Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 18:34   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Apple's 27th Jan Event: Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT: An Indian alternative -

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsa View Post
After going through this thread I feel extremely sorry for those who had thought iPad is a sheer waste of time.
Empowered by the enormous hindsight, eh?
Old 1st March 2012, 19:38   #92
BHPian

Apple Event on March 7 in SFO, The Next iPad is Coming !

Thought I'd share this with all fellow geeks on Team BHP...
Anyone fancy a new iPad and a hole in the pocket ?

Apple Event on March 7 in SFO, The Next iPad is Coming !

Any Apple fans who are excited about this ?
Old 8th March 2012, 00:07   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: iBhp - Think Different (team-bhpians on a Mac)

Today is the Ipad 3 Day.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/t...d-is-official/

its revealed. Retina Display and A5X CPU and a quad-core graphics chip.

Last edited by chevelle : 8th March 2012 at 00:09.
Old 8th March 2012, 00:40   #94
BHPian

So the new iPad is out with 4g -LTE. Price stays same. Starting from $499.99.
Old 8th March 2012, 00:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
So the new iPad is out with 4g -LTE. Price stays same. Starting from $499.99.
You missed the display and processor upgrade.

More here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2706600
Old 9th March 2012, 11:20   #96
BHPian

re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refreshed

IPAD 2 would be cheaper by 5k because of the launch of IPAD3. No insight on IPAD3 availability.

Source:

Apple iPad 2 prices slashed by Rs 5,000 in India - The Economic Times
Old 24th October 2012, 02:21   #97
Senior - BHPian

There's a new iPad 4 with a new A6x processor, Image Processor, 720p Front Camera, Faster Wifi, Lightning Connector,

Also a smaller, cheaper iPad mini.
Old 24th October 2012, 04:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post

Also a smaller, cheaper iPad mini.

which Jalopnik reports is

http://jalopnik.com/5954065/the-new-...y-in-your-dash
Old 24th October 2012, 14:57   #99
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Not much of a change from the ipad 3 except for the faster processor!I wonder why Apple launched it as a new one when they could have waited for another 6 months and probably launched one with more changes and better specifications!

I read in some shops Apple is giving customers who recently purchased an ipad 3, a free upgrade!Hope this comes to India too!!
Old 24th October 2012, 15:39   #100
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Isn't the iPad Mini such a disappointment? It offers a 163ppi screen in this day and age. What a shame! The ultra cheap Nexus 7 offers a much better ~215ppi screen. Retina display on the iPad Mini would make it a hot buy.
Old 24th October 2012, 20:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

Yes its basically an iPad 2 Mini. Also they seem to have the lost the plot with versioning. The previous New iPad is lost in all the generations, there is no official way to refer to it.

Besides the upgrade was out of turn, looks like they are desperate to get the new connector out for most of their products.

The iPad Mini as i understand was launched to cater to the ever growing Digital Book Reader market which is currently dominated by Kindle & closely followed by various Android Tablets. Infact Android seems to be increasing its foothold in the 7 inch table space.

What is even more important behind the scenes is that if Apple misses out on this market they would start loosing revenue from Bookstore & Magazine subscriptions.

I believe they must have figured out that Retina display is probably not required for reading books. The mini has same amount of pixels as iPad 2 but in a smaller size & hence increasing the pixel density on the mini making it slightly better than the iPad 2 which has a pretty decent display.
Old 24th October 2012, 20:40   #102
AWD
BHPian

iPad4 came as a huge surprise. Wish they had incorporated the "calling" function. Market trend was towards "phone calling" on tabs.

At the moment, iPad2 WiFi makes the most sense. Though I haven't compared 2 & 3 side by side so can't really say about the difference in the screens. Coming up with upgrades so early indicates one should stick to the device whose MRP has fallen. For those who can spare the moolah often, should go in for the latest.
Old 24th October 2012, 23:36   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
iPad4 came as a huge surprise. Wish they had incorporated the "calling" function. Market trend was towards "phone calling" on tabs.

At the moment, iPad2 WiFi makes the most sense. Though I haven't compared 2 & 3 side by side so can't really say about the difference in the screens. Coming up with upgrades so early indicates one should stick to the device whose MRP has fallen. For those who can spare the moolah often, should go in for the latest.
I recently compared the ipad2 with my brother's ipad3. The pixel density was evident at the first glance. The icons and text were clear with absolutely no pixelation at the edges. I couldn't however compare the video quality. While simultaneously operating them, the ipad2 was marginally faster but incomparable otherwise. However the ipad3 is much heavier and slightly thicker. My pick is and remains the ipad2. For those who require cellular data like me, the ipad2 with 3G will make a wonderful companion at a much sweeter price point.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:05   #104
Senior - BHPian

Ever thought of the iPad mini as a great ICE system for your hot ride?! Well, your wishes have come true. The possibly first installation of the iPad mini in a Toyota.

Link below

Old 3rd November 2012, 13:15   #105
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
pixel density was evident at the first glance. The icons and text were clear with absolutely no pixelation at the edges.My pick is and remains the ipad2. For those who require cellular data like me, the ipad2 with 3G will
That is in which, iPad 2 or 3?

I bought an iPad3 4G WiFi, used for ~ a month. Found that the 4G feature is pretty useless untill the device is not accompanied with Calling function. I was out one day & my 3G sim was in the iPad. All this while I never knew who was trying to reach my number & myself could not make calls. I really got irritated that day & decided to get rid of the device. It turned out lucky as I was able to dispose it off just before iPad4 arrival. The resale would have taken a hit post the launch!

Solo Wifi models make more sense as one can tether with 3G phones easily. So out of iPad 2, 3, 4 & mini, 2 + WiFi makes most sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks