Thanks, @DryIce
I have a legal copy of MS-Office. Let me check FK
Old 12th December 2014, 12:36   #4277
Senior - BHPian

re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
25k inclusive of MS Office and OS?

You can look at Lenovo models, FK is offering +2 yr warranty and 15% discount on MS Office.

As for exchange, sell the old one on Olx or to ReGlobe.
As one who has returned items to both flipkart and amazon, I would simply not trust Flipkart for following up on their return assurances. In 2 out of 2 cases, they promised 24 hours to get back (why so escapes me when compared with amazon) but when nothing happened after 72 hours, I had to give them a call. After being made to look like a crook, in 1 out of 2 cases, the return was disapproved that too for a small ticket item of 1500.

Compare this with my 100% return approval rate at amazon. Only last month, I bought a Seagate 3TB for 7100 at amazon. The disk could not be formatted even with all softwares. I placed a return request, and within 12 hours, it was picked up, and within 24 hours, the refund was in my bank. This has happened before too with amazon, even for a small ticket item of 350.
Old 19th December 2014, 00:38   #4278
BHPian

Purchased this Lenovo G50-45 model - 80E300FSIN (A8-6410 proc, 8gb, 1tb, 2gb graphics & windows 8.1) for 27112 on ebay.in (from Croma) last weekend.

Amazing laptop for its price. 8GB RAM (i think) makes it feel like a super computer. Even with windows 8.1, it feels faster than my existing 2nd Gen i5 with 4GB / win7.

At 27K, I find it to be a great deal.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:23   #4279
BHPian

Looking to buy a gaming laptop. Liked the new Razer Blade 14 but couldn't find it anywhere online in India. Also, most brick and mortar retailers don't know what a Razer Blade is
Has the 2014 version of the Blade been launched in India? The few places that have Razer products have only got the older variant.
Old 19th December 2014, 19:37   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Purchased this Lenovo G50-45 model - 80E300FSIN (A8-6410 proc, 8gb, 1tb, 2gb graphics & windows 8.1) for 27112 on ebay.in (from Croma) last weekend.

Amazing laptop for its price. 8GB RAM (i think) makes it feel like a super computer. Even with windows 8.1, it feels faster than my existing 2nd Gen i5 with 4GB / win7.

Can you also compare heat produced? That shall be of help for potential buyers.
Old 21st December 2014, 15:02   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Can you also compare heat produced? That shall be of help for potential buyers.
These new AMD processors are better. This model does not heat up
(unlike the earlier ones). The A8 heating aspect is at par (rather much lower heat) than the 2nd gen i5 I have for a relative comparison.
Old 21st December 2014, 16:08   #4282
BHPian

I have the keyboard and the LCD screen from my Thinkpad R500 lying around. I managed to sell some parts online, but these remain as I couldn't find buyers.

Where do I sell these parts apart from on the Internet?
Old 26th December 2014, 20:17   #4283
BHPian

Apologies I hope it's not too late, some work related commitments have kept e away for the last couple of months. I purchased it from Amazon. 3 months now & I find it adequate for my usage. Usually it's just basic surfing, watching videos & work related stuff (Excel/PPT) etc. No issues so far, hope it stays that way.
Old 30th December 2014, 19:37   #4284
Distinguished - BHPian

Questions to all - Does it make sense to buy a laptop with Win 8.1 or should I wait for the Win 10 launch? I am looking at a low priced laptop for browsing and the likes (NO games at all) and need decent performing laptop. If I am going for Win 8.1, should I be looking at 4 GB ram for good performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
...My old laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1520 bought in 2007 and ran well till now...
Quite a coincidence. Even I have a 2007 Inspiron 1520 and has been running fine till last week. Quite a bunch of issues happening and I am thinking of buying a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What's a good /decent laptop for everyday use ?
Regular office apps, browsing is the main usage.

Max 25k
I currently have a 5 year old Inspiron 1440 that I can exchange if possible.
Have you bought a new one? Last week, I found a model from HP in Croma. 14", Pentium Dual Core, 2 GB Ram, Win 8.1, 500 GB HDD etc for 21,000/-. Looked quite neat to me at that price. I was told that I could get upto 7K (if all components are working) for my old laptop as a buy back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
...As for exchange, sell the old one on Olx or to ReGlobe.
Is ReGlobe a website or something? Can I have more details please?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th December 2014 at 19:39.
Old 30th December 2014, 20:07   #4285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Yes, they buy old electronics. Recently I sold my old Dell Latitude laptop for Rs. 3000 which was not in proper working condition.
It's better than Olx etc. if you don't want to deal with the hassle of meeting and negotiating with a buyer but you would get a lower value for your gadget.
Old 30th December 2014, 21:54   #4286
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Yes, they buy old electronics. Recently I sold my old Dell Latitude laptop for Rs. 3000 which was not in proper working condition.
It's better than Olx etc. if you don't want to deal with the hassle of meeting and negotiating with a buyer but you would get a lower value for your gadget.
Thanks Marauder for providing the info.

I sold my old laptop to them which had a heating problem. Couldn't find buyers for it on other portals after mentioning the heating problem, and eventually got higher than what buyers were quoting after learning of the problem.

Just as an example, when I tried selling my Galaxy Nexus to them, I was offered 2500 max. Managed to sell it for 5k on Olx finally.
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:58   #4287
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I sold my close to 4 year old Sony Vaio which had numerous problems for 10K in OLX or Quikr(I am not sure as I had advertised in both). The best part was I had listed all the problems in the laptop and the buyers were cool with it (guilt free ). In case of ReGlobe I noticed the prices they offer were very low.
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:06   #4288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

The same laptop is again available now for 30K (without any coupon - use a 10% off coupon to get at 27K): http://www.ebay.in/itm/281549349867

Sharing the link in case anyone is interested in buying since it is a VFM laptop.
Old 4th January 2015, 19:49   #4289
BHPian

Hi Guys.

I have a query with laptop service. My Lenovo z580 laptop went dead couple of days back. Luckily my laptop is still under warranty and would like to get it serviced at the service center. Now my biggest doubt is, whether my data present in the hard disk is secure when the laptop is with them? How can I ensure that the technicians repairing my laptop don't access my data present in my hard drive?
Old 4th January 2015, 23:22   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
Hi Guys.

I have a query with laptop service. My Lenovo z580 laptop went dead couple of days back. Luckily my laptop is still under warranty and would like to get it serviced at the service center. Now my biggest doubt is, whether my data present in the hard disk is secure when the laptop is with them? How can I ensure that the technicians repairing my laptop don't access my data present in my hard drive?
If the data is too confidential and there is no fault in hard disk then you can probably request them to return HDD and use some other os preloaded hdd for servicing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks