Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:17   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
I was looking to buy a decent sound bar, my budget is 10k. Please recommend some options.
I got this Polk sound bar which is pretty good and in your budget

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:51   #3272
Distinguished - BHPian

I need some help folks! My Onkyo Subwoofer (Its been in use for a decade) has recently started to play drums on its own!! it sounds like someone is banging on the door repeatedly, Dub Dub Dub Dub , the sounds reduces if I turn down the sub volume. If you restart the Sub, it beats loud for a few pulses and then everything is back to normal and sounds great as usual.

The Sub is currently placed behind the TV. But the noise comes even of everything else is off and only the Sub is switched on.

Any thoughts \ experiences of this sort? please let me know.
Old 9th October 2019, 10:12   #3273
BHPian

Hi, can anyone tell me about B&W repairs in Delhi NCR. One of my speaker has a broken base. This particular speaker is the one with main audio channel and now only the surround sound comes from the home theatre and not the main vocals. Slightly urgent.
Old 9th October 2019, 11:00   #3274
BHPian

Hi Guys. Need some help. I want a simple audio setup for my TV and does not have much space for an amp. I don't like soundbars and subwoofers. So am looking at powered stereo speakers.

How good are these Edifier speakers?

https://www.amazon.in/Edifier-S1000D.../dp/B01CDIS6M0

https://www.amazon.in/Edifier-S880DB.../dp/B07D41XN1F

How are they compared to audiophile speakers like the Wharfedale Diamonds and Dali Spektors.

Are there any other powered speakers that I should be looking at?
Old 10th October 2019, 15:40   #3275
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Recently I purchased JBL Bar 5.1 Wireless soundbar. I have connected my Panasonic LED tv 58 inch with HDMI Sound Out port (ARC i believe) to HDMI ARC of JBL speaker but surprisingly no sound is coming!
Can anyone help me in this regard?
PS: Able to connect through Auxiliary cable and bluetooth.
Old 10th October 2019, 15:48   #3276
BHPian

Hi All

Can anyone let me know where i can audition Marshall Speakers in Bangalore. I am actually looking for a standalone speaker that can get connected to the internet to play streaming music or take up aux inputs from my ipod/cayin n3. I checked the Bose Bluetooth systems and the sound quality i felt was not rich and natural but a bit muted. Also, one has to increase the volume knobs to 75+ to get any decent sounds. I somehow felt that Bose was too much of hoo haa. I have heard the Marshall Woburne, Stanmore earlier and felt that they were more natural sounding
Old 10th October 2019, 20:40   #3277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Hi Guys!

Recently I purchased JBL Bar 5.1 Wireless soundbar. I have connected my Panasonic LED tv 58 inch with HDMI Sound Out port (ARC i believe) to HDMI ARC of JBL speaker but surprisingly no sound is coming!
PS: Able to connect through Auxiliary cable and bluetooth.

Aren't you supposed to tell the TV to use the HDMI port to play sound?
Old 11th October 2019, 09:44   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Aren't you supposed to tell the TV to use the HDMI port to play sound?
I dont have that option in my TV. It has only SPDIF - Auto or PCM mode in menu section
Old 11th October 2019, 10:30   #3279
BANNED

Quote:
I dont have that option in my TV. It has only SPDIF - Auto or PCM mode in menu section
1. Try these?
2. Software / firmware bug?
3. You need to look elsewhere in the menu?

Anyway, please ask this in the TV thread:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...d-etc-594.html (The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.)
Old 12th October 2019, 21:53   #3280
BHPian

Can anyone suggest the ways to utilize old Polk Bookshelf speakers, for playing sound output from TV.
Old 12th October 2019, 22:08   #3281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I need some help folks! My Onkyo Subwoofer (Its been in use for a decade) has recently started to play drums on its own!! it sounds like someone is banging on the door repeatedly, Dub Dub Dub Dub , the sounds reduces if I turn down the sub volume. If you restart the Sub, it beats loud for a few pulses and then everything is back to normal and sounds great as usual.

The Sub is currently placed behind the TV. But the noise comes even of everything else is off and only the Sub is switched on.

Any thoughts \ experiences of this sort? please let me know.
Does your sub have a port hole? Sometimes cockroaches etc enter through holes and that causes the screeching.
Just turn your sub upside down and tap it all over to get out all the dirt there. Should be solved. Let me know how it goes. All the best.
Old 13th October 2019, 10:17   #3282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realactivex View Post
Does your sub have a port hole? Sometimes cockroaches etc enter through holes and that causes the screeching.
Just turn your sub upside down and tap it all over to get out all the dirt there. Should be solved. Let me know how it goes. All the best.
It is a ported enclosure, while I'm sure there are no roaches inside there can be other bugs. I guess I'll open this up once and see what's going on inside - thanks for the tip.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:12   #3283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It helps if you can share the TV and sound bar model number.

For a Panasonic TV, you should look for something called Viera Tools in the Menu and Select Viera Link. From there you should find Viera Link Control and under the Speaker Output, you should be able to find External Speaker or something similar sounding.

It is usually HDMI 2 terminal that supports ARC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Can anyone suggest the ways to utilize old Polk Bookshelf speakers, for playing sound output from TV.
You will need a basic stereo amplifier like this http://www.norgeaudio.com/amp1515.php.

Take a cable out from the terminals titled Audio/Video Out from your TV and run it into your stereo amplifier.

Depending on Make and Model of your TV, HDMI audio may not be output from the regular RCA terminals which means the solution I suggested above, will not work.
Old 18th October 2019, 09:40   #3284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
LED tv 58 inch with HDMI Sound Out port (ARC i believe) to HDMI ARC of JBL speaker but surprisingly no sound is coming!
ARC is a relatively newer feature and might not be available on the old ones. You can google for your model number and find out. Also, check the settings to turn Viera link On

If it does not work, there will be always an Optical output on Panasonic TV. Use that to connect. Look at this video, it holds good for all make.

Old 18th October 2019, 11:29   #3285
BHPian

My Panasonic TV model is TH-58D300DX(2016) model
My speaker is JBL Bar 51 True wireless with 5.1 configuration.
I have searched my TV menu under vierra link but there is no option for any audio but HDMI 2 terminal says HDMI (Sound Out) which I believe must be ARC. Also My TV has SPDIF coaxial output while my JBL bar has Optical toslink terminal.
Currently playing with 3.5mm jack auxiliary cable. Sound is great but dont know how much I am compromising by not having digital output!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks