Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:19   #166
akp
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Agreed. Excuse me, I never log off.
But the built in mail app can't log off, is there a trick to achieve that? Thanks!
Don't know, as I have never used the built-in Mail app - but I suspect for this, what you said is true, because the way the ipad is set up, it is associated with one apple id

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Hi friend,

Tried as you said and i dont see the log-out button where is see the list of all labels (inbox, sent et all).

Am i missing something ? need your help friend.
Is it the gmail app you are talking about, or the Mail app? If it is the latter, I do not know the answer. What I said is applicable to the Gmail app.
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:24   #167
Senior - BHPian

@bnzjon it's not a button but a small arrow that shows the option.

@akp the mail app can link multiple accounts for mail e.g., I have linked multiple apple iCloud accounts (mail accounts not ID).

Cheers!
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:27   #168
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

I was referring to the Mail app which links multiple accounts (& not the Gmail app).
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:36   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I was referring to the Mail app which links multiple accounts (& not the Gmail app).
No option to log off. The security comes from the main lock of the device.
Old 4th March 2013, 22:58   #170
BHPian

My Ipad 2's screen has developed a hairline crack (courtesy my one year old). The thing works fine as of now, but just wanted to check is the replacement possible. If yes, any idea about cost?
Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 16:44   #171
BHPian

I recently got an Ipad 4 wifi . The App store is not loading. Rest all is working fine i.e mail,surfing etc. What might be the issue.
Old 8th March 2013, 20:17   #172
BHPian

Hi People,

I am planning to buy Samsung P-5100 10 inch Samsung tablet. The price quoted is around INR 23K. The benefit with this 3G, USB slot, bigger screen.

Apple Mini Pad with the same spec is costing around 29K.

Mainly i would be working on Microsoft office and on PDF files.

No doubt, the touch of Apple is miles ahead when compared to Samsung, but the features & Screen Size Samsung is offering can't be ignored at all.

I am so dam confused which one to buy, would appreciate if respective users can help me decide.

Amit
Old 11th March 2013, 12:11   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Thanks pal. Ordering now the digitizer for Rs. 2723 including the tools.
I am yet to get the digitizer. Having multiple followups and the only answer I get is, please wait one more day. The DTDC guys have goofed up it seems. Anyways, hope to get it by tomorrow or raise an complaint with eBay.

After watching a video on youtube, took the plunge to remove the broken digitizer and was successful

Here is the iPad which has the broken digitizer.

The iPad Thread-ipad.jpg

The top portion which has a white background is the area where I have already removed the glass. Had a very hard time removing the digitizer since the glass is completely shattered.

Near the home button, right side is the wifi antenna flex, which I overlooked and tearing the glass apart took the flex with it. It was a tear and some more of the flex remains.
Problem is, I should have worked from left to right, but did the other way and the result is demolishing.

I am waiting for the digitizer to check if my wifi still works, or need to order them again and wait for it. The flex itself is costing anywhere between 1-2k

But overall, with a little patience and concentration, the digitizer can be replaced easily.

The iPad Thread-img_20130311_120618.jpg

I am yet to remove the left over glass from one side, fo which I am waiting for the tools using which I can remove the LCD and then work on. Thankfully, there is no damage to the LCD.
Old 11th March 2013, 16:59   #174
BHPian

Guys, need your help. The seller(i2c world) had shipped my digitizer through DTDC. Now the guy who has taken the items for shipment has disappeared and DTDC is having a hard time in locating him and the items. Since tomorrow is the last day as per terms and conditions for me to receive the shipment as per eBay, the seller is striking a deal with me.

He says to book another digitizer and the cost will be re-imbursed by him(he is the manager for Hyd division of i2c)

Now what do I do? accept the deal and close it with him or go through the official route via eBay.

I have been interacting with him from the last week and dont think he would cheat. He is also ready to re-imburse whatever the cost is +/- 300

Please suggest.
Old 11th March 2013, 17:25   #175
BHPian

Quote:
He says to book another digitizer and the cost will be re-imbursed by him(he is the manager for Hyd division of i2c)

Now what do I do? accept the deal and close it with him or go through the official route via eBay.
Tell him to ship a new one without you booking again on eBay. If he really does it, give a good feedback. He seems to be worried about feedback. Let him make the effort to earn good feedback.
Old 11th March 2013, 17:36   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Tell him to ship a new one without you booking again on eBay. If he really does it, give a good feedback. He seems to be worried about feedback. Let him make the effort to earn good feedback.
I tried this trick but in a different manner.

Asked him to book the item and provide my address for shipment, for which he replied he cannot do it since he is an Manager.
Old 11th March 2013, 17:55   #177
akp
BHPian

Quote:
I tried this trick but in a different manner.

Asked him to book the item and provide my address for shipment, for which he replied he cannot do it since he is an Manager.
Well, he can easily do it through someone else. Somehow, asking you to book another one sounds a little strange.
Old 11th March 2013, 18:18   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Well, he can easily do it through someone else. Somehow, asking you to book another one sounds a little strange.
True. Questions now arising in my mind are,
1. There is no writing from i2c that they will re-imburse for my second order.
2. What if I face the same issue with my second order as well. I did ask this question to him and he assured he will ask his men to personally deliver the item to me.
3. Since i2c is asking my options, there is a high probabilty for them to dispute my refund if I ask for it with eBay. Right?

The manager himself tells that the issue is with DTDC and i2c will claim the money they have spent to me for the second order from DTDC. Moreover, he also informed that if my first order reaches me, i can still use the second. All these interactions are being done by the manager, since he doesnt want to lose his reputation and my satisfaction. He had also revealed the names of the person in DTDC with whom he was interacting.

Why am I believing him? If I am not able to track my shipment then the problem is with i2c. But I can clearly see the problem is with DTDC. Infact, spoke to DTDC office and they also confirmed that they have raised a complaint with their BM's and all. So the real culprit here is DTDC and not i2c. Got my second shipment ID with DTDC and when tracked shows as out for delivery from 2nd of March.

This is what I am going to do tomorrow. Tell i2c manager that I am drought of funds and ask him to help me if he really cares, may be like akp was saying, he can ask someone to book on his behalf and ship me the item.
Second, go with the refund process through eBay.

Experts, please suggest.

Last edited by dre@ms : 11th March 2013 at 18:22.
Old 11th March 2013, 21:27   #179
BHPian

@dre@ms - First of all whose problem is it (non delivery)? I suppose i2c, let him do whatever he should to set right this problem. You did not appoint DTDC for him. Or did you?

Secondly, I assume you have paisapay protection. i2c will not be paid by eBay unless you confirm receipt of the good. So, let i2c deliver and get money.

Decide whether you want to take the risk or not. i2c looks to be genuine in this case, but you don't take up his risk.
Old 12th March 2013, 10:40   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
@dre@ms - First of all whose problem is it (non delivery)? I suppose i2c, let him do whatever he should to set right this problem. You did not appoint DTDC for him. Or did you?

Secondly, I assume you have paisapay protection. i2c will not be paid by eBay unless you confirm receipt of the good. So, let i2c deliver and get money.

Decide whether you want to take the risk or not. i2c looks to be genuine in this case, but you don't take up his risk.
So inform eBay that I didnt get the shipment?

Most Viewed