Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2005, 19:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Attn: Software Professionals/Call center employees

I got this emailed. Just thought of sharing with you guys.

PLEASE GO THROUGH THIS...

Hi this makes a lot of sense...................just forward it to as many people in your office!!!

Don't wear ID cards out of the campus!!!!!!!!!!plz dont ignore

Most important thing is that, please keep your company ID card inside the pocket / Purse and do not show it outside people once you come out from the company premises. Otherwise it is the primary identification that you are IT Tech guy and they may follow you.

Many IT guys are going outside with their Company ID and that leads the identification of Software Engineer to the external world.

Friends,

This is to draw your attention to the increasing crime rate in Bangalore . In the recent past the crime rate has grown like mad and the targets are none other than we guys THE SOFTWARE PROFESSIONALS and CALLCENTER and.

They know that we are one who has the following valuables -MOBILE PHONES, BIKES, WATCH'S, CAR, MONEY. Believe me they don't even spare SHOES. I have had some past experiences not personally but have heard people lose things and also heard some lose their lives or become handicapped. These people were attacked when they were coming back from work or when they were traveling late at night; People with knifes, swords, guns attack in groups of 3 - 4 or may be even more .Another trick that they use is to tie GI metal strings in the middle of the roads and when some one crashes because of it they loot them .Lets us not fall into this trap .Please take precaution and make sure no one loses anything coz we work in the nights for nothing but the money and for a better tomorrow - let us make sure that we see that tomorrow.Some tips to avoid these situations--

1. Avoid using bikes in the night while coming to office and while going back from office late night.

2. Try going in groups when you have late night plans.

3. Avoid taking ladies along with you in the night.

4. Make sure you wear a helmet coz that can avoid you from a serious crash on your head.

5. Avoid using short cuts to reach home like roads without street lights and also sad and scary roads.

6. Make sure you carry all your documents when you are going out in the night coz that will avoid you taking a short cut home trying to avoid the cops.

7. Inform (clearly) your family when you are leaving home and also inform your friends where you will be and which way you are coming and as well avoid meeting people in remote places.

8. Avoid giving drops, lifts to people whom you dont know and also to people when are travelling in the nights.

9. If at all you are coming to work by bike make sure you inform your manager that you are coming by bike and the time that you will reach there so that at least your manager can keep a track of you and the time.

10. Make sure you inform the police if you any see anything unusual or people moving around suspiciously.

11. If there is a fight happening on the road please avoid it and if you see a accident help the person , then immediately leave or inform the police and make sure you did your part remove the perception that you will be in trouble if you inform the police but remember do not involve completely.

12. Avoid stopping the vehicle if people are trying to stop you avoid the route and go by another place

13. Avoid unnecessary arguments with people and especially with auto drivers and tempo drivers.

14. Scream and shout on top of your voice to draw others attention/help

15. Carry some chilli power/pepper powder or even a divider (remember yr compus box, and throw on the attacker to temporarily imobalize him. These are allowed to be carried under self defence act. If not anything just give the attacker a hard blow/ throw him off balance.

16. Finally make sure you are always at reach, keep your cell phone on and in ringer mode.

It may sound funny but take it serious I am alerting you to be safe. Please forward this mail to every body that you know, alert every one you know.
Please forward to your beloved ones....and take care of them....

--
Old 11th July 2005, 22:01   #2
BHPian

Hey nice rightup surprise, you pretty much told all the points.

There is this piece of ring road around bangalore. Between Old madras road and hebbal road. 4-5 years back, it used to be quite deserted. There were quite a lot of accidents from 2 wheelers, with serious, mostly fatal injury to the head. In all the cases the rider had slipped and had a crash. All were not wearing helments and had no pillion. No other vehicles seem to be involved.

Police assumed the same untill one of the gang member was caught. Apparently they followed two wheeler riders in an RX, with an Iron pipe. They hit them on the head from behind. Resulting in a fatal injury to the back of the head. They would loot the fallen rider.

This was the very same route, i used to take around 11:00 pm. Always wore a helment and reved the bike to the limit (empty roads were hard to come by during those days). And I did not know that such stuff happened on those roads. I was lucky I guess.

So biker guys
1. Always wear a helmet
2. Try to maintain a min of 80 kmph.
3. Use the main roads Only.
4. Try to stay with other cars/bikes.
5. Dont stop to give lifts to stangers.
6. If your bike is below 150cc, dont even try.
7. Wear a good thick jerkin/jacket. It will keep the cold out and you will appear bigger than you actually are.
8. Dont be afraid of the police, in the night they will mostly be looking for drunk riders. And wearing a helmet itself says that you are a safe rider and follow the rules.

But nothing like the "kick" of those empty night roads and the bone chilling coldwinds.
Old 11th July 2005, 22:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
2. Try to maintain a min of 80 kmph.
3. Use the main roads Only.
a minimum of 80kmph in city will cause accidents as it is....no need to get stopped by hoodlums...that too on main roads
Old 11th July 2005, 22:22   #4
BHPian

I am sorry for the mistake. I meant around 60 - 80 kmph.
Old 19th July 2005, 21:29   #5
BHPian

Hey
Hyd is pretty safe...I return quite frequently at 2-3 am in the night for the last 18 months..
Havent heard of any incident....
Old 19th July 2005, 22:04   #6
BHPian

It makes more sense...Bu then as "paharino1" said. Its safe in Mumbai too.We get pick-up and drops and for me it makes no difference as my office is 5 mins drive or 10 mins walkable distance from my place.
Old 20th July 2005, 00:16   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai may be safer but it is still risky.
It is always wise to have a friend or someone with you when you go out in the night.
Old 20th July 2005, 00:25   #8
BHPian

That is bad. Hope such things have not started in Delhi as of now. But yes all those on two wheelers should generally also take precautions.
Old 20th July 2005, 11:21   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Hey nice rightup surprise, you pretty much told all the points.
He didn't write it. This email has been circulating aorund for 2-3 months now. I have got it at least 3 months from different sources.

Apparently, Software Engineers aren't the only kind of professionals that Bangalore is attracting these days. It is said that 5000 people immigrate to Bangalore each day, half of these are white collar professionals and rest are blue collars and some black (criminals) collars too.
Old 20th July 2005, 11:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
I got this emailed. Just thought of sharing with you guys.

--

You're right samurai & has been clearly mentioned in my blog. Even I had received it many a times from different sources.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks