Old 16th January 2008, 15:24   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
how much you got that for ??????
55,000/- with bill and 1 year Sony India warranty
Old 16th January 2008, 15:40   #902
BANNED

Watch out if you are planning to take your laptop abroad or planning to get one from abroad.

It seems that the international warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. Almost all vendors state that in the event of a hardware fault repairs are only available in the country of original purchase. At best they state that the model in question should have been on sale in the country where the claim is made..

We can load the software so why these so called international warranties.
Old 17th January 2008, 15:02   #903
BHPian

Guys I'm facing problem when i try to coonect my notebook with my mobile through bluetooth mode. Infact the notebook asks for a Pass Key which i dont know and when i go the options and try to choose pass key not required, then also it is not working. It gives an error of cannot connect to the device but surprisingly i can import the files to my mobile through the notebook but if i want to export files through the mobile into the system it is not possible. Please provide help. Also i have not given any password in my mobile for the bluetooth
Old 17th January 2008, 19:52   #904
BANNED

Quote:
Guys I'm facing problem when i try to coonect my notebook with my mobile through bluetooth mode. Infact the notebook asks for a Pass Key which i dont know and when i go the options and try to choose pass key not required, then also it is not working. It gives an error of cannot connect to the device but surprisingly i can import the files to my mobile through the notebook but if i want to export files through the mobile into the system it is not possible. Please provide help. Also i have not given any password in my mobile for the bluetooth
Connect your phone to your notebook & when it asks you for passkey simply assign a paskey for Ie: 1234 & after that you're phone will ask you for the passkey enter 1234 & you're done .
Old 18th January 2008, 12:54   #905
BHPian

Thanks for the info but i tried this option also and still it is not working. Infact the mobile is asking for a password which i never assigned, this is quite funny. Infact i wanted to for reset default but fear that i would lose all the media files and messages from the phone Is there any wayout to break the bluetooth password, Dude i'm stuck up badly please help
Old 18th January 2008, 17:21   #906
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the info but i tried this option also and still it is not working. Infact the mobile is asking for a password which i never assigned, this is quite funny. Infact i wanted to for reset default but fear that i would lose all the media files and messages from the phone Is there any wayout to break the bluetooth password, Dude i'm stuck up badly please help
Double click on the BT icon in the taskbar, this should bring up your devices list, select Add Device & add your device & on your phone bluetooth menu -Search for your notebook & pair it will ask you for a code again, follow the prompts and enter the codes on both devices.
Old 28th January 2008, 11:55   #907
BHPian

Urgent!!

hey peoply, can anybody and everybody suggest a good laptop, within the price rage of 30k-35k. I dont know whether it is the right budget , but still.

The laptop will be carried everywhere so dont want somebody which is extremely heavy like nothing more than 3kgs up, good configuration, probably the latest ones. it will be a Single user laptop.

Let me know the brands and their models, so that i can alteast check if i have anybody working there so i could ask for Discounts. . have to get it picked for a friend within a Weeks Time

Thank you In advance!!
Old 28th January 2008, 13:51   #908
BHPian

Grey Market

Is there a grey market of new laptops in Mumbai/Pune? Where is it?
I was comparing prices of some laptops in India vs Dubai.
In some of the high end models there is a difference of Rs25k! The way I see it is that IF a laptop is bought in Dubai, it wouldn't have a warranty anyway (unless a International Warranty is offered direct by the manufacturer). A local dealer may even offer a shop warranty?
Old 28th January 2008, 14:07   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
hey peoply, can anybody and everybody suggest a good laptop, within the price rage of 30k-35k. I dont know whether it is the right budget , but still.

The laptop will be carried everywhere so dont want somebody which is extremely heavy like nothing more than 3kgs up, good configuration, probably the latest ones. it will be a Single user laptop.

Let me know the brands and their models, so that i can alteast check if i have anybody working there so i could ask for Discounts. . have to get it picked for a friend within a Weeks Time

Thank you In advance!!
Check out Compaq F733AU with webcam, AMD X2, 15.1 will cost 29K, V3000 series with AMD Turion X2 14.1 will cost 28K with vista pre installed. Compaq V6000 series AMD Turion X2 will cost 36 with 2GB ram and vista pre installed.

All these have Nvidia GFX card with 64 MB dedicated memory.

Other than that you can check out Acer Aspire series.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:41   #910
BHPian

Thanx abhi!! By the way just one more question... is AMD worth it... or should one buy a Pentium or may be Celeron.. i mean i am not sure how the AMD and Celeron is actually different... but if you could just help me with this.

Have taken the note...of the said Models will check with the friend which one he would like to go for....
Old 28th January 2008, 15:51   #911
Team-BHP Support

Processor is just part of the deal, the overall package(FSB speed, RAM speed, HDD performance) is what matters more.
So when you finalize a few laptops in your budget check out sites like tomshardware and notebookreview to get performance statistics.
you will find that most notebooks from different vendors in a certain price range will give similar performance(unless its a co branded thing where you pay extra for oomph factor)
Old 28th January 2008, 16:35   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Thanx abhi!! By the way just one more question... is AMD worth it... or should one buy a Pentium or may be Celeron.. i mean i am not sure how the AMD and Celeron is actually different... but if you could just help me with this.

Have taken the note...of the said Models will check with the friend which one he would like to go for....
Celeron is CRAP, even core solo and dual core are no match in front of AMD as i have used them too X2 and Turion. They come in the league of Core2Duo. I am using AMD myself and they are absolute VFM. Just get 2GB ram they are great. My AMD X2 FSB is 1600 MHZ, HDD in compaqs are western digital SATA 5400 RPM, RAM originally u get 333 MHZ but as laptops have 512 MB one should upgrade them to 1 GB atleast but 2 GB will b e good. When upgrading get a 667Mhz RAM.

My laptop with 15.4 widescreen weight just lil above 2.5KG. And your friend will be more than happy with AMD's and they will be great for daily normal usage.

The compaqs come with Nvidia Geforce and i m playing NFSMOST WANTED on full graphics @ 1024x768 just Vsync is on low other are all high detailed and it works without any lag . Pretty happy with the laptop and i play counter strike online @ 60 - 70 fps on VISTA.

Also check out Acer 4520. That laptop is also very good. Is in same league as Compaq and costs 28K.

Just a friendly advice do not go for celeron / sempron. You can get celeron for 23 - 25K but spending 3 - 4K more will be better in long run, and do upgrade ram to atleast 1GB.

Also i have told ya the series number that is V3000 and V6000. I dont remember the model numbers so be sure to check he model number as both these series have AMD and Pentium processors.

Edit: V6000 series Model number is V6608AU.

Last edited by abhibh : 28th January 2008 at 16:42.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:40   #913
BHPian

Thankx abhi... will look for good deals, will get back of which on has been finalizied.

Thanks once again
Old 3rd February 2008, 11:41   #914
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered a tablet from hp.com. I am a very basic user but decided to take a decently configured tablet (got 500$ off on 1399, so it costs me 959 with taxes).

HP Pavilion tx2000z customizable Notebook PC
  • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
  • AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-68 (2.4 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache)
  • 12.1" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display(1280 x 800) with Integrated Touch-screen
  • 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150
  • FREE Upgrade to HP Imprint Finish (Echo) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone!!
  • 802.11b/g WLAN and Bluetooth
  • 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • FREE Upgrade to LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support!!
  • No TV Tuner w/remote control
  • 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
  • Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
  • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
Old 3rd February 2008, 14:34   #915
Senior - BHPian

Just bought another laptop for 33k compaq V6000 series. Following config:

AMD Turion X2 1.8 GHZ
Nvidia GFX Card 7150
2 GB RAM 667 MHz
160 GB
Firewireport, MMC port, Expansion port, 3 usb, svideo out, inbuil mic, PCMA card support, etc etc
Wireless lan with Bluetooth
DDV writer
15.4 widescreen
Windows Vista Home

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks