Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 13:47   #916
Team-BHP Support

Anyone here use a HP iPAQ? One of the new ones with inbuilt GPS and other such stuff?
Old 8th September 2006, 13:50   #917
Senior - BHPian

You may also notice that most problems dont necessarily arise from the use of the basic software - its usually when people try to use other applications that issues crop up. I've had quite a few first-issue units and most of them work out of the box in the way they're intended to - UNLESS IT IS A NEW WINDOWS RELEASE. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) there are tonnes of applications, peripheral devices and accessories that are available for Pocket PCs and not all of them work the first time around. This is when you get ROM upgrades which address specific problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Anyone here use a HP iPAQ? One of the new ones with inbuilt GPS and other such stuff?
Nitin does.
Old 8th September 2006, 14:47   #918
Senior - BHPian

I don't think HP Ipaq comes with built in GPS. They ship a GPS SDIO card along with the unit.

Also HP is not quick to adapt to new versions of O/S, atleast in the phone devices. They are yet to release a Windows Mobile 5 phone.
Old 8th September 2006, 16:07   #919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Guys,
Just bought the new Nokia E50 in exchange for my Nokia 6630. At the onset I can say that the phoen is simply superb. Very light,slim and easy to use like all Nokia's. The controls/keys respond very well and is packed with features. This is a must for anyone who wants a good business phone.

Viper
Congrats, pal!
How much does the Nokia E50 go for, in Mumbai?
Old 8th September 2006, 16:34   #920
BHPian

I do not know if this thread has talked about the virtues of Palm OS and the superb phone called Handspring Treo 650.

In fact it is on record that Bill Gates said that the 700W ( W = Windows ) is going to be his next phone.

That I am using the 650 is merely incidental.

Venkat
Old 8th September 2006, 16:53   #921
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha
Congrats, pal!
How much does the Nokia E50 go for, in Mumbai?
Hey,

It sells for 13.5k with bill & warranty in Mumbai.

Viper
Old 8th September 2006, 17:01   #922
BHPian

Nokia E61 short review

Hi,

I bought a Nokia E61 a fortnight ago; here's a short review of it -

1. The screen is brilliant; it has 16 million colours and adjusts brightness according to ambient light. It is clearly visible even in harsh sun-light.

2. It has an excellent browser. It renders all web pages excellently. Even the multi-frame pages comes out good.

3. Setting up POP3 accounts is very easy; I have set up a GMail account and it works flawlessly. Although I have a gripe; it delets existing mails (downloaded on my phone) while retrieving mails. I have overcome this by copying the mail I want to retain on a separate folder.

4. I am using Agile messenger for IM usage.It support MSN, Yahoo, Google, AOL and two other IMs. It is pretty good and very easy to setup.

5. It's media player is nothing short of excellent. My wife had Sony W800i and it's sound quality is much better than that. Although Nokia only packages a mono-headset with the phone; I had to buy a setero head-set for 950 bucks.

6. I am using Airtel's 499 monthly rental plan; it allows me unlimited access within the circle. Setting up GPRS was a breeze; I called up Airtel customer care to activate it; they sent me a Configuration SMS, I saved it on my phone and restarted it. And my net connection was up and running.

In all, I am pretty much happy with my phone. It would have been great if it had a camera and FM. But even without those, @22K (19K for the phone, 1K for stereo headset, 2K for 1 GB mini-SD card) I don't think any phone gives this much.

\N
Old 8th September 2006, 17:08   #923
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
Hi,

I bought a Nokia E61 a fortnight ago; here's a short review of it -

1. The screen is brilliant; it has 16 million colours and adjusts brightness according to ambient light. It is clearly visible even in harsh sun-light.

2. It has an excellent browser. It renders all web pages excellently. Even the multi-frame pages comes out good.

3. Setting up POP3 accounts is very easy; I have set up a GMail account and it works flawlessly. Although I have a gripe; it delets existing mails (downloaded on my phone) while retrieving mails. I have overcome this by copying the mail I want to retain on a separate folder.

4. I am using Agile messenger for IM usage.It support MSN, Yahoo, Google, AOL and two other IMs. It is pretty good and very easy to setup.

5. It's media player is nothing short of excellent. My wife had Sony W800i and it's sound quality is much better than that. Although Nokia only packages a mono-headset with the phone; I had to buy a setero head-set for 950 bucks.

6. I am using Airtel's 499 monthly rental plan; it allows me unlimited access within the circle. Setting up GPRS was a breeze; I called up Airtel customer care to activate it; they sent me a Configuration SMS, I saved it on my phone and restarted it. And my net connection was up and running.

In all, I am pretty much happy with my phone. It would have been great if it had a camera and FM. But even without those, @22K (19K for the phone, 1K for stereo headset, 2K for 1 GB mini-SD card) I don't think any phone gives this much.

\N

Hi,

Nice review. I was contemplating the same phone but decided for the E50 for 3 reasons in priority.

1> No camera
2> TOO wide
3> Around 6k more expensive.

Viper
Old 9th September 2006, 01:23   #924
BHPian

Hey ppl, pls suggest. Should I buy a 512 mb or 1Gb micro SD for the 6233.
I can very well manage in 512, but I've heard that 6233 doesn't get too overburdened with the 1Gb card. If thats the case, I dont mind spending more. The 512 micro SD costs Rs. 1050.
Some more info will be highly appreciated as to what cap. card to go in for.

az
Old 9th September 2006, 02:45   #925
Senior - BHPian

with space, bigger is always better. My 2gig sd is close to being full.

If you want to save money 512 will be the way to go.
Old 10th September 2006, 02:00   #926
BHPian

Have a Samsung X-640 with over 300 tel numbers in the phone. want to transfer this to my Motorola Razr V3i. have tried Mobiledit lite, and Samsung PC Studio, but while these allow me to print the phone book, cannot export it to Outlook and thereafter import into the Razr. Help me please! Any other software (free) available?
Old 11th September 2006, 15:30   #927
Team-BHP Support

Finally got the web to work on my N73. Guess how I posted this?
Old 12th September 2006, 05:07   #928
BANNED

Could someone list both, Nokia and SE flip phones that run for 10K and under?
Old 14th September 2006, 21:51   #929
BHPian

Hi members. I tried connecting my 6233 with the CA-42 data cable by selecting the serial port (though connected through the usb), but as soon as I connect the cable to the fone, theres a message 'enchancement not supported' & therefore I cannot proceed further. Nokia recommends CA-53 cable thru usb or CA 42 thru serial port. I installed the PC suite from the 6233 CD but no luck. Can anyone please help me sort out this! Thanks
Old 14th September 2006, 22:02   #930
Senior - BHPian

Autozealot, just get the CA-53 cable, it works fine with 6233.
BTW, I too bought a 6233 last week, man, it just Rocks!
But need to buy a higher storage SD card, I guess you bought one, whatz the capacity & how much did u pay?

Most Viewed