Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2013, 21:01   #1936
BHPian

re: The Home Theater thread

I am looking for a entry/mid level Home theatre and my budget would be till 35k
After much research online, Yamaha seems to be the best bet. But would like to demo each brand, but none of the shops I visited has a working demo piece.
Came to know about USK electronics in somajiguda who deals with all Home theatre systems and went to demo them, but damn, they are closed on Sunday.

Any other showrooms in which I can demo in Hyderabad.

BTW, which Yamaha is VFM. YHT 196/298/299 ? I am a bass lover and below is the setup.
40" LCD, PS3, Airtel HD STB

If there are other brands which suffices my need, please let me know too.
Old 20th October 2013, 22:43   #1937
BHPian

The YHT 299 is not a real big improvement over YHT298. Go for the YHT 298. If you really love bass and are fond of good music. Go for bookshelf's(Sonodyne) and a good stereo amplifier if you really love music. You could also go for Individual components step by step. Adding good Jamo Tower's with a 5.1 Amplifier would fill the stage really good. And would give you an amazing music output. Add the rear channels and the subwoofer later IMHO. Rest is upon you.
Good luck with your HT build.
For reference, you could also join HFV forums or search the existing forum.

Last edited by devilwearsprada : 20th October 2013 at 22:46. Reason: Forgot to add a part.
Old 21st October 2013, 12:05   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I am looking for a entry/mid level Home theatre and my budget would be till 35k

Any other showrooms in which I can demo in Hyderabad.
Go to RD, they mostly stock all the brands. All the models may not be available. The RD that I went had Onkyo, Marantz, Yamaha and Pioneer but no Denon. I then again had to visit USK in Somajiguda for the demo.
Old 22nd October 2013, 17:02   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
The YHT 299 is not a real big improvement over YHT298. Go for the YHT 298. Good luck with your HT build.
For reference, you could also join HFV forums or search the existing forum.
My budget is very strict, at a max can extend till 35k. RD has only the YHT 299 and 196. Checked with couple of other shops and they do not have the 298. Any place where I can source them in Hyderabad.
I am already a member in HFV Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
Go to RD, they mostly stock all the brands. All the models may not be available. The RD that I went had Onkyo, Marantz, Yamaha and Pioneer but no Denon. I then again had to visit USK in Somajiguda for the demo.
RD is pathetic. There are couple of showrooms in my locality. One, even though they had all the Amps and Speakers stacked, they didn't demo it to me saying it isn't working. They demoed only the Sony, which was awful.
The other showroom, they had the YHT 299, but they are all lazy to even demo them.
Need to plan to USK this Saturday, to demo Yamaha/Onkyo/Denon. Checked with other showrooms, but they deal with high end and not cheap ones, and the rates they say are very steep, when compared to RD.
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:05   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gurus,

Denon DHT-1312XP Vs Yamaha YHT-298, which one would be better and more VFM.

My usage would be.

Daily - Radio / MP3s in morning before leaving for work and maybe a little TV once back (using TataSky)

Weekends - Music / Movies / PC Games

I actually loved the Bose Cinemate 2 with the Gemstone Speakers but thats way beyond my budget. I am looking at something in the 25 - 30k range.

Could you guys suggest which out of the above 2 would be better overall (SQ, price, features, after sales)

Thanks.

Raj
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:53   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Gurus, Denon DHT-1312XP Vs Yamaha YHT-298, which one would be better and more VFM. My usage would be. Daily - Radio / MP3s in morning before leaving for work and maybe a little TV once back (using TataSky) Weekends - Music / Movies / PC Games I actually loved the Bose Cinemate 2 with the Gemstone Speakers but thats way beyond my budget. I am looking at something in the 25 - 30k range. Could you guys suggest which out of the above 2 would be better overall (SQ, price, features, after sales) Thanks. Raj
I got the Cinemate from the US for 30k four months back. It was the previous model though. Still a great piece. I also have a Yamaha with Yamaha speakers and love it. I personally think one cannot differentiate between such receivers unless you are an audiophile... Choose the receiver that gives you the features you want within your budget! Eg I wanted two hdmi outs and network enabled etc
Old 24th October 2013, 13:31   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I got the Cinemate from the US for 30k four months back. It was the previous model though. Still a great piece. I also have a Yamaha with Yamaha speakers and love it. I personally think one cannot differentiate between such receivers unless you are an audiophile... Choose the receiver that gives you the features you want within your budget! Eg I wanted two hdmi outs and network enabled etc
Thanks. I had actually asked my cousin to get the Bose from Canada but then he is coming down with his infant and cant carry so much stuff. Dont know when he will come next so thought of getting something which is available locally. I want rich bass, not those heart pounders. More inclined towards the one which has better after sales. Looking to hear on that front as well from all the users.
Old 26th October 2013, 23:30   #1943
BHPian

Demoed Yamaha today at RD. They had only the YHT-299. Costing 36990.
Offers - Mixie
Reliance scratch card - Assured any of the 5 gifts.
SBI card - 5% cash back

If I opt for no offers, I bargained till 35k

Need to take decision on the model by tomorrow.

Is it a good deal?
Old 27th October 2013, 00:45   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Demoed Yamaha today at RD. They had only the YHT-299. Costing 36990.
Offers - Mixie
Reliance scratch card - Assured any of the 5 gifts.
SBI card - 5% cash back

If I opt for no offers, I bargained till 35k

Need to take decision on the model by tomorrow.

Is it a good deal?
I got my home theater earlier this year and the confusion was between Yamaha YHT 298 and Pioneer HTP 522. Got the pioneer and love every bit of it. Costs 33K here in New Delhi and I think you should give it a look before deciding!
Old 27th October 2013, 08:47   #1945
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any suggestions for a Sub to match my current setup:
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR709
Front Floor Standers (L & R): Focal Chorus 726
Center: Focal Electra CC30 (Older series, model)
Old 27th October 2013, 10:57   #1946
BHPian

You can go for a Paradigm or the PSW110 from Polk. Both of them are good enough for your system.

@Dreams : If you find the system good enough take it. The 1312XP is also a good alternative with excellent subwoofer capabilities.
Old 27th October 2013, 21:48   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
I got my home theater earlier this year and the confusion was between Yamaha YHT 298 and Pioneer HTP 522. Got the pioneer and love every bit of it. Costs 33K here in New Delhi and I think you should give it a look before deciding!
Finally took the plunge and bought the YHT-299 for 35K
Delivery expected tomorrow. Excited!!!
Old 27th October 2013, 23:58   #1948
BANNED

Hi Guys
I am now ussing yamaha Rxv 450 which has no hdmi connectivity. Iwould now liketo upgrade to a better av reciever. have shortlisted pioneer 1123 and yamaha 675 av receivers for my home theater system. what is your suggestion? My main usage is movie watching..

Cheers
Dilip Kumar
Old 28th October 2013, 08:57   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
@Dreams : If you find the system good enough take it. The 1312XP is also a good alternative with excellent subwoofer capabilities.
I bought the YHT-299, since it is the latest and much recommended anywhere.

Quote:
Finally took the plunge and bought the YHT-299 for 35K
Delivery expected tomorrow. Excited!!!
What all are the cables I need to purchase now? I have 2 HDMI cables, which connects my Airtel HD STB and PS3 to my LCD.
Should I buy a Optical cable too? If yes, any online purchase links?
Also can some one help me in connecting all my 3 gadgets to the YHT.

Last edited by dre@ms : 28th October 2013 at 08:58.
Old 28th October 2013, 10:26   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the YHT-299, since it is the latest and much recommended anywhere.

What all are the cables I need to purchase now? I have 2 HDMI cables, which connects my Airtel HD STB and PS3 to my LCD.
Should I buy a Optical cable too? If yes, any online purchase links?
Also can some one help me in connecting all my 3 gadgets to the YHT.

Congratulations on your purchase. Where did you buy this from?

Optical Cable is not required if your devices have HDMI out ports. You need to connect the inputs (Airtel HD and PS3 in your case) to the HDMI1 and HDMI2 inputs of your receiver. Finally connect 1 HDMI out cable from the receiver to your TV. Make sure you connect the ARC enabled port of the TV if you want to hear the sounds played by the TV(USB or other smart features of the TV) through the YHT. So in all you will require 3 HDMI cables if all of the devices you are connecting are HDMI enabled. Else you need to see other ways to connect like optical or component cables etc.

Most Viewed