Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 18:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Software Solution

Guys,

I am in a fix and need your suggestions soon,

For my website I require an application that would need to work in the following manner,

1.The user selects his item and it goes to the shopping cart.

2.The user uploads his photograph onto the site( will be a default recommended size)

3. The user is then able to view how the product looks on him/her from the front and side.

The product in question is something that's on your face.

Is a software/ application like this possible?

Any leads where I can get this done? Also, cost factor.

mods; i wanted specific answers and have created a new thread and did not want to put it in the ecom site thread.

thanks,
Old 4th November 2009, 18:53   #2
BHPian

there are a lot of freelance software guys around the net. try guru.com, even i was a freelancer once. try to post your requirement there and check the responses.

good luck.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:07   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Beejay,

You need to rework the process flow. Why would a person add a product to the shopping cart, and then see how it looks on him / her? The shopping cart must come into the picture only once the potential customer has zeroed in on the right product. Thus, customers should login -> upload photograph -> see how different products look on their face -> add to shopping cart -> payment. Why did I add login? Simply so that, once their photograph is uploaded, they can come back even 3 months later and check how your updated range of products looks on their face (photo stored on your system). Of course, you may have users register on your website only as an option.

There's plenty of ready shop softwares available. Oscommerce (freeware + open source) is very popular. Pick a reputed base software and alter as per your requirements. Get in touch with Technipolis (contact person Deepu) for your customisation. I can't recommend them enough. Really.

P.S. Guess you sell sunglasses ?
Old 5th November 2009, 11:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
there are a lot of freelance software guys around the net. try guru.com, even i was a freelancer once. try to post your requirement there and check the responses.

good luck.
There are quite a lot of them here on team bhp too. A very kind soul has linked me onto a dev/ programmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Beejay,

You need to rework the process flow. Why would a person add a product to the shopping cart, and then see how it looks on him / her? The shopping cart must come into the picture only once the potential customer has zeroed in on the right product. Thus, customers should login -> upload photograph -> see how different products look on their face -> add to shopping cart -> payment. Why did I add login? Simply so that, once their photograph is uploaded, they can come back even 3 months later and check how your updated range of products looks on their face (photo stored on your system). Of course, you may have users register on your website only as an option.

There's plenty of ready shop softwares available. Oscommerce (freeware + open source) is very popular. Pick a reputed base software and alter as per your requirements. Get in touch with Technipolis (contact person Deepu) for your customisation. I can't recommend them enough. Really.

P.S. Guess you sell sunglasses ?
The flow chart needs to be as mentioned by you and makes more sense.

The user surfs the site and selects the products which go into a basket. An option is given in the basket to try the product on. From the basket the next flow would be to the shopping cart.

Yes Sir,
Old 5th November 2009, 11:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

I would not upload a photo and do it.
Instead have a bunch of fun templates that cover all possible shapes.

Square jaw, round chin, thick eyebrows and all that.
Create a fun image of how someone thinks he/she looks like.

Then go on showing the user created image with the items of purchase.

So there is no problem with images being standard resolution/size.
Else you will have the glasses on top of the nose or on the mouth.

Plus how many folks really have passport sized mug shots on their computers.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I would not upload a photo and do it.
Instead have a bunch of fun templates that cover all possible shapes.
Square jaw, round chin, thick eyebrows and all that.
Create a fun image of how someone thinks he/she looks like.
That's a good thought too.

I can also have a template for various nose, eyes, lips types and have the person design an almost identical face. Would make the buying process interesting too.

However all this sounds expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks