Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 14:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Help me in pairing my Motorala S9 with Dell studio laptop

Hi everybody,

I have a motoROKR E6 with Bluetooth headset,motorola S9 and I have a Dell Studio laptop. I need to pair my BT headset with the laptop, but it is not happening. I tried previously with the Dell Inspirion 1525 that I had, but even that did not work.
Here are some ways that i attempted but have not worked for me.
1) After adding the bluetooth devices, the device driver installer did not work and it prompted for a download of the driver from Broadcomm widcomm website. But after downloading the file, it failed to install.
2) I also found out that Bluesoleil driver works perfectly with Dell Bluetooth,therefore I downloaded the Blue soleil 6 driver for bluetooth headset.It installed, and even recognised the S9 headset and got paired with it also. But the problem is I could not figure out to route the audio to my BT headset?
3)I have read online that Toshiba has a BT software that works equally well, but that is not free, even Blue soleil is only a evaluation version for 15 days.

Need help guys, have also read that Vista has an issue with dell BT software, but there must be a way around.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:34   #2
jav
BHPian

In vista i used this method to play audio on my bluetooth headset

First pair the headset then right click the volume in the taskbar and click playback devices, now here the bluetooth headset should be shown in the list, right click and click default device. so now audio will play through bluetooth, and when you want to change back to the normal speakers just set them as default.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

What are the steps are you following to pair it up ??

Also, if it is showing paired and no sound coming from the head phones.... then I have the secret solution
Old 13th August 2009, 15:55   #4
BHPian

@ Fordmanchau - PM me the Service Tag and I can help you out.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
In vista i used this method to play audio on my bluetooth headset

First pair the headset then right click the volume in the taskbar and click playback devices, now here the bluetooth headset should be shown in the list, right click and click default device. so now audio will play through bluetooth, and when you want to change back to the normal speakers just set them as default.
Hi jav, will try this today at home and will get back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
What are the steps are you following to pair it up ??

Also, if it is showing paired and no sound coming from the head phones.... then I have the secret solution
Now, now !! ashthedivx, what is on your mind, I paired it by usinge the option of "no passkey" for the headset. Rest all is the same process like switiching on the BT devices and searching for it.
Old 13th August 2009, 17:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Now, now !! ashthedivx, what is on your mind, I paired it by usinge the option of "no passkey" for the headset. Rest all is the same process like switiching on the BT devices and searching for it.
Go through Password one, as much I remember it's "0000" once you are connected.

After getting connected go to control panel > Sounds - Click BT Headset as the default one. Here you go.. it's rocking
Old 13th August 2009, 17:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go through Password one, as much I remember it's "0000" once you are connected.

After getting connected go to control panel > Sounds - Click BT Headset as the default one. Here you go.. it's rocking
I tried through the pass key but it said that the device does not support passkey, that's why connected without passkey.One more thing: this Blue soleil software is only a evaluation version, can anyone guide to a free software that will work.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well... DELL BT has a default password which is required whenever you need to connect via bluetooth. Are you able to scan it while looking for bluetooth devices via phone/laptop ??
Old 14th August 2009, 10:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well... DELL BT has a default password which is required whenever you need to connect via bluetooth. Are you able to scan it while looking for bluetooth devices via phone/laptop ??
Hi Ashish, the BT headset already paired with the phone, so whenever I just switch on the BT in phone and power on the headset, it identifies the phone and prompts for the accepting the audio gateway to handset. select ok and its done.
The laptop does identifies it also to be a motorola S9 headset.
yesterday selected the BT audio device as default. There was no vioce from the laptop speaker but there was ain't any from the BT headset too.
Old 14th August 2009, 11:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ashish, the BT headset already paired with the phone, so whenever I just switch on the BT in phone and power on the headset, it identifies the phone and prompts for the accepting the audio gateway to handset. select ok and its done.
The laptop does identifies it also to be a motorola S9 headset.
yesterday selected the BT audio device as default. There was no vioce from the laptop speaker but there was ain't any from the BT headset too.
Good to know it's done on Phone.

For Laptop, it might sound stupid, but while playing a sound were the animation of sound was at full throttle ?? If yes, looks like you need to play with volume settings on BT and laptop.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the animation of sound was at full throttle ??
Yes the volume was set at high. and the BT headset has an independent volum control.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the volume was set at high. and the BT headset has an independent volum control.
Did you checked out Headphone properties.

> Increase Headphone volume to fullest.
> Disable any enhancements, if enables any how.

If still not able to hear anything via BT try re-connecting after diabling & re-enabling bluetooth on laptop and BT.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Ok, will try it tonight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks