Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 13:08   #91
BHPian

Is this for the e90 as well?
Old 19th February 2010, 03:55   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
hey i have a mac, is there a way to download maps 3.03 directly to my phone?
You should be able to download and install the application directly on your phone using GPRS. That's what I did, but I did download the map using a computer.

I think if you have a card attached, it will attempt to download the extended map as well.
Old 19th February 2010, 08:11   #93
BHPian

Nokia Navigation is good but not available even for N86 !!

Well -- I had tried the Nokia Navigation (unfortunately trial) and it was really good for Mumbai driving.

Though I have N86 8MP model, which was actually released in 2009 only, the Nokia Navigation is still not available free.

And the Trial is supposed to be valid for 1 week but I think mine expired after 4 days usage itself.

Hope Nokia comes up with Free Navigation for N86 8MP model & many more models soon.

- ShanG
----------------------------
1991 Geo Metro (Sold)
2009 Hyundai i20 Asta
Old 8th March 2010, 23:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
You should be able to download and install the application directly on your phone using GPRS. That's what I did, but I did download the map using a computer.

I think if you have a card attached, it will attempt to download the extended map as well.
Got my 5800's firmware updated to v40 from NCC. Guess now I have the new map but drive/walk direction option is stil premium! ( cheap thought at 600Rs for an year). Wasn't this supposed to be free?
Old 8th March 2010, 23:19   #95
BHPian

The navigation is free.I guess the version of maps should be 3.x.x (246).Try downloading the maps from Nokia (from your phone) and it should give you the latest maps
Old 9th March 2010, 20:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Got my 5800's firmware updated to v40 from NCC. Guess now I have the new map but drive/walk direction option is stil premium! ( cheap thought at 600Rs for an year). Wasn't this supposed to be free?

I dont think you have the latest map. As per Nokia site and my friends who use 5800 with the latest release, they dont charge you for anything. Drive/Walk navigation is absolutely free in Maps 3.03.
Old 9th March 2010, 21:38   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

They don't seem to have expanded the range of phones for which the download is available.
Old 9th March 2010, 21:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
I dont think you have the latest map. As per Nokia site and my friends who use 5800 with the latest release, they dont charge you for anything. Drive/Walk navigation is absolutely free in Maps 3.03.
Joe was right , things are free after I got the new map from Ovi store. Thought the new firmware came with new map.
Old 10th March 2010, 07:56   #99
BHPian

Of late, my 5800 is locked in the "waiting for GPS screen" whenever I start drive option from nokia maps. Has anyone else got the same issue ? My google maps is still working fine, locking to satellites and hence I don't think it is the problem with the GPS chip in the phone and hence might be the issue with Nokia maps ?
Old 16th March 2010, 11:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Of late, my 5800 is locked in the "waiting for GPS screen" whenever I start drive option from nokia maps. Has anyone else got the same issue ? My google maps is still working fine, locking to satellites and hence I don't think it is the problem with the GPS chip in the phone and hence might be the issue with Nokia maps ?
No issues for me. Maybe software glitch ?
Old 16th March 2010, 12:00   #101
BHPian

Nokia 5230

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
My 5230 had reset/rebooted itself a few times when using Nokia-maps driving on Kodaikanal ghat roads, maybe due to weak-gprs-signals because it worked well after that inside Coimbatore.

I use Google-maps on highways which has good coverage, to find out my position.
I use Nokia-maps inside cities since it has voice-navigation, but highway-coverage is poor.

Overall I am very satisfied with 5230.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:22   #102
Senior - BHPian

I tried Maps application (came with the phone) in my N73 and it is showing India Maps. It is pretty slow with GPRS.

I am not sure whether it has navigation. I have to try that.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I got a E71 and downloaded the maps from OVI. Then it made me pay some Rs. 689 for 1 yrs voice guided navigation.

Everytime i start my application it asks me for going online. I tried both ways, YES & NO; both times i manages to lock into gps without any issue. what is the online thing for? does it make any difference?

Also how to check for map updates? I noticed that these maps dont have road updated as good as MMI or SatNav. There is a flyover outside my house, which has been there now for almost 14 months & its not there on OVI but the same is there on the other 2.

Thanks.
Old 16th March 2010, 19:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I got a E71 and downloaded the maps from OVI. Then it made me pay some Rs. 689 for 1 yrs voice guided navigation.

Everytime i start my application it asks me for going online. I tried both ways, YES & NO; both times i manages to lock into gps without any issue. what is the online thing for? does it make any difference?
Thanks.
Whenever Ovi maps get started, it tries to contact Nokia's positioning server supl.nokia.com and this is why it asks to go online. I think you can disable this by selecting only integrated GPS as the positioning method and then it shouldn't ask you to go online.
Old 7th April 2010, 23:20   #105

Map now available for E-71

Nokia has updated the website and free navigation service is available for E-71 as well. Will try to download tonight and see if it works.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks