Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2020, 11:34   #11506
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What are the recommended VFM android smartphones in the 10-15k budget range, can go up another 2-3k if needed.
Did you finally buy one? I am at a similar budget and hunting for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I strongly suggest to avoid M30.
Any idea on M30s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I bought the Samsung M30S. So far no problems.
Any update after further usage? Planning to buy this today.

Or probably M20s.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 10th May 2020 at 11:56.
Old 10th May 2020, 12:29   #11507
BANNED

Quote:
What are the recommended VFM android smartphones in the 10-15k budget range, can go up another 2-3k if needed. Looking mainly at decent battery, camera and form factor.
Very happy with my 2018 Redmi Note 5 Pro but this is for wifey and she may prefer something slightly smaller.
How is the Samsung M30 ?
I personally think redmi note 7s and 8s (pro) will be better in this range. Samsung high end phones above 20k are good but below that price i dont like samsung phones, they are slower than others in the range
aamirbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 12:55   #11508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any idea on M30s?

Any update after further usage? Planning to buy this today.

Or probably M20s.
I have been using the M30s since the last 8 months and I find it to back fantastic for the price. It hasn't given me any problems till now and receives regular software updates.

The biggest pro is the Ad-free UI and the amazing battery life. Another thing I noticed is the phone is pretty sturdy as I have dropped this thing a million times and *touchwood* nothing has happened to it.

I will suggest you to buy the M21 over the M30s as they are basically the same phone, but the M21 has a better front camera.
Pratyush2407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 21:51   #11509
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did you finally buy one? I am at a similar budget and hunting for one.
Not yet, I've decided on Note 7 Pro and ready to place the order online on the Xiaomi India website but it's out of stock currently!

*the site also does a check on the pin code to determine if delivery is possible based on current classification of zones due to the lockdown.
Old 10th May 2020, 21:55   #11510
BANNED

Quote:
Not yet, I've decided on Note 7 Pro and ready to place the order online on the Xiaomi India website but it's out of stock currently!

*the site also does a check on the pin code to determine if delivery is possible based on current classification of zones due to the lockdown.
Good decision.
The delivery at the moment is halted as only essentials are delivered that too to some places only.
Old 10th May 2020, 22:40   #11511
BHPian

Quote:

The Mi experience center in Indiranagar seemed open and had a line in front yesterday. Just in case you want to give that a shot.
Old 10th May 2020, 23:20   #11512
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
The Mi experience center in Indiranagar seemed open and had a line in front yesterday. Just in case you want to give that a shot.
In Bangalore, correct ? The erstwhile California Pizza Kitchen building on 100 feet road ?
*Asking since your team BHP profile location shows Delhi.
Old 10th May 2020, 23:49   #11513
BHPian

Quote:

I would also suggest you to have a look at the Samsung M31 as it has the latest operating system, ad-free UI and One UI of Samsung is very smooth,
Larger battery and also it being a newer product you are assured of OS updates for longer.
Old 11th May 2020, 01:26   #11514
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore, correct ? The erstwhile California Pizza Kitchen building on 100 feet road ?
*Asking since your team BHP profile location shows Delhi.
No Pizza Kitchen. This is the standalone Xiaomi store in front of what used to be Stoner on 100 feet. Before the KTM store.
Old 11th May 2020, 12:10   #11515
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are right NPV. CPK turned into Mi Experience Centre.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 14:54   #11516
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID2997 View Post
I am in search for a device that can manage my entire workflow; everything from to-do lists, reminders to social media endeavours (primarily Instagram), video quality at par with the equipment used by popular Youtube vloggers, note taking with mark-up and ability to take snippets from various sources, brain storming. I have a budget of around 1,00,000-1,10,000, is it worth it to extend my budget for a Galaxy Fold?
Any flagship phone can easily match all your requirements.
For photo and video quality comparison, I suggest you check DXOmark results.
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 11:52   #11517
RYP
BHPian

Quote:

I would strongly recommend the Realme 6 or Realme Narzo 10 or M31 or Mi A3. Note 7 Pro is an year old which means you lost out on updates for an year already, which in midrange phones is like 75% of all updates. I would personally never install any app with ad's let alone a phone with obtrusive ads on every nook and cranny. All Redmi phones are exactly that, yes it can be argued that ads can be turned off but not all, that's the catch. They are just an ad farm where all the interaction with the phone is logged in servers in China and used for ad targeting. A recent study by Forbes threw light on this long-standing conspiracy and it was indeed the case. Never buying any Xiaomi phone ever with MIUI. Read here - https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb.../#2d3880751b2a

Last edited by RYP : 12th May 2020 at 11:59.
RYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 14:39   #11518
BHPian

SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 TACTICAL EDITION SMARTPHONE

Soldiers in the field need more than just a standard smartphone, which is why Samsung built the Galaxy S20 Tactical Edition. The specs are much the same as the standard model, including a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, and triple rear camera system, but it's the software that makes the difference. DualDAR architecture delivers two layers of data encryption for top-secret level security, a special mode disables the display when wearing night-vision eye-wear, and a stealth mode disables LTE and mutes all RF broadcasts for off-grid communications. Able to interface with tactical radios and mission systems out of the box, it will launch in Q3 2020 and will exclusively for military use.

Source: https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...5507c40a18050d
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-samsungs20tactical1thumb960xauto115940.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-samsungs20tactical2thumb960xauto115941.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf s20-tactical-brochure-FINAL-pages.pdf (6.74 MB, 212 views)
embee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 12:23   #11519
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
I would strongly recommend the Realme 6 or Realme Narzo 10 or M31 or Mi A3. Note 7 Pro is an year old which means you lost out on updates for an year already, which in midrange phones is like 75% of all updates.
Both Realme 6 and Note 9 Pro aren't available online or at stores. Note 9 Pro was on sale few minutes ago on the mi website and I couldn't place the order, was getting network error message and then it went out of stock in 5 minutes
The stores say they may receive stock in about a week or so.
Old 26th May 2020, 12:42   #11520
RYP
BHPian

Quote:
Both Realme 6 and Note 9 Pro aren't available online or at stores. Note 9 Pro was on sale few minutes ago on the mi website and I couldn't place the order, was getting network error message and then it went out of stock in 5 minutes
The stores say they may receive stock in about a week or so.
Have you ever considered the Mi A3?
  • Fits the budget
  • Runs clean stock Android, no Ad's or preinstalled garbage apps
  • Great cameras
  • 18W Qualcomm QC 3.0 Fast Charging (QC Charger included in-box)
  • AMOLED Screen, though 720p
  • In-Display Fingerprint sensor
  • Superb Qualcomm SD665
  • 4000 mAh battery
RYP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks