Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2023, 15:59   #11896
BANNED

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Avoid the Moto's I would suggest. Poor battery backup and lack of software support. 7a should land in May end or June post IO event.
Which 7a are you referring to?

How is the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
If you have a laptop and some patience you can remove most of the bloatware installed in them. Once free of the bloatware it is much similar to most other custom OSs.

If you can up the budget a bit you can try the Motorola Edge 30. The G series Motos are not really worth the money.
The older Moto G's in 2015-2018 were great. Is it due to the battery issues? I don't know anyone with Motorola Edge.
Old 31st March 2023, 17:37   #11897

Looking for a phone around 30K. No heavy gaming, just OTT, day to day operations, lots of office calls.
Have shortlisted the Nothing phone 1, Iqoo neo 7, Google Pixel 6a. Please advise which is the better one.
Also the Samsung S21FE5g is available for 32K on flipkart. Is it worth considering in 2023 given its already a year old?
Old 31st March 2023, 19:08   #11898
BHPian

I need to buy one basic android phone for my mother who uses it to basically make and receive calls and check WhatsApp. I have shortlisted Redmi 9a Sport, Nokia C12 and Galaxy M04. Request feedback on them, especially if there are any negatives.
Old 1st April 2023, 22:51   #11899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Which 7a are you referring to?

How is the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite?

The older Moto G's in 2015-2018 were great. Is it due to the battery issues? I don't know anyone with Motorola Edge.
Pixel 7a obviously

Haven't heard good things about the cameras of lower end OnePlus phones. Besides general feedback is they have ruined their OS after merging with oppo OS I think.

Motorola Edge some reviews exist in this thread itself I guess. Except the first 3 versions of Moto-G which were excellent phones for the time, almost all motos have been lackluster especially with regards to camera, battery and software updates. Redmi ones are far better.
Old 1st April 2023, 22:55   #11900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
Looking for a phone around 30K. No heavy gaming, just OTT, day to day operations, lots of office calls.
Have shortlisted the Nothing phone 1, Iqoo neo 7, Google Pixel 6a. Please advise which is the better one.
Also the Samsung S21FE5g is available for 32K on flipkart. Is it worth considering in 2023 given its already a year old?
You can consider both Samsung S21FE 5G as well as Pixel 6a. Both are great for the price. Pixel 6a has some offers on FK today and can be had under 30k.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 23:06   #11901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I need to buy one basic android phone for my mother who uses it to basically make and receive calls and check WhatsApp. I have shortlisted Redmi 9a Sport, Nokia C12 and Galaxy M04. Request feedback on them, especially if there are any negatives.
You can't go wrong with Redmi ones. I have had 9 of them in all varieties and some are still going great even though outdated and no software support. Others are dead due to accidental damage.

If possible, go for 10a sport which has more memory and storage from future perspective.
Old 2nd April 2023, 16:49   #11902
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for a phone around 30K.

Samsung S21FE5g is available for 32K on flipkart. Is it worth considering in 2023 given its already a year old?
If you don't care about Android version updates then go for it. I bought the S20 FE 5G last year.

In case you are looking for something latest, check out the Samsung A34.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 17:06   #11903
Team-BHP Support

My review of Samsung S20 FE 5G in case anybody is considering the phone:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...40k-range.html (Best cameras in affordable smartphones (20 - 40k range))

I think S21 too has the same specs except the processor
SmartCat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 10:36   #11904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
My review of Samsung S20 FE 5G in case anybody is considering the phone:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...40k-range.html (Best cameras in affordable smartphones (20 - 40k range))

I think S21 too has the same specs except the processor
The proximity sensor is also different. Its virtual in S20FE and "normal" in S21FE.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:43   #11905
BHPian

Quote:
I took a contrarian bet and went for the Nothing Phone 1 for my wife and man, this one screams value! For the buck paid (<30K on FK), we get an aluminum frame, 120 Hz OLED, wireless and reverse wireless charging and stock android with some Nothing touches here and there. While the glyph interface is debatable at best, this phone offers serious value proposition in a segment where every other phone misses out on at least one or more of these features.

This had me with some serious envy as an iPhone user, given a similar spec-ed iPhone would cost over a lakh of rupees for a similar kind of experience, so much so that I am now seriously considering the Phone 2!

What remains to be seen is the continued glitch-free experience and the service support if there is a need, both of which only time will tell.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vvijay : 3rd April 2023 at 12:53.
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 13:16   #11906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
You can't go wrong with Redmi ones. I have had 9 of them in all varieties and some are still going great even though outdated and no software support. Others are dead due to accidental damage.

If possible, go for 10a sport which has more memory and storage from future perspective.
Thanks, considering my mother's use case, went with Redmi 9a Sport. Have ordered it on Amazon as the price at brick and mortar outlets was significantly higher.
Old 12th April 2023, 11:23   #11907
BHPian

Quote:
S21FE 5g is a good phone if you get it under your budget. It is functional and can get things done. I dont know about the calls though. I have heard complaints of the phone heating up while taking calls (how this one makes sense, i have no clue)

Nothing phone 1 needs a lot more updates and refining to make sense (in the budget area). It is a 20 to 25k phone right now IMHO. The only good part/gimmick is those lights.

Google Pixel 6a wont last a day with your needs. Calls itself will drain the battery

Iqoo neo 7 is a good choice, real value for money type.

If, you can claim ITC or if you have a friend who can do it for you, you can get the Oneplus 11R. It has SD 8+ gen 1 at just 40k. It will be an overkill, yes.
shresan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 08:53   #11908
BHPian

I currently had no need to buy a phone but still here I am.

I was planning a road trip and was looking at purchasing a decent camera (budget Mirrorless / entry level DSLR with kit lens) and found that most of the decent ones costed roughly about the same as a Google Pixel 7 Pro on Amazon. I have last used a my Panasonic FZ28 superzoom camera over 7 years back and don't intend to resurrect it after all these years with under a month to go for the trip. The Pixel also fits in your pocket and is always ready for a great photo unlike the other options I was considering.

I mean, its the only phone from the top 5 of the DXOMark Top Smartphone cameras that is available in India with warranty. Is it really that good? Anybody has any experience with the Pixel 7 / 7 Pro?

I mean we have 2 Pixel 6As in the family (my father and my nephew) and my nephew is absolutely in love with the results that the still camera produces but the phone lags behind in low-light videos. MKBHD agrees with this assessment. If I am to go for it, I would want to overcome the known video handicap and opt for the Pixel 7 / 7 Pro instead. Is that a good idea? Or is there any other option I could explore for for my requirements?
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:47   #11909
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I mean, its the only phone from the top 5 of the DXOMark Top Smartphone cameras that is available in India with warranty. Is it really that good? Anybody has any experience with the Pixel 7 / 7 Pro?
DXOMark is a biased website. Don't think it's reliable at all. There is a reason why the Chinese phones are at the top.

Any independent reviews, you will find S23 ultra up there, especially when it comes to zoom. Rest is personal alignment with a brand. IPhone 14 pro max quite good as well.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 11:20   #11910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
DXOMark is a biased website. Don't think it's reliable at all. There is a reason why the Chinese phones are at the top.

Any independent reviews, you will find S23 ultra up there, especially when it comes to zoom. Rest is personal alignment with a brand. IPhone 14 pro max quite good as well.
iPhone 14 Pro Max costs exactly the same as a Pixel 7 Pro + Pixel 7. Not looking to spend that much.

I am getting the P7 for roughly 50k right now on Flipkart (without exchange). Seems to be a pretty good option.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks