Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 19:16   #1516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Are you saying that continuity works on 2010 MBP? I have early 2011 MBP and it does not seem to work. Is there anything else I need to enable? I am on IOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5c.
Same as you. Phone call are displayed in MBP by default. But unable to enable message, since handoff option isn't available under general setting.
Old 29th October 2014, 21:43   #1517
Senior - BHPian

re: iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)

Hey Jaggu, it was bought from Best Buy in the US. IIRC the same was available on amazon.com for $46.00 but my nephew was able to locate it at the afore-mentioned local store where it was cheaper and he had some coupons on top of that. He carried it over during his summer vacations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hi khoj,

Where did you order the RAM from? If you can share the details please, i think ill also go this route and get the upgrade done
Old 30th October 2014, 13:03   #1518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are you saying that continuity works on 2010 MBP? I have early 2011 MBP and it does not seem to work. Is there anything else I need to enable? I am on IOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5c.
I said it used to work on Beta of Yosemite, final release has removed the option itself from settings window. I had even answered calls etc while on Beta.

You can also check http://www.iclarified.com/44869/cont...-on-older-macs

Somehow its giving an error in my MBP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey Jaggu, it was bought from Best Buy in the US. IIRC the same was available on amazon.com for $46.00 but my nephew was able to locate it at the afore-mentioned local store where it was cheaper and he had some coupons on top of that. He carried it over during his summer vacations.
Thank you, online india prices seems to be ranging at 5-6k INR.
Old 30th October 2014, 14:08   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hey Guys,

I am still contemplating upgrading to Yosemite. Can people share their experiences with App compatibility with this new OS.

Apps that I am looking for:
Photoshop CS
Audinirvana (Audio Player)
Transmission (Torrent Downloader)
LightRoom (I think version 5, dont use it much)

Dont want to go through the pain of waiting for the compatible upgrades.

Thanks
Rachit, out of the ones you listed I only use Transmission, and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I am using a late 2011 MBP WITH YOSEMITE. This OS is so damn cool, fast and flat. And with continuity, i am now able to receive calls in my MBP. But when i tried to set up message, i am unable to do so. As per apple community, pre 2012 products are not supported for continuity and handoff. Is that true?
I have a Mid-2010 MBP and everything works fine - handoff and continuity. I can make and receive calls, I can send and receive SMS and iMessages, I can continue working on documents and Safari etc. from my iDevices to it and backwards too. Everything works fine.

Quote:
Deepakhon, my Mid-2010 MBP does all of it and flawlessly.

My machines are: a 2014 27"iMac, a Mid-2010 17" MBP, a 2006 White MacBook (the very first Intel machine to be released), 2 iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1 and an iPad2 also with iOS 8.1.

Cheers

Cheers
Old 30th October 2014, 14:14   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I have a Mid-2010 MBP and everything works fine - handoff and continuity. I can make and receive calls, I can send and receive SMS and iMessages, I can continue working on documents and Safari etc. from my iDevices to it and backwards too. Everything works fine.
How did you enable phone calls to be received on Mac. I dont find that option at all under General, recent items. Even i am not able to pair my iphone with Mac using Bluetooth.
Old 30th October 2014, 14:32   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
How did you enable phone calls to be received on Mac. I dont find that option at all under General, recent items. Even i am not able to pair my iphone with Mac using Bluetooth.
First enable Continuity (see link below):

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/24/...rking/?amp&amp

Then, make sure you are signed in to iCloud and FaceTime and Messages both on your Mac and on your iDevices. Make sure they are all the exact same account and email etc.

Make sure FaceTime and iMessage are enabled for your phone number and iCloud accounts on your iPhone. You should basically see (on your phone) that you are reachable for FaceTime and iMessage at (your phone number) and the iCloud account's email address.

On your Mac too, go into FaceTime preferences and make sure that "iPhone Cellular Calls" is enabled.

If you had never done any of these before, at some point in time I am sure the devices will give you a 6-digit code and ask you to enter that code onto the other device. Do so.

This should start everything working.

Cheers
Old 30th October 2014, 14:39   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
devices will give you a 6-digit code and ask you to enter that code onto the other device. Do so.

This should start everything working.

Cheers
This is what my Mac doesn't provide. Will start all these from scratch and let know how it goes. Thanks BTW
Old 30th October 2014, 14:45   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
This is what my Mac doesn't provide. Will start all these from scratch and let know how it goes. Thanks BTW
I forgot to mention, your phone and Mac must be on the same WiFi network.

Also, you should enable iPhone Cellular calling not just on your Mac's FaceTime prefs, but also in your iPhone's FaceTime settings.

Cheers
Old 31st October 2014, 07:46   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mention, your phone and Mac must be on the same WiFi network.

Also, you should enable iPhone Cellular calling not just on your Mac's FaceTime prefs, but also in your iPhone's FaceTime settings.

Cheers
I did all from scratch, but it seems apart from continuity rest works. Calls were previously working fine from Mac and iPhone. And today all of a sudden, when opening Messages app, i got the passcode displayed. So the messages received are now showing in both Mac and iPhone. Since I am not able to see the Handoff settings in System preferences, I am not able to continue working from where I left off at either Mac or iPhone. There were other options to disable kext and a tool which does all for you. But these come with a disclaimer and i am not ready to risk it. Will wait for the new update and hopefully, the restrictions would be removed.
Old 31st October 2014, 09:27   #1525
BHPian

dre@ms, I don't know if you're aware, but there is 90 days of free support when Apple releases a new OS. So, you can always call AppleCare and they'll help you.

Good luck and cheers
Old 31st October 2014, 16:03   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
90 days of free support when Apple releases a new OS. So, you can always call AppleCare and they'll help you.
I wasn't aware of it, let me try that. Hope they would be able to resolve it.
Old 31st October 2014, 17:17   #1527
BHPian

A brand new owner of the iMac (not the 5K one. :() It is a gorgeous gadget and Yosemite is an awesome OS.

My only issue is iMovie is not recognizing the MTS files from my Sony Camcorder. I know there are many converters available out there but is there some authentic converter that everyone on Mac uses? I am sure a lot of people must have faced this issue. What is the best solution for this?

Thank you

Regards
Venu
Old 31st October 2014, 18:03   #1528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
My only issue is iMovie is not recognizing the MTS files from my Sony Camcorder. I know there are many converters available out there but is there some authentic converter that everyone on Mac uses? I am sure a lot of people must have faced this issue. What is the best solution for this?
Try this:

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/ivi/id402279089?mt=12

Works like a charm. Just a couple of weeks back I recorded 1080p video on my camcorder and converted them to M4V through this S/W. Works well and the S.W is not that costly as well.
Old 31st October 2014, 20:54   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Try this:

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/ivi/id402279089?mt=12

Works like a charm. Just a couple of weeks back I recorded 1080p video on my camcorder and converted them to M4V through this S/W. Works well and the S.W is not that costly as well.
Thanks Ampere. Is this lossless? Were you able to edit it through iMovie once converted?

Regards
Venu
Old 31st October 2014, 22:02   #1530
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Thanks Ampere. Is this lossless? Were you able to edit it through iMovie once converted?
Its h.264 encode. It won't be loseless. I don't keep it in imovie. Since its converted and compacted its possible to move it to iTunes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks