Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 20:33   #11236
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

What are the good 'audiophile' phones with around a 20k price tag?

Planning to purchase the Vivo V7+ as it seems to have a dedicated 32 bit, high fidelity audio chipset from Asahi Kasei to handle the sound duties.

Will be primarily used to pair to the car audio. Performance, camera etc should be fine as is the case with most phones at the price bracket these days.
Old 5th December 2017, 20:37   #11237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Which is a good c type usb cable to get from amazon? There are so many out there... It hurts my head.
Try the one from AmazonBasics. Got one couple of months ago.
Old 5th December 2017, 20:38   #11238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Get 'Anker' or 'Aukey' ones. These are quite reliable and very popular with bhpians.

PS - You will get them cheaper on AliExpress, if you can wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
Try the one from AmazonBasics. Got one couple of months ago.
Thanks guys. Decided to get on gearbest and see what they have. Just ordered this off them.

https://gearbest.app.link/hd1h25KeDI
Old 5th December 2017, 21:02   #11239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What are the good 'audiophile' phones with around a 20k price tag?

Planning to purchase the Vivo V7+ as it seems to have a dedicated 32 bit, high fidelity audio chipset from Asahi Kasei to handle the sound duties.

Will be primarily used to pair to the car audio. Performance, camera etc should be fine as is the case with most phones at the price bracket these days.
Look for LG V20 at a slightly higher budget or imported pieces. V7+ processor is just the level of Redmi 3S, and while pairing to the car stereo I highly doubt it will matter much about the DAC, AMP in the phone. For better performance, I would suggest using USB input to the car itself and that is best done with iPhones or using Android auto/Carplay.

If you still want a great phone, V20 is the best bet. if you can find the Lenovo Vibe X3, that would be fantastic as well but its discontinued now.
Old 6th December 2017, 01:11   #11240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Look for LG V20 at a slightly higher budget or imported pieces. V7+ processor is just the level of Redmi 3S, and while pairing to the car stereo I highly doubt it will matter much about the DAC, AMP in the phone. For better performance, I would suggest using USB input to the car itself and that is best done with iPhones or using Android auto/Carplay.

If you still want a great phone, V20 is the best bet. if you can find the Lenovo Vibe X3, that would be fantastic as well but its discontinued now.
Thank you. Need the additional flexibility of the audio unit as the headunit I have has a big weakness of a 5-band graphic equalizer. And no, having used iPhones in the past - I've seen smartphones like the Vivo V5 blow it away in terms of what can be achieved.

Interesting suggestion on the LG V20. Was also checking out the LG G6, but was not sure about spending the additional money. I saw the v20 on their website and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of audiophile features it packs on a smartphone, but the MRP was showing a good 60 grand! Will check if its available cheaper elsewhere.
Old 6th December 2017, 01:16   #11241
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you. Need the additional flexibility of the audio unit as the headunit I have has a big weakness of a 5-band graphic equalizer. And no, having used iPhones in the past - I've seen smartphones like the Vivo V5 blow it away in terms of what can be achieved.

Interesting suggestion on the LG V20. Was also checking out the LG G6, but was not sure about spending the additional money. I saw the v20 on their website and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of audiophile features it packs on a smartphone, but the MRP was showing a good 60 grand! Will check if its available cheaper elsewhere.
V20 is easily available online and even in stores for 30K easily. and imported units without a warranty are only 20K.
If you want a good equaliser, I would suggest trying out powerAmp music player once. It can turn even the worst of the audio outputs and speakers combo into something that you can enjoy. You can tailor the EQ in good detail. I have the pro version and its well worth it, commonly on sale for Rs 10 on play store. Try it with your current phone if possible.
Old 6th December 2017, 08:09   #11242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I use a V20 and the audio quality is brilliant, and it even comes with B&O headphones as standard.
But if you need waterproofing and a slightly less bulky option, go with the G6.
Old 6th December 2017, 09:30   #11243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
V20 is easily available online and even in stores for 30K easily. and imported units without a warranty are only 20K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I use a V20 and the audio quality is brilliant, and it even comes with B&O headphones as standard.
Thanks guys. Mostly decided on the LG G6.

Very good reviews about the ESS Sabre HiFi Quad Dac which can drive high impedance setups as well. Wide angle cameras front and rear are interesting options to have as well.

Most of the reviews earlier in the year compare it as a flagship phone against the Galaxy S8. Even though S8 comes on top in several parameters - LG seems to have the best DAC and a good camera option. Can easily live with the small differences in chipset (Snapdragon 821 and all) as I don't use heavy apps often. G6 seems like a good deal at 33k on Amazon, whereas the other flagships like the S8 are still priced around 57k.

Quote:
If you want a good equaliser, I would suggest trying out powerAmp music player once. It can turn even the worst of the audio outputs and speakers combo into something that you can enjoy. You can tailor the EQ in good detail. I have the pro version and its well worth it, commonly on sale for Rs 10 on play store. Try it with your current phone if possible.
Using Jetaudio Plus paid version on my current phone (Oppo F1+) with a 20 band equalizer coupled with an RTA I've used for fine tuning + hours and hours of listening time to tune it to my liking. Reason for upgrade is not for the sound - but because my parents require a new phone and typical of parents - they insist I upgrade and give them mine.

And for the upgrade, again - sound is my highest priority followed by the camera. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th December 2017 at 09:31.
Old 12th December 2017, 18:23   #11244
BHPian

Guys need a slight off-topic info regarding bringing a laptop down from the US. My friend is visiting home next week and have asked him to carry a laptop for me. Unfortunately, he also has to take his work laptop with him. So, is it okay / allowed for him to carry two laptops on him? Or will that be an issue with Customs ? He was planning on stating that both the laptops are his work laptops and he has to carry them. Before buying, I just wanted to make sure this reason will work !

Edit- Sorry....posted this here....meant to post it in the laptops thread.

Last edited by AnniHilat0R : 12th December 2017 at 18:34.
Old 12th December 2017, 19:23   #11245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Mostly decided on the LG G6.

Using Jetaudio Plus paid version on my current phone (Oppo F1+) with a 20 band equalizer coupled with an RTA I've used for fine tuning + hours and hours of listening time to tune it to my liking.
I have the v20 and like you, i bought it for the DAC onboard. Waiting for the v30 now.

Just a word of advice, the DAC is used only if you play music with the stock app. The new version of Neutron apparently supports high res playback but yet to try it since it's 400 bucks.

Poweramp's last beta version is yet to support high res playback.
Old 13th December 2017, 13:51   #11246
Senior - BHPian

LG V30 launched in India today, at a price of ₹44,990. Will be made available exclusively on Amazon India, from 18 December 2017.

Wish the V30 wasn't struggling with the P-OLED screen, would have been the Android flagship to have in 2017.
Old 17th December 2017, 10:32   #11247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi,

Need to get a mobile as my wife's phone oppo F3 stopped working within warranty period, but the service centre refused to repair it saying water damage (display not working properly). This is the second time its happening with oppo/redmi.

Checking for a phone with good audio capability came across V20a. Since I did not find any reviews online, can you please let me know whether V20a comes with B&O headset. If not, can I still get a B&O headset with V20?

Thanks
girish
Old 17th December 2017, 10:58   #11248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Checking for a phone with good audio capability came across V20a. Since I did not find any reviews online, can you please let me know whether V20a comes with B&O headset. If not, can I still get a B&O headset with V20?
My V20 came with B&O earphones; its worth checking with your local dealer though.
Old 17th December 2017, 11:07   #11249
Senior - BHPian

I carried two laptops, not an issue at all. Just to be sure, carry one in Check In luggage, get it without the box and all. Which laptop BTW? Specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
My friend is visiting home next week and have asked him to carry a laptop for me.
Old 25th December 2017, 13:07   #11250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
USB charging cables hardly last 3 to 6 months for me. I need to buy a few spare ones (just the cable, not the adapter). What are some good quality ones which will last atleast for a year.
Did anyone recently buy a 'short' USB cable for car charging?
All the popular cables listed are 1 m in length, which is too long for in car use!
I have a BlueRigger cable, coiled and probable a foot long which is perfect for in car use, which I cannot find online anymore! Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks