Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 19:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
True ! But wasn't that only for a Concept called Mouse. or was it the whole GUI...

But Anyways i'm sure you get my Drift.
It was the whole GUI. Apple is just better at taking any stupid feature, adding a ton of buzzwords and eye-candy to it and advertising it like the second coming of your respective God. Do they advertise the copy-paste feature in the new iPhones or are they still polishing it before selling the feature with an updated OS version for 10USD?

And Apple fanboys think Apple innovates.
Old 13th August 2009, 19:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I just purchased the Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz 2 days back.
So when is the opening ceremony?

Put those pics saar. You stopped just with the box
Old 13th August 2009, 20:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

This thread sure gonna be a entertainer, things are already heating up. Somehow I feel the macs versus others war will be like Fiat vs other car war.
***gonna get my popcorn and watch***

BTW, only apple I have ever got is the iPod and man, it was day time robbery. Someone later told me the full form of iPod and I whole heartedly agreed with that.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 13th August 2009 at 20:11.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow. This thread is heating up. Gonna get my apples and popcorns.

I love my iPod and that is the only relationship I have with apple. iMac user interface is cool. I would like to use one and experience it, do not intend to buy one.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have a MBP and a 24" iMac at home. I got 'converted' to Mac when I after I started using MBP at work and later I bought an iMac for my home usage.

I don't use my Macs for snob value or whatever that means. I use 'em because I love the integration of h/w and s/w that Mac brings to the table. Everything works out of the box and it just works.

It is very hard to explain this to those who haven't used Mac before. Give a Mac to someone for some time and then try to exchange it back with Windows and you will have your answer
Old 13th August 2009, 20:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

All the mac goodness without the snob value and the high price.. I have an HP Compaq with triple boot - Vista, Windows7 and OSX 10.5.8.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:15   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
This thread sure gonna be a entertainer, things are already heating up.
Everybody please keep this in mind. You love Mac or you hate Mac is not really the fight here. It's a never ending fight as we all know.
Please keep this thread clean is my request. I'll be on top of it to edit/delete posts without any hesitation.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:25   #23
BHPian

Have a Fall 2008 macbook. Absolutely love the OSX interface coming from the **** called Windows. Find it difficult to adjust to Windows now at office after being used to the Mac for over a year.

Mac is the pinnacle of usability.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:36   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Everybody please keep this in mind. You love Mac or you hate Mac is not really the fight here. It's a never ending fight as we all know.
Please keep this thread clean is my request. I'll be on top of it to edit/delete posts without any hesitation.
+1

As long as the mac users stay within decent limits while writing about windows and Linux. I don't see why we cannot have a nice product discussion on Mac's.

Old 13th August 2009, 22:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

after supporting mac for over a year now(job related), there is no looking back at windows. absolutely in love with them. so very user friendly. waiting for september for them to launch x.6 before investing in one for home.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
So when is the opening ceremony?

Put those pics saar. You stopped just with the box
Haha.
Going abroad tomorrow.
Will click and post pics when i come back
Old 13th August 2009, 23:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
All the mac goodness without the snob value and the high price.. I have an HP Compaq with triple boot - Vista, Windows7 and OSX 10.5.8.
Thats the way it should be...especially when you consider the fact that you can buy almost 2 Compaqs for the price of a topend MBP.

Apple is no less evil than MS either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Haha.
Going abroad tomorrow.
Will click and post pics when i come back
Are you going to North Korea?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 13th August 2009 at 23:09.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:07   #28
BHPian

Have been using the MacBookPro for a year now and yes, there is no looking back.

The biggest benefit of Mac is that I download ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on web without thinking for even a second.

P.S.: If it wasn't a company provided one, I would have bought any other laptop and installed Ubuntu on it without thinking for even a second .

Last edited by Gandhi : 13th August 2009 at 23:09.
Old 14th August 2009, 00:05   #29
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone wondered why Apple is more stable than Windows?

Apple OS runs on Apple Hardware. Meanwhile, Windows has to run on hardware made by thousands of PC makers all over the world. Windows has to support 1000s of different combinations of system level hardware. And I am not talking about external accessories like USB devices.

I always have advanced telephony boards (often worth many lakhs) of different companies plugged into PCI/PCIe slots of my regular desktop PC while running XP/Win2003/Vista. I run compliers, debuggers, videos and music among other things (browsing/document work) on the same PC.

I always liked the looks of Apple. Always wanted to have one. Then a thought would occur, that there is not much I can do with it. It would be a waste for me.
Old 14th August 2009, 00:45   #30
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Are we talking about computers? There is only one i know of - Macintosh OS X.
Others are mere boxes for entertainment!

Well, a Mac can do everything Windows can, plus do it a lot better! No crashes, no freezes, no blue screens, no auto restarts, no viruses, no nonsense. The GUI is awesome! The features are very good. Agreed that the price is a drawback but then its worth every penny. The only disappointment i have is that there are not many Macs around in India and if there is something i need to know about (eg: a software) i have to look it up on the internet.

Now i have a query:
My Mac OS X 10.5.7 on my Apple Aluminum Macbook takes longer to load/boot as my HDD space is filling up. When the notebook was new, it took less than 10 secs to boot and now it takes 30 secs! On my 250gigs HDD i have about 175GB free now. Should i create a separate partition for my data against the one i use now (root partition on which OS is installed)? Will that help? Is there another way around this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks