Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2005, 12:38   #1
BHPian

surveillance cameras

hi guys

looking for a surveiilance camera system for our factory premises in mumbai but have no idea from where and how to get it. can it be bought or hired and if both can be done then what will it cost me. i hope somebody here has a info on the same or has used it.

preferably from mumbai

help

shubbhi
Old 3rd October 2005, 12:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi manaa

on which scale are you looking at?

we are abt to finalise one for our factory ,

the specs are

18 video cameras : water proof,wide angle lens with night mode, out of which two have carl zeiss lens.

2 servers with 1 frame per second recording.:basically takes a picture image per second and stores it.

all the cameras have a central room,but can also be operated over the internet using a specific ip address, with 8 diff people watching from 8 differnat places at a time.

dunno the exact price finalised,as the deal is yet to be done.

we have gotten quations from three different security services and a private guy from chennai.

imo any good security agency like eagle eye or protex should be able to do the job.
Old 3rd October 2005, 14:17   #3
BHPian

THKS AADIX

i m not looking for cameras at such a large scale but may be with six cameras should be ok for our factory.

may be will check out with some security agencies for the same.

shubbhi
Old 22nd October 2005, 21:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can go for a VCR based setup or a PC based setup. I look after a PC based setup with 9 cameras for a voluntary organisation (by look after I mean they sometimes call me in if a theft has taken place to back the event up to CDR).

It is a nice easy to use setup. It records to the computer hard drive. When space on the hard drive gets low it deletes old footage and so is constantly recording. It rarely needs any attention and the software puts a digital watermark on backups so the footage can be used by the police.

I would suggest that whatever system you go for make sure you have areas you are concerned about covered. On the system I use there are a few flaws as camera placement was not considered properly when the system was installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks