Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 10:23   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Why are you bothering to convert the videos ? There are many free and paid video player apps available which play almost all formats. My favorite is Nplayer but it is paid. In free you have VLC Player. I suggest you try one of them first.
If you are having hard time copying the video files in the folders of these players (after you install them), I suggest you download iFunbox application for your PC and you can browse iPad folders and do copy paste of the videos directly in the app's respective folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Thanks a lot Raks. Downloaded VLC and the rest was a piece of cake.

All this while I have been reading about converting videos for playing them in your iPad and have been doing the same. It had been such a pain.
Old 11th October 2014, 22:08   #302
BHPian

Anybody installed ios8 on iPad non retina? Is there any lag? Is it worth the upgrade?
Old 12th October 2014, 00:22   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Anybody installed ios8 on iPad non retina? Is there any lag? Is it worth the upgrade?
Installed it on my iPad 2, its quite laggy especially when using the native Apple apps like iBooks and Maps. App Store takes ages to load and search for items. I wouldn't recommend upgrading it if it's running iOS 7, maybe wait for 8.1.
I updated it because my iPad was still running on iOS 5.x.
Old 17th October 2014, 22:55   #304
RSR
Senior - BHPian

According to Apple's India website, the price difference between the iPad mini 2 & iPad mini 3 is Rs. 7,000 - and the only difference between the two seems to be the fingerprint sensor:

The iPad Thread-image.jpg

Does the mini 3 have any other new/better/additional feature over the mini 2, apart from the Touch ID?

Last edited by RSR : 17th October 2014 at 22:57.
Old 20th October 2014, 14:55   #305
BHPian

Has anyone got any idea about Apple SIM. Whether it'll make it's way into India.

In any Case, In India all iPhone's and iPad's are sold without any Contract. So shouldn't worry about it. But what happens, when someone's travelling to US or UK from India, carrying an iPad ?

Any Launch Date indication in India, as the Prices have already been announced?
Old 9th November 2014, 21:02   #306
BHPian

Any Idea of the iPad Air 2 Launch dates in India ?

Apple Stores have quoted approximately 3rd Week of November and Croma quotes 2nd Week of December.
Old 17th November 2014, 00:36   #307
Senior - BHPian

Guys! A quick question. Is the ipad Air 2 available in India? I can see the prices being revealed but no online store seems to stock it.

Can someone please let me know if I can buy one from a premium Apple reseller?
Old 17th November 2014, 09:29   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Does the mini 3 have any other new/better/additional feature over the mini 2, apart from the Touch ID?
No there is no other difference. But the problem is that the Mini 2 is just out of stock everywhere with no clear date of availability. Is it a case of Apple trying to take it off the market and in order to sell the Mini 3 with the increased price tag but same specs and features?
Old 18th November 2014, 22:46   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is it a case of Apple trying to take it off the market and in order to sell the Mini 3 with the increased price tag but same specs and features?
That's quite obvious !!

Stores in Bangalore are accepting Pre-orders of iPad Air 2 with a small token amount of Advance. They are not sure of the exact date of launch but tentatively, it should be around 2nd week of December, 2014. Earlier indication was 3rd Week of November, and now it has been pushed by another 3 Weeks..
Old 19th November 2014, 17:40   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Hello guys,
I'm planning to buy an ipad, I have to options ipad air for 33k or ipad 4th generation with Retina display for 23k. Is it advisable to got for air, I believe mostly it's the size difference.
Just ordered in US Ipad Air old model 32gbwifi for $427 , intially planned to get Ipad4 64gb refurbished for same cost $425 from apple store in USA.
Old 24th November 2014, 17:05   #311
BHPian

my ipad mini is unable to stay online on wifi consistently and does not connect to app store at all since the 8.0.2 update a month ago.
Has anyone here encountered the same issue and is there any easy solution for this?
I checked the apple community and the message board there is full of complaints on this issue and none of the solutions seem to work.
Old 24th November 2014, 17:26   #312
BANNED

Is it possible to connect a USB Pen drive to an Ipad Mini and watch movies, the non retina version? If yes, could someone point me how to do it? This ipad is completely stock and got it as a gift back in the states. I checked Youtube and also Google it, but did not find suitable responses. TYA
Old 24th November 2014, 18:06   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Is it possible to connect a USB Pen drive to an Ipad Mini and watch movies, the non retina version? If yes, could someone point me how to do it? This ipad is completely stock and got it as a gift back in the states. I checked Youtube and also Google it, but did not find suitable responses. TYA
NO.. You can't do it. You must be aware that Apple eco system is not open. Sharing is not possible on Apple Mobile Phones & Tablets. This is the biggest drawback for Apple products. And the reason for many to turn to Android.
Old 24th November 2014, 18:10   #314
BHPian

Finally, Apple iPad Air 2 will be available starting from 29th November, 2014. You can pre-order on Infibeam & Flipkart for Online Orders.

The pricing is erratic again with a difference of 10K for Cellular Model. Does anybody think this amount can be better spent on a Wifi Hotspot ?? You can bring down your Cost by 6 to 7K.
Old 24th November 2014, 18:21   #315
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
NO.. You can't do it. You must be aware that Apple eco system is not open. Sharing is not possible on Apple Mobile Phones & Tablets. This is the biggest drawback for Apple products. And the reason for many to turn to Android.
Thanks Jazz, The reason why I did ask this question was because in one of the videos on youtube, that person was able to download photos into his ipad through a pendrive, and the USB camera adaptor (I think that is what it was called) was an apple device, though not for pen drive. He however did mention that this Ipad was Jail broken and there was an app for downloading the photos, so I was wondering if it can download/play movies from external devices too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks