i, W960i, E61i, N82.

Thanks.
you should go for p1i . m using it from last 4 months it is nice smartphone with no problems. sound quality is also good . it has everything you listed . only thing which i dont like in p1i is that it dont have a call recorder. you can also go for w960i ,it is costlier but its functions are similar to that of p1i only difference is that w960i has a walkman player and inbuilt 8gb memory rest is same
Old 21st January 2008, 07:01   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone the the name of the song in the Nokia Xpress Music AD??
Old 21st January 2008, 14:35   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
you should go for p1i . m using it from last 4 months it is nice smartphone with no problems. sound quality is also good . it has everything you listed . only thing which i dont like in p1i is that it dont have a call recorder. you can also go for w960i ,it is costlier but its functions are similar to that of p1i only difference is that w960i has a walkman player and inbuilt 8gb memory rest is same
After using SEP990i, the flagship SE, I would never advice anyone to buy a SE smartphone ever. This is the biggest mistake that I have ever made, a smartphone which cant even open a webpage properly.
@swiftcrazy.... Do yourself a favor, go for the Nokia E61i
Old 21st January 2008, 14:58   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
After using SEP990i, the flagship SE, I would never advice anyone to buy a SE smartphone ever. This is the biggest mistake that I have ever made, a smartphone which cant even open a webpage properly.
I am enjoying my mails and every damm web page on my p990i and had never been down for the same.. any particular feature you were looking at ?
Old 21st January 2008, 15:57   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I am enjoying my mails and every damm web page on my p990i and had never been down for the same.. any particular feature you were looking at ?
Try opening a heavy website or 2-3 website all at once... I get the dreaded "Out of memory" every time.
Besides the browser is no way near as sophisticated as on Nokia smartphones. Iphone is a different ball game altogether.
Old 21st January 2008, 16:42   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try opening a heavy website or 2-3 website all at once... I get the dreaded "Out of memory" every time.
Besides the browser is no way near as sophisticated as on Nokia smartphones. Iphone is a different ball game altogether.
Which Firmware are you on... as right now also i am on

mail.yahoo.com - old version
hotmail.com - new version

and working flawlessly, yes one need to drag the scroll bars to see the whole page.. but still it's worth the effort

Last edited by ashthedivx : 21st January 2008 at 16:44.
Old 21st January 2008, 16:50   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I got Advanced Call Manager and SMS Spam Manager along with my E51. I remember installing it two days ago.

I had to format the memory card and after which I cant see the programs or its installation ( these initially came under a folder called Installations).

How can I get these back?
jk try using "Formated Memory Stick Recovery" or "Sandisk's memory card recovery" softwares, they should help you, in case, you have used the memory stick after being formatted.

Cheers
Old 21st January 2008, 16:57   #2499
BANNED

Quote:
my dear friend i have no such problem with p1i
Old 21st January 2008, 17:39   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Which Firmware are you on... as right now also i am on

mail.yahoo.com - old version
hotmail.com - new version

and working flawlessly, yes one need to drag the scroll bars to see the whole page.. but still it's worth the effort
I am on firmware CDA 162007/2 R5A13. I suppose this is the latest version... if not can you direct me to the update website.
Old 21st January 2008, 18:26   #2501
BANNED

Quote:
I am on firmware CDA 162007/2 R5A13. I suppose this is the latest version... if not can you direct me to the update website.
you can update your software from sony ericsson official website
Old 21st January 2008, 21:03   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am on firmware CXC 162037 R9G007. Though not updated from long ago, as i have no complaints though

Sony Ericsson P990i Update Service - Follow the said steps

Do remember to take FULL backup before any updates, Do PM me if any further support is required

Cheers
Old 21st January 2008, 22:16   #2503
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I got Advanced Call Manager and SMS Spam Manager along with my E51. I remember installing it two days ago.

I had to format the memory card and after which I cant see the programs or its installation ( these initially came under a folder called Installations).

How can I get these back?

jk how about the CD/DVD that comes with the phone ?
Old 21st January 2008, 22:53   #2504
Team-BHP Support

jkdas: the files might have been in mem stick, nokia does this with add on software. simplest task will be to goto dealer and see if they can loan a new card just to get the installation files or else try to recover the files from earlier mentioned posts.
Old 21st January 2008, 23:04   #2505
Senior - BHPian

@jk, also try the 'download' application on the menu or in the installations folder. You generally get all the preinstalled apps and more over-the-air thru the 'download' link. Most of these apps are also available from the E51 support pages on Nokia Europe - Welcome to Nokia Europe (sorry I can't try and get the exact link -- I'm stuck with browsing on my phone onl for a few days)

Jaggu's suggestion is also a very practical and workable suggestion.

OT:
Adv. Call Manager is an excellent bit of SW. I'd bought it for my E90 from Handango 2 weeks back and I was going to post about it on the E90 thread. I'd tried one other competitor's SW but ACM blows the socks off most others with the feature set and configurability!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks