Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 19:49   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Only one thing to be reconfirm - will whatsapp really not work in ipad as told by NFB? Or is there some other way around?

I was in a similar situation when looking for tablet/ipad for my mother.After speaking to couple of ipad owners and bit of googling it became clear that whatsapp cannot be used on ipads(stock form).
However have read somewhere that we can make it work by jailbreaking and tweaking it a bit.But I found it too complex :(

So finally picked samsung galaxy tab 2
Old 26th December 2014, 21:16   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I was in a similar situation when looking for tablet/ipad for my mother.After speaking to couple of ipad owners and bit of googling it became clear that whatsapp cannot be used on ipads(stock form).
However have read somewhere that we can make it work by jailbreaking and tweaking it a bit.But I found it too complex :(

So finally picked samsung galaxy tab 2
Quote:
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Only one thing to be reconfirm - will whatsapp really not work in ipad as told by NFB? Or is there some other way around?
How about moving to telegram? It works far better than whatsapp and even on the desktop.

whatsapp isnt a good enough reason to give up the awesome iOS ecosystem.
Old 26th December 2014, 22:41   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whatsapp really not work in ipad as told by NFB? Or is there some other way around?
Whatsapp works if iPad is jailbroken. Any App can be installed after jailbreak.

In general user should jailbreak / root to gain full use of iPad.

For example, Even SD cards wont work unless iPad is jailbroken. After jailbreak, this 170 Rs cable enables SD card and pretty much any peripheral that works on Android (Like keyboard).

http://www.shopclues.com/mini-adapte...ipad-mini.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
How about moving to telegram? It works far better than whatsapp and even on the desktop.
Thing about whatsapp is, it does not matter how good or bad it is. As long as people share photos / messages on it, it becomes a must for others in friends/ family.
Old 29th December 2014, 17:10   #334
BHPian

Hi,
Need some advise on the keyboard for iPad (4th Gen.) and iPad Air. I have shortlisted Logitech Keyboard for iPad (4th Gen.) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER and Belkin QODE Ultimate for iPad Air http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Ultimat...pr_product_top

The above selection is purely on the basis of Amazon reviews. Any feedback on the above two keyboards will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 25th May 2015, 08:13   #335
BHPian

I have been having a problem with Safari on Ipad for last two days. When I try to open a website (entering URL directly as well as from Google search) it immediately diverts to ad.adamatte.com on same window. The URL bar text rapidly changes to lots of website names, indiarewards.com being one of them. It finally dishes out a page selling lots of things, nothing bad. But I can't access any site of my choice.

I have disabled Java, so the problem is arrested but not gone for good. If I open a Facebook posted link on Safari, it starts same ad page link and stalls.

Has any had this problem? What is the solution? Problem does not exist on Windows PC sharing same wifi. Trouble shooting has been done with ISP too to rule out network problem. I thought iPad is pretty safe but now I am reluctant to use it for credit card payments.
Old 25th May 2015, 11:16   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have been having a problem with Safari on Ipad for last two days. When I try to open a website (entering URL directly as well as from Google search) it immediately diverts to ad.adamatte.com on same window. The URL bar text rapidly changes to lots of website names, indiarewards.com being one of them. It finally dishes out a page selling lots of things, nothing bad. But I can't access any site of my choice.
Just to check, have you tried as below:
Settings -> Safari -> Clear History and Website Data

Make sure you have double-clicked the Home button and closed all open apps including Safari before trying this.
Can you try this, and let us know if the issue persists?
Old 25th May 2015, 11:27   #337
BHPian

I have done that: closed all apps, cleared cookies and history.

Prior to this I had another issue with Windows PC wherein whenever I try to open any Google site (Google search page, Youtube) I get a page telling me to update Flashplayer. The update file was immediately flagged by Kaspersky. In a session with ISP tech support we changed DNS and the problem vanished. At that time the problem did not affect iPad.

The problem this time is affecting only iPad and Android phones on same wifi network. I had 30 minutes of DNS setting changes with ISP tech support but still no luck.
Old 26th May 2015, 05:36   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have done that: closed all apps, cleared cookies and history.

Prior to this I had another issue with Windows PC wherein whenever I try to open any Google site (Google search page, Youtube) I get a page telling me to update Flashplayer. The update file was immediately flagged by Kaspersky. In a session with ISP tech support we changed DNS and the problem vanished. At that time the problem did not affect iPad.

The problem this time is affecting only iPad and Android phones on same wifi network. I had 30 minutes of DNS setting changes with ISP tech support but still no luck.
This is surely weird.
Does your iPad support a cellular connection? If so, can you disable wifi and try using just the cellular option?

Also, if it does not have cellular, try on a different wifi network, or even tether to a hotspot on a different device just to check. This way we can rule out if this behavior is influenced by the network.
Old 26th May 2015, 13:47   #339
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it on a different network.
Old 26th May 2015, 18:19   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, are you facing this issue on both Android and in IOS? Does the android also have same symptoms or is it different?
Old 26th May 2015, 18:34   #341
BHPian

Symptoms are same in iOS and Android.
Old 26th May 2015, 22:22   #342
BHPian

There a one option I missed earlier because it has an arrow pointing to next page. Now this arrow is just two lines in grey. So it is easy to miss. Anyway it is the Website Data page and it has clear Website Data. I cleared it, turned on Java again. Now things are working fine. I haven't checked on Android. I don't really care because I never browse on phone internet.

Thanks benbsb29 and govigov for chipping in.
Old 27th May 2015, 05:00   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There a one option I missed earlier because it has an arrow pointing to next page. Now this arrow is just two lines in grey. So it is easy to miss. Anyway it is the Website Data page and it has clear Website Data. I cleared it, turned on Java again. Now things are working fine. I haven't checked on Android. I don't really care because I never browse on phone internet.

Thanks benbsb29 and govigov for chipping in.
That's good to know. So, it was the initial step mentioned which was to clear the data which helped.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:32   #344
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Got quite find a relevant thread for iOS help/queries, so posted it here. Mods, kindly move it to a relevant thread if it exists.

Folks, got myself my Dad's iPad as he's not using it anymore. Just a few queries.

1. How do I re-register the iPad in my name and create a new Apple account for the same?

2. I get this 'Login to iCloud' pop ups that are pretty annoying. How do I delete/re-register for the iCloud account so as to get rid of this?

3. Is there any way I can increase the storage of an iPad?

4. It's the Wi-Fi only edition. What do I do if I wish to browse the web through a SIM meant only for it? Can external SIM holders be used?

Thanks for your time.
Cheers!

Last edited by barcalad : 15th September 2015 at 15:34.
Old 15th September 2015, 17:07   #345
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Got quite find a relevant thread for iOS help/queries, so posted it here. Mods, kindly move it to a relevant thread if it exists.

Folks, got myself my Dad's iPad as he's not using it anymore. Just a few queries.

1. How do I re-register the iPad in my name and create a new Apple account for the same?

2. I get this 'Login to iCloud' pop ups that are pretty annoying. How do I delete/re-register for the iCloud account so as to get rid of this?

3. Is there any way I can increase the storage of an iPad?

4. It's the Wi-Fi only edition. What do I do if I wish to browse the web through a SIM meant only for it? Can external SIM holders be used?

Thanks for your time.
Cheers!
my responses below:

1. do a master reset of the iPad, that should work. when initializing it will ask for an existing account or create a new one.

2. same as about (i mean, you gotsa reset it only once )

3. yep, it is possible. read more.

4. yep, it is possible. read more.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 15th September 2015 at 17:26.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks