Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 23:09   #1
BHPian

Need Help in getting a Rapidshare Account

Ok I want a rapidshare account for 3 months what does it cost and where should I purchase from? I am sceptical on using my debit card online, although i used it frequently when i was living in the UK without problems, my issue is that in Uk i had used an ATM and my card was cloned, I lost £2000, which the bank repayed me in one month, the second case was I had used a credit card to pay for fuel the attendant in the service station stole my card details and made a purchase for £200, which I also had refunded to me after a police complaint. Given the honest state of our police in India, I am far from being complacent as I am sure if such issues had happend here i would still be sweating, which is why i only use cash or cheques at this point.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Use paypal. IIRC it costs 1200-1300 INR for 3 months.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:15   #3
BHPian

You can pay by Paypal, thats safer than using your card to pay Rapidshare directly.

The cloning that happened in UK was different, for that they had a copy of your card, here there is no way they can have that as you'll be paying by paypal.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Given the honest state of our police in India, I am far from being complacent as I am sure if such issues had happend here i would still be sweating, which is why i only use cash or cheques at this point.
For the same reason, I always use HDFC virtual credit card. You can create a virtual credit card, which will get expired immediately so that nobody can use it after you make your online purchase.

Online Credit Card Payment | HDFC Bank - Virtual Credit Card, Secured Visa Credit Card, Safe Online Shopping
Old 25th August 2009, 23:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

P C Tech Official Resellers of Rapidshare. Pay from India, United States, UAE, UK, Germany & more
Adorn India - Official Rapidshare Resellers. Internet Download Manager (IDM), AVG AntiVirus, WinRAR distributors in India

Both of them resell Rapidshare accounts and accept other forms of payment. Check them out...
Old 25th August 2009, 23:23   #6
BHPian

Buy it from the Indian reseller- Adorn India - Official Rapidshare Resellers. Internet Download Manager (IDM), AVG AntiVirus, WinRAR distributors in India
I had bought a 1 month A/c via ICICI Debit Card.No problems whatsoever.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:35   #7
BHPian

I use my paypal account regularly to extend my RS account,been doing it over 2 years now. Safe and secure,at least till now.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:16   #8
BHPian

Why dont you just use Mozy - you get a 2 GB free.
There are others like adrive, xdrive offering similar capabilities.

Go for rapidshare only if you are sharing widely or requirement is more.
Old 26th August 2009, 15:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Why dont you just use Mozy - you get a 2 GB free.
There are others like adrive, xdrive offering similar capabilities.

Go for rapidshare only if you are sharing widely or requirement is more.
mostly use of rapidshare is other way round. i.e. you buy an account for unlimited download of stuff.
Old 29th August 2009, 00:46   #10
BHPian

Thanks guys, there is some good options there, I will go for the cash payment with ICICI i think as my Bombay cheques seem to cause a problem in Goa.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:06   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
For the same reason, I always use HDFC virtual credit card. You can create a virtual credit card, which will get expired immediately so that nobody can use it after you make your online purchase.

Online Credit Card Payment | HDFC Bank - Virtual Credit Card, Secured Visa Credit Card, Safe Online Shopping
^^+1
Initially I too registered my HDFC Credit Card in Paypal and did a transaction for Rapidshare. This month I faced some problems i.e. After August 1st. In order to use HDFC Credit Cards, I have to sign up for Netsafe, which I already did. But unfortunately my transaction got declined for multiple times. So contacted Paypal and they told the issues is from the Bank. Contacted HDFC and they told no problem. So, finally after a day or 2, logged into Netsafe, tried creating a VCC and used the same in Paypal. Voila!! Transaction succeeded. This is one good thing from HDFC. I do not know about others, because I do not own one

Something striked me in leaving my original card registered with Paypal. So left the VCC registered and removed the Original Credit Card

Hats off to HDFC and VCC. I am relieved now a lot.

Hope this helps to the thread starter.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:23   #12
BHPian

Ok i tried using my debit card with adorn-india would work for me, thanks to me banking with Vijaya bank Trying paypal, but i'm registered as a UK user with them and the same email id, hopefuly can do it this way...
Old 31st August 2009, 19:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Ok i tried using my debit card with adorn-india would work for me, thanks to me banking with Vijaya bank Trying paypal, but i'm registered as a UK user with them and the same email id, hopefuly can do it this way...
There is a simple solution for anyone who doesn't have a VCC or HDFC account. You can simply ask a friend who has HDFC account to make a VCC for $5 and use it on paypal to confirm the account.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks