Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2020, 20:18   #496
BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Anyone here using the cheapest iPad (7th gen) with apple pencil? What was the reason you bought the apple pencil for and do you think you have been able to extract usage out of the pencil? If yes then what are you using the pencil for?
Old 17th August 2020, 12:23   #497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have to buy a tablet for my kid, am thinking of getting an iPad for her, it has to be with a pen. And because it, would be used by a kid, would wish to keep costs down. Is there anything by Apple with a pen below 50K.
Nothing is available, either online or in stores. I mean, you have the iPad Mini 256 GB or something similar but ridiculous option. Or, stretch for the iPad Pro options. I don't want that.

Was looking to get a Microsoft tab, but they are not available too.

Any of you have scoured the markets recently, are gadgets not available or is the China / Covid situation?

One store has asked to pre-book which I may by Sunday.
Old 17th August 2020, 12:56   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Any of you have scoured the markets recently, are gadgets not available or is the China / Covid situation?

One store has asked to pre-book which I may by Sunday.
It could be an issue in a particular city because in Delhi all models are available everywhere.

Only issue due to Covid is no discount on most of the electronics.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:26   #499
BHPian

@revvharder - That is not the situation with Delhi and most other cities. I have been on the lookout for an iPad Pro 2020 for my wife, since May this year. It is not available in the offline and online space. I have contacted each and every reseller and retailer in Delhi and they do not have any clue about when the stock will come. They keep saying 10/15 days but since May, not a single piece has come.

Appario retail on Amazon lists one piece in a while and it is extremely hard to snag it given that it is listed late night, mostly between 2am-4am and is often restricted to sale in Bangalore and a few other cities. I see a lot of user reviews that keep getting added every week but never been able to get my hands on one. This is possibly due to the supply chain disruption. For once, I have decided to invest in an Apple product for it is the perfect tool for digital design but it is not available. I have tried contacting Apple support but they have options only for post sale support and not for pre sales.

I am quite frustrated with this situation but as they say "The wait is worth it" . Sigh!. On the topic does anyone have any leads for a pre sale support email id of Apple, India I can write to?

Revverend

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd August 2020 at 00:36. Reason: Typos
Old 21st August 2020, 22:30   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have to buy a tablet for my kid,... iPad ... pen. .... below 50K.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XVLJ3MY/

This iPad costs 30k and is available for next day delivery. Pen costs 8.5k.

For a kid, this is more than enough.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd August 2020 at 00:34. Reason: Typo.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:51   #501
Team-BHP Support

I got an iPad Air 64 GB with a gen 1 pencil. 44K for the iPad and 8.5K for the pencil. Got it from an offline store.

Thanks everyone .
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 12:24   #502
Senior - BHPian

Been looking for the 2020 iPad Pro plus magic keyboard for the last month, and no store in NCR or Chandigarh has it! It is so frustrating.
Old 28th August 2020, 12:50   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Been looking for the 2020 iPad Pro plus magic keyboard for the last month, and no store in NCR or Chandigarh has it! It is so frustrating.
I think the stock for the 2020 iPad Pro is only available in the 11 inch variants till now.
I've been on the search for the 12.9" one and no store in the whole country (let alone NCR) has received the 12.9" variants. As far as the smaller iPad Pro is concerned, pre-booking at an Apple Authorised reseller might help. Apple has actually sold a considerable number of the 2020 11" iPad Pro's in India.

Last edited by advaydh : 28th August 2020 at 12:55.
Old 28th August 2020, 15:49   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
I think the stock for the 2020 iPad Pro is only available in the 11 inch variants till now.
I've been on the search for the 12.9" one and no store in the whole country (let alone NCR) has received the 12.9" variants. As far as the smaller iPad Pro is concerned, pre-booking at an Apple Authorised reseller might help. Apple has actually sold a considerable number of the 2020 11" iPad Pro's in India.
I read that Apple is opening it own online store in India next month. Hopefully you guys will get it there.
raksrules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 16:02   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No availabiity in channels. After new iPad is launched, more clarity might emerge (Around September 10th).
Old 28th August 2020, 16:37   #506
Senior - BHPian

lets hope so. I am being advised to get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 but being an apple guy, its the iPad or nothing....
Old 28th August 2020, 16:52   #507
Senior - BHPian

EU channel has stock for some SKUs, in case travel opens; that can be an option if you know someone traveling from EU/UK.

E.g.: https://www.newegg.com/global/in-en/...82E16858752540
Old 31st August 2020, 13:36   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I read that Apple is opening it own online store in India next month. Hopefully you guys will get it there.
This could be the reason for jamming the supply to all re-sellers. However considering they are only opening in Mumbai immediately, this is a big risk ( if they are deliberately doing it), but then they will also start their own online sale from the Apple India website.
Old 31st August 2020, 15:14   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
This could be the reason for jamming the supply to all re-sellers. However considering they are only opening in Mumbai immediately, this is a big risk ( if they are deliberately doing it), but then they will also start their own online sale from the Apple India website.
I was only talking about online store. I know they are opening store in Mumbai and later in Bangalore. The jamming supply may be related to online store which opens next month (as per rumors).
Old 31st August 2020, 15:30   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Any idea when they are launching the online store in India? It’s 31st August today and there is no indication yet, only rumours and a statement “next month”.

I am looking at purchasing a MacBook Pro, does it make sense to wait for the launch of the online store? Will Apple give out any extra discounts/freebies to commemorate the launch?

Right now, no products are available with the re-sellers in Mumbai, they keep saying it will be available in a few days, since the last 20-25 days.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks