Team-BHP - Liquid cooling...Need advice!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Liquid cooling...Need advice!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/64172-liquid-cooling-need-advice.html)

Hey Guys,

Recently bought a Server at home and wanted advice on what options do I have in case I want got for safe liquid cooling (preferably closed loop, to avoid any leakages) ?

I did try googling & binging, but couldn't find much information for any decent products available in India for my CPU as its a LGA 771 socket type (Except the Corsair H50 which supports LGA 775 socket, but not sure where to get one). I even tried contacting the Corsair support many times, but I always get an NDR stating their supports email ID does not exist. :Frustrati

Here's my specs,

PU : Intel Xeon Quad core 5405 (2 Ghz , 1333 FSB , 12 MB Cache)
Intel M/B : Dual socket S5000 XVN SATA
RAM : 8 GB FB DIMM Transcend 667 MHZ (32 GB Max supported lol:)
HDD: 500 GB Samsung SATA* 2
Monitor: Benq E2200 HD (21.5" Widescreen)
Graphic Card: Palit 1 GB 9500 Super +
CABINET : VIP With 600 Watts CoolerMaster SMPS
Standard wireless Logitech Mouse and keyboard
Air cooling: 1 120 mm Cooler master + 2 80 mm exhaust fans and 2 80 mm Intake fans.

Even after replacing the stock fans with the CM one's, according the Speedfan, my CPU temps do touch 68 - 70 C when I run multiple VM's in it. What worries me is the "Thermal Specification" for my CPU is 67 C, so I got to get the temp below for the reliability factor.

Also the noise the CPU fan's make it becomes unbearable for me after 1 - 2 hrs of usage, so I normally open the cabinet and make it face the AC and then I get a relief, as the then temp does goes back to 55 - 60 C.

I even tried applying Dow Corning's TC-1996 thermal paste but it didn't help much.

Any advice on how to lower my CPU temp's would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Raghu

which cooler master are you using?

have you checked ones offered by thermaltake

Don't point the AC air towards it, you will face problems of condensation.

SirAlec: I am using the 120 mm FAN which comes with the blue led...I dont think we have got much options here in India, as I guess there's only 1 model for 120mm and 80mm FAN's at lamington Road.

pranavt: Oh..k...Thx for letting me know, anyways there is some distance between AC Outlet and my cabinet and I tend to keep the AC mode in dry...so I guess it wont affect much.

Anyways guys, I did get response from Corsair support and they have said that the socket type 771 & 775 are the same, so I could use Corsair H50 on my processor, which is available at lamington road for 5600/-. So I guess I might go for it since its a closed loop cooler, so there's no way of leaking.

I also got a response from someone called Kimpreet Singh from Cool Tech- Delhi, he has sent me a brochure of their products and recommended for the z2 model (7500/-). Thought I couldn't find any reviews of their products on the Internet and also he said its 99.9% leak proof and I would have fill liquid once in 6 months....but I am still worried about 0.1%, as I have spend a lot on this monster. I have attached their catalog in case anyone wants to have a look at.

I am still searching for more products and also waiting for some experts to put in their views...

R

Try Prime ABGB at Lamington Road, they will have something...