Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 16:03   #1846
BHPian

Re: Denon AVR - Not sure if the dealer has switched the receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Are you sure you expect it to work how it actually works?

Reason i ask is because i read this 2 days back :
LINK

cya
R
Yes , in my case it was a defective piece. There was no way to get any video output.
The basic step1 was not working.
i.e. Switch on your TV
Set it to the source where your AVR HDMI is connected
Switch on the AVR.
The AVR on-screen menu should appear on the TV.

This itself was not working.

But good info from your link.

Denon 1713 is a barebones model with full networking functions. It does not have these features.
However if your TV does not have Audio return via HDMI , then you can use the Optical/Digital coax for this even in this model.
Old 17th June 2013, 13:26   #1847
BHPian

re: The Home Theater thread

Hi Gurus,

I am looking to buy a goo set of speakers for my laptop. The two purposes I have are - using them for my training sessions for a crowd of about 25 max in quiet rooms to play audio and video, the other purpose being, using them to listen to some music on my desk. I am wanting to buy speakers that give very good quality sound. I am a novice so I dont know how to define "good quality". What I am looking for is no jarring at high volume, clear reproduction of all frequencies. My budget is close to 5000 rupees.

Kindly guide. I live in Goregaon (E), Mumbai.

Regards,
Dushyant
Old 17th June 2013, 13:36   #1848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Hi Gurus,

I am looking to buy a goo set of speakers for my laptop. The two purposes I have are - using them for my training sessions for a crowd of about 25 max in quiet rooms to play audio and video, the other purpose being, using them to listen to some music on my desk. I am wanting to buy speakers that give very good quality sound. I am a novice so I dont know how to define "good quality". What I am looking for is no jarring at high volume, clear reproduction of all frequencies. My budget is close to 5000 rupees.

Kindly guide. I live in Goregaon (E), Mumbai.

Regards,
Dushyant
Hi Dushyant
I can recommend a product based on my personal use which is Jbl flip. This is actually two speakers combined in one and has good sound levels. It can also play streamed bluetooth audio also from your phone or laptop. It also has its own rechargeable battery.
The price which I got mine for on ebay was 4900.
Regards
Behemoth
Old 17th June 2013, 14:26   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Sound Bar

Please recommend a Sound Bar + Woofer of any brand less than 20K INR for a room of size 11*12 to combine with Sony 40'' EX 520 Series LED TV.
Old 17th June 2013, 15:01   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Dushyant
I can recommend a product based on my personal use which is Jbl flip. This is actually two speakers combined in one and has good sound levels. It can also play streamed bluetooth audio also from your phone or laptop. It also has its own rechargeable battery.
The price which I got mine for on ebay was 4900.
Regards
Behemoth
Hey Behemoth! Thanks! How good are Bose Companion 2? There is a discount of Rs 1000 so the final price is 7650 rupees. I found the clarity very good. They are a little big though.

I have seen the flip. Looks cool. Not sure of the separation of the sound (i mean the stereo effect) and the clarity at loud levels. And how loud can they get.

Please reply.
Old 17th June 2013, 16:44   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Got a Mitashi 5.1 has a marriage gift 3 years back. My lab bit the woofer side rubber and now its lying useless. I am planning to revive it. What kind of a sub-woofer should I buy and fit. I believe the sub-woofer is 8ohms. It would be really helpful if people can tell me the shops too where I can purchase here in Hyderabad.
Can some one help me out in this. My 5.1 is lying idle for almost couple of months now.
Old 17th June 2013, 17:37   #1852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Hey Behemoth! Thanks! How good are Bose Companion 2? There is a discount of Rs 1000 so the final price is 7650 rupees. I found the clarity very good. They are a little big though.

I have seen the flip. Looks cool. Not sure of the separation of the sound (i mean the stereo effect) and the clarity at loud levels. And how loud can they get.

Please reply.
Bose are also good, though in this forum you will find very few followers of Bose! Bose actually is overhyped marketing and entry level technology (No offense to any Bose fans!). It is definitely not worth the money that they charge for their products.
In that price range you can also consider Altec Lansing/ JBL which will give you more bang for the buck than Bose.
The benefit of a product like Flip is that it is much smaller and lighter and easier to carry around. The Bluetooth connectivity also simplifies things quite a lot! I suggest that you scout around and try to audition a few products personally and then take the plunge.
In Flip, you will not get sound separation though, as both speakers are together.

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th June 2013 at 17:40.
Old 17th June 2013, 18:19   #1853
BHPian

Re: Sound Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Please recommend a Sound Bar + Woofer of any brand less than 20K INR for a room of size 11*12 to combine with Sony 40'' EX 520 Series LED TV.
JBL SB300

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-...ireless/610320

OR

http://www.hifimart.com/boston-acous...are-xs-2-1-378
Old 17th June 2013, 18:49   #1854
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know where I can get a good CD changer (at least 5 discs)? Even a good second-hand is fine. I did purchase one second-hand but it went kaput.
Old 17th June 2013, 20:00   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Bose are also good, though in this forum you will find very few followers of Bose! Bose actually is overhyped marketing and entry level technology (No offense to any Bose fans!). It is definitely not worth the money that they charge for their products.
In that price range you can also consider Altec Lansing/ JBL which will give you more bang for the buck than Bose.
The benefit of a product like Flip is that it is much smaller and lighter and easier to carry around. The Bluetooth connectivity also simplifies things quite a lot! I suggest that you scout around and try to audition a few products personally and then take the plunge.
In Flip, you will not get sound separation though, as both speakers are together.
Thanks for writing back. I myself was considering JBL. Checked Jembbe (Rs 3000) but they were jarring at about 70 percent volume. And there are no other options in JBL. The only other option is Flip. Harmon is very expensive. Could not find any thing on Altec Lansing except sound bar type speakers. I have a Bose dock (Series 2 for my ipod), not a great fan of it. It is good for my daughters and definitely over priced.

But the laptop speaker sound, Companion 2 was good. It is definitely beyond my budget. Have been searching on the net for two days now, could not find any good ones.

Thanks again for your patience and guidance. Need more suggestions.

Dushyant
Old 18th June 2013, 01:04   #1856
BHPian

I got a Bose Cinemate Series II from US last week. Cost me about 515$ after taxes. I had 4 hours to decide and instead of a receiver plus 5.1 I opted for this. I had a spare baggage to be checked in and decided what the heck. It is a dated model but wanted something wife, kid and mom proof and this fits the bill. Sound reproduction is awesome and rivals my Yamaha floor standers and 5.1 setup that I have in my bedroom. Further I was pleasantly surprised to find that though the box says 120V US, the unit says 120-240V and I didn't need a step down for it.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:02   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone know where I can get a good CD changer (at least 5 discs)?
You can still buy a new Denon DCM-500AE from Pro Fx. Should be about 17K.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:32   #1858
BHPian

I have bought Yamaha RX-A820 from US and now looking speakers for it. My drawing-cum-dining room size is 24x12, but will be installing the setup width wise. Our main interests are 50% Music and 50% TV+Movies.

My total budget is 100K for 5.1 setup speakers (preferably FS), either step wise or in one go. Can you please suggest speakers for my AV receiver? Also please do suggest good shops with demo in Delhi.
Old 18th June 2013, 14:08   #1859
Distinguished - BHPian

Need some advice. A relative is looking to buy a good quality portable dock which can support iPhone and preferably also has a USB/Aux input. Something similar to the SoundDock Portable System series from Bose. Would like to know what are the recommended choices in this space.
Old 18th June 2013, 14:37   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
I have bought Yamaha RX-A820 from US and now looking speakers for it. My drawing-cum-dining room size is 24x12, but will be installing the setup width wise. Our main interests are 50% Music and 50% TV+Movies.

My total budget is 100K for 5.1 setup speakers (preferably FS), either step wise or in one go. Can you please suggest speakers for my AV receiver? Also please do suggest good shops with demo in Delhi.
I got the A810 last year from US and purchased all my speakers from Yamaha store Chennai. You can try the same. Natural pairing and sounds great for movies or music

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks