Team-BHP - Maruti Asking for Computer engineers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Maruti Asking for Computer engineers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/6961-maruti-asking-computer-engineers.html)

Ok..

For the past several years, Maruti Udyog limited has been coming to our college for campus recruitments. They mainly ask for mechanical and production engineers.

For the first time, this year Maruti is asking for students from Computer, IT, Electronics also.
Many of us in these branches are unsure whether to apply or not (there are placement policy considerations).. because if its a technical job its alright but if it turns out to be purely mechanical job than it will be a nightmare for somebody from Computer/IT field...

Fellow members do you have any idea of any technical job profiles in Maruti udyog.. can there be any technical jobs in an automobile company like mul??

deffinately...there can be jobs in an automotive firm as well.........

there can be two types of jobs profiles in there....

1. design of ecu software.
2. general company software requirements ( which might have eventually turned large...forcing them to consider a software crew as well...payroll et all.)....and MAYBE ...just system administration of networks in the firm.

anyhow....in my opinion,....the work available to a software/electronics guy can be very limited in MUL ( mind u...i think even the Mech people will be found making hay designing "all-new" cars lol: )....and unsatisfying on the creative front......though..if u want a pseudo- government job, and are happy with rather monotonous work on the same stuff again and again....this might be for you....

international automotive firms have proper full blown software/ electronics crew.....unless they r goin offshore for the work...

decite

mul makes software for its dealers to use. it is distributed all over India and they keep on upgrading it every now & then. when in 2000, i was working for a maruti dealer w/s in mumbai, it used to be Dos based program, may be now they have made it windows based and they might want to upgrade it more so they might need ppl from IT. even all dealer workshops and showrooms have a software engineer on their payroll for smooth working of their programms and making new ones. infact it is a good field woth a good scope if it is a reputed dealer or better MUL

shubbhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaa45
decite

mul makes software for its dealers to use. it is distributed all over India and they keep on upgrading it every now & then. when in 2000, i was working for a maruti dealer w/s in mumbai, it used to be Dos based program, may be now they have made it windows based and they might want to upgrade it more so they might need ppl from IT. even all dealer workshops and showrooms have a software engineer on their payroll for smooth working of their programms and making new ones. infact it is a good field woth a good scope if it is a reputed dealer or better MUL

shubbhi

but wont it be a temporary sort of job..i mean..they will hire ppl...jus for one project...upgrading that s/w............

Could also be Suzukis (Japan) way of outsourcing its electronic needs for future lineups.

GTO

Update:

Didnt sit for Maruti... but i got selected in Flextronics Software Systems (formerly known as Hughes) :) ...

Its Naukri from next year!!...