Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2006, 12:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
You son has a laptop Isn't he about 4 years old?? Damn he's a lucky kid to have a father like you!!
The laptop died (we are going to open it one day to see what the stuff looks like on the inside). He now uses a real nice desktop (dont ask - suffice to say it has a 21" LCD monitor). :-)
Old 15th September 2006, 12:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
hello navin sir.. i think the 2 80 Gb USB HDD idea is the best. .
I know we did that. ABout 5 of my friends have come over and done the same (bought a 80-100GB hard disk and copied my entire MP3 library) in any case with 750GB hard disks now becomein available i will have space to copy my entire CD collection uncompressed. to the hard disk. Then use an external DAC to an external amp and speakers for music. However I still need software for tagging the CDs so I can read artist/album/song details.
Old 15th September 2006, 13:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
The laptop died (we are going to open it one day to see what the stuff looks like on the inside). He now uses a real nice desktop (dont ask - suffice to say it has a 21" LCD monitor). :-)
Damn..... Lucky kid I tell you
Old 15th September 2006, 13:25   #19
BHPian

You need not create playlists to delete songs on the iPod. When you connect your iPod and open iTunes, you will see your iPod listed on the LHS menu. Just click it and you will see all songs / videos / photos stored on the iPod (except files copied in HDD mode), you can select the file and press [DEL] to delete the file.

About copying your entire collection on all the three iPods, you will need to register and de-register each iPod. No need to create three copies on your HDD. Also, I suggest you organize your mp3 collection using iTunes before copying onto the iPod. Organizing music stored on your HDD is much faster than organizing music stored on the iPod. After copying the entire music collection from your HDD, your bro and his GF can connect their iPods to their individual computers in Holland and delete what's unnecessary.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Old 15th September 2006, 13:54   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Damn..... Lucky kid I tell you
We dont buy this stuff. His aunt (my sister) and uncle (my wife's brother) do.I worry they are going to spoil him (since they dont have their own) if they haven't already.
Old 15th September 2006, 14:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We dont buy this stuff. His aunt (my sister) and uncle (my wife's brother) do.I worry they are going to spoil him (since they dont have their own) if they haven't already.
I sort of agree with you here. Too much of a good thing can be bad too. But with a father like you I doubt he's gonna get spoilt!
Old 15th September 2006, 15:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You son has a laptop Isn't he about 4 years old?? Damn he's a lucky kid to have a father like you!!
nope, his son has a tech savvy dad
Old 18th September 2006, 10:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need help now. Formatted my HD and installed iTunes ver 7.0. Now that I lost all my playlists I made in iTunes - is there any way I can select all playlists shown on the ipod (when connected to iTunes) and copy them in the iTunes software ?
Old 18th September 2006, 11:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

try ipodagent (it's freeware or free-trial) you dont need to format your HD to install Itunes 7.0 over 6.0.
Old 18th September 2006, 11:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
try ipodagent (it's freeware or free-trial) you dont need to format your HD to install Itunes 7.0 over 6.0.
No, I dint format my HD just because I wanted to load iTunes 7.0 , I installed a bigger capacity HD . Will try out ipodagent. Thanks
Old 19th September 2006, 17:55   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
Now the rule is that you cannot use two Ipod devices on a single Itunes software.
Totally untrue, I have 14 iPod playlists on my iTunes. (Relax, i only have 2 myself, the rest are for JBL demo use)
Each one has a seperate playlist that i create, simply by dragging some albums from the library into that playlist.
Each iPod has a preference setting, where i link it to one or more playlists.

Most Viewed