Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 16:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

I have a Sony TRV340E (Digital 8) and it does have a 'DV Out' port. My Laptop doesn't have a Firewire PCMCIA Card, can I install the same on my Laptop? And does the PCMCIA card come with Driver software?
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:23   #32
BHPian

If there is a PCMCIA slot on laptop computer, usually IEEE1394 cards can be plugged in there (usually without any software - but not sure)
Old 23rd May 2006, 00:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak
As long as the camcorder has a "DV Out" port it is possible to capture video from camcorder.
The easiest way to connect Camcorder's DV Out to computer's Fireware (IEEE1394) and capture via Windows Movie Maker application (preinstalled with WinXP)
However, if you are buying new camcorder, it would be prudend to invest on those which write directly on 8 cm DVDs! No more problem with transferring via cables
Not as prudent as you think to but a camcorder that uses 8cm discs. I know a few people who have bought such camcorders and used what they thought were good discs (ritek dye and even Fuji branded discs). The discs were so poor that they failed to record properly. So if you do go for such a system stick to Taiyo Yuden dye discs (or MCC dye Verbatim discs).
Old 18th April 2008, 15:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

What About Sony Dcr Dvd 610 / 710

Hai,

Doing some analysis to buy a Handycam.

Looking at all the posts here, there are two Sony Models which look good @ 16 K. DVD 610 and 710. Usus a 8 m DVD rewritable disk, only you have to finalize the Shoot and then transfer to the laptop. Holds 1 hr of video, the disk, I think is about 1.4 gigs. It hasa USB out, stabilizer (electronic) and 40 X optical zoom.

Is this a good choice for a budget under 20 K?

--Ramky
=======
Old 19th April 2008, 00:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have successfully, transferred video out of my Sony MiniDV camcorder to my laptop and after editing moved it back to camcorder tape without loosing a single frame or resolution drop. (Using Firewire)

In case you are wondering why I transferred it back to the tape, the reason is that I am able to make AVI files, but when I do mpeg encoding for DVD, I get jagged edges during motion... Even after tinkering with lot of settings I was not able to fix this.
I am using Adobe Premier. Any suggestions?

Last edited by ST7677 : 19th April 2008 at 00:11.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I have successfully, transferred video out of my Sony MiniDV camcorder to my laptop and after editing moved it back to camcorder tape without loosing a single frame or resolution drop. (Using Firewire)

In case you are wondering why I transferred it back to the tape, the reason is that I am able to make AVI files, but when I do mpeg encoding for DVD, I get jagged edges during motion... Even after tinkering with lot of settings I was not able to fix this.
I am using Adobe Premier. Any suggestions?

Hi,

were you able to get this resolved?
I used Windows Live Movie Maker to make a DVD (WMV file) and I see the same jagged edges, more prominent during motion - it seems like I can see the interlacing effect where I can see signals travelling across horizontal lines!!

I however dont see this effect when I play the .avi file that is been streamed directly from the camcorder. These avi files seem to be with no video properties, huge in size - xtreamer (which plays almost any file format) could not play these files but WMP on my Win7 could - may be because it handles it better.

Is this because of the video editing software? I shall look for a better editing software in that case. However, I want to create videos without this problem and store them either on DVDs or hard drive for longer retention period.
Any thoughts!!!
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:47   #37
BHPian

Re: Transferring videos recorded from cam corder

Hi All

How do I transfer Mini DV tapes to my computer? I just came to this topic here and read the previous replies but still not able to find a solution.
I have panasonic mini dv camcorder with cassettes. Cant find how to download it on laptop. It has dv slot picture attached. Need help.
Attached Thumbnails
Transferring videos recorded from cam corder-img_20200919_132728.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2020, 17:34   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Transferring videos recorded from cam corder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Hi All

How do I transfer Mini DV tapes to my computer? I just came to this topic here and read the previous replies but still not able to find a solution.
I have panasonic mini dv camcorder with cassettes. Cant find how to download it on laptop. It has dv slot picture attached. Need help.
We have a similar vintage sony camcorder that uses mini DV tapes. We get it converted to DVD by local studio guy who does the wedding photo shoots and videos. Try approaching a few and see if it works for you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks