Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 15:14   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I got an offer from Profx Bangalore for Denon AVR 1611 alongwith Polk audio (speakers as above except omw3 instead of TSi100) and the discounted price
is Rs.77,000 (They said original price is Rs.84,500).?
Did they give you a quote for the Mission Speakers package? Try to get a quote with the Denon 1910 (which is a better receiver than the 1611). The only advantage of the 1611 is that it supports HDMI 1.4 which is needed for transmitting 3D signals.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:54   #1037
Senior - BHPian

No, they didnt give the quote for Mission speakers package.
After getting my room area, they themselves gave me the 1611 with Polk Audio package (with a comment that less capacity speakers wont work for my purpose since the area is big -300sqft)
Old 28th September 2010, 17:51   #1038
Senior - BHPian

29.9k for Denon 1610 is sounding bit more than what it should be. Have you tried bargaining? If I remember correctly ProFx used to sell them for less (approx 27k if I'm not wrong).
Also there seems to be a good deal going on at a Mumbai dealer for Yamaha and Mission, who is also ready to ship to other parts of India. I've seen this deal on another forum. Thought of putting it before but almost totally forgot. Here is the ebay link for that seller. Attaching the pricelist that I got from the other forum,
Yamaha Mission products for hifivi.xls
Old 28th September 2010, 18:27   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
29.9k for Denon 1610 is sounding bit more than what it should be. Have you tried bargaining? If I remember correctly ProFx used to sell them for less (approx 27k if I'm not wrong).
Also there seems to be a good deal going on at a Mumbai dealer for Yamaha and Mission, who is also ready to ship to other parts of India. I've seen this deal on another forum. Thought of putting it before but almost totally forgot. Here is the ebay link for that seller. Attaching the pricelist that I got from the other forum,
Attachment 431554
+
Thanks
The price quoted by Profx is for Denon AVR 1611 (not 1610). I did not bargain anything so far (because the offer recieved by email. yet to talk to him and need to go for demo)
Also thanks for the price list of Yamaha.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:12   #1040
BHPian

Can somebody recommend me a AV receiver, that is good with stereo music as well. My usage would be 50% movies and 50% music. I like my music to to be crisp, and don't care much about bass.

Also, is it okay to get good bookshelves for the front, and smaller speakers for the surround and center? My budget is 50K, but can be stretched a bit for a good system.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:17   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Do you already have an amplifier for stereo?
Old 29th September 2010, 15:33   #1042
BHPian

a lot of impressive set up's a lot of you guys have. i set up my home theater approx. 6 or 7 years ago now and it's been the best investment i've made. haven't gone to a movie theater since doing so....well except to see borat. great movie! haha.

my set up consists of a sony 70" rear projection lcd.
rotel reciever, amp and dvd player
dcm surround and dual sub.
monster power center
cables by transparent

everything on the list above has been going strong since day one except for the dvd player. i recently had to replace the laser and cable on it but it was a pain to get parts for as rotel no longer makes dvd players. however, fixed and works as good as new.

about a week ago i bought a samsung 6 series 50" plasma to replace our old tube tv in the family room. have yet to finish hanging it up. my 2 year old wants to do it on his own and never naps long enough for me to get it done. haha.

there were some comments made about sound bars which i read in posts previous. if i may add some input about my experience. while purchasing the plasma i had a chance to audition the yamaha sound bars. i had apprehensions in the past but i was enlightened after hearing what they can do. they reproduced sound very accurately given that all the speakers are directly in front of you. for the price, in a smaller room setting and/or if running wires will be a problem along with speaker placement issues......for the money, these things definitely have their place. if i ever have a need that fits the bill for one of these, i won't hesitate in picking one up.

if i ever replace the sony tv, which has been phenomenal up till now, i'd only go bigger and get a projector set up. jvc is making a great projector which over the years has gotten better every model introduced and price keeps coming down. great combo in my books. everything else i would only now replace if it crapped out.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:42   #1043
Senior - BHPian

What is the major difference between Denon AVR1610 and AVR 1611??
The shop guys advise that only difference is that 1611 includes 3D pass-through compatibility??
Old 29th September 2010, 15:58   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
What is the major difference between Denon AVR1610 and AVR 1611??
The shop guys advise that only difference is that 1611 includes 3D pass-through compatibility??
Please refer to my earlier post below. You can check with the dealer if the 1910 is available. You can probably get a good price since it the 1911 has been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Did they give you a quote for the Mission Speakers package? Try to get a quote with the Denon 1910 (which is a better receiver than the 1611). The only advantage of the 1611 is that it supports HDMI 1.4 which is needed for transmitting 3D signals.
Old 29th September 2010, 18:06   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Do you already have an amplifier for stereo?
I guess that question is for me. No, I don't have a stereo amp. I am running a Sony receiver and 6.1 speakers (Sony) (Archived HT-DDW885 : Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India). I am OK with it's performance while watching movies, but I'm not happy with it for music. I thought about getting a stereo amp and two speakers, but I have a small living room, and don't want to put too many stuff around.
Old 29th September 2010, 18:55   #1046
Senior - BHPian

I Have recieved another package offer recvd from Onkyo as under:

++

Option 1 :
HTS 5300 - "New Blazer" - 7.1 Channel HTIB ( home theatre in box)

The box contains, a 7.1 Ch AV receiver ( HD receiver ) + front speakers (pr) + centre speaker + surround speakers ( 2 prs) + active subwoofer 10" ( 1 No.) + i pod dock.

Sticker Price : 63,000.

Special offer price : Rs. 52,000.

Option 2

TXSR 508 - 7.1 HD AV receiver .
Price - Rs. 27,500.

Speakers :

SKS HT 728 - 5.1 speaker pacakge ( a pair of two slim floor standing speakers ) + centre speaker + Surround speaker ( pr)+ active Sub woofer ( 10" ).

Price : Rs. 36,000.

Total Price - Rs. 63,500

Special package price - Rs.55,000

If additional pair of speakers are needed to complete 7.1 set up, Rs. 8000 extra. ( total Rs.63,000 )

Any opinion please?

Last edited by nairrk : 29th September 2010 at 18:59. Reason: correction
Old 30th September 2010, 19:46   #1047
BANNED

Nairji, now you are on the right track.

One good thing now is that for all the products you have received offers, full specifications are available online; if not there on the website, at least as a pdf file from the manufacturer's downloads section for the respective product.

I am afraid that w.r.t. to the HTiB you posted, a choice of X of Y being better is very tough. To start with, an audio set up can sound different in different rooms, and factors like walls and what is on them can make a difference.

Have you decided on the number of inputs you will require, and the kind of input connectors your other equimnent will have? (recall your qeury on HDMI inputs)

Are you willing to pay extra for 7.1 over 5.1? Even if you are, will you use sound sources which will actually have 7.1 sources? (The media / CD / DVD should have 7.1 sound; the player / TV signal should have 7.1 sound ... etc).

About room sizes and features suitable for you - here is a link which may be useful:-

Yamaha Electronics Home Theater Reference, Features & Technologies

Look for the section on THX Select2.

For Dolby / DTS:-

Dolby - Dolby Home Theater Speaker Guide - Speaker Placement and Setup Guide for Home Theater Surround Sound

Here are some links on understanding speaker specifications:-

Dolby - Dolby Home Theater Speaker Guide - Speaker Placement and Setup Guide for Home Theater Surround Sound

PSB Speakers - Guide to Speaker Specifications

Hope this helps.
Old 30th September 2010, 22:59   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Nairji, now you are on the right track.

One good thing now is that for all the products you have received offers, full specifications are available online; if not there on the website, at least as a pdf file from the manufacturer's downloads section for the respective product.

I am afraid that w.r.t. to the HTiB you posted, a choice of X of Y being better is very tough. To start with, an audio set up can sound different in different rooms, and factors like walls and what is on them can make a difference.

Have you decided on the number of inputs you will require, and the kind of input connectors your other equimnent will have? (recall your qeury on HDMI inputs)

Are you willing to pay extra for 7.1 over 5.1? Even if you are, will you use sound sources which will actually have 7.1 sources? (The media / CD / DVD should have 7.1 sound; the player / TV signal should have 7.1 sound ... etc).

About room sizes and features suitable for you - here is a link which may be useful:-

Yamaha Electronics Home Theater Reference, Features & Technologies

Look for the section on THX Select2.

For Dolby / DTS:-

Here are some links on understanding speaker specifications:-

PSB Speakers - Guide to Speaker Specifications

Hope this helps.
++
Thanks all your guidence and ofcourse I learned lot from your posts and also from all these website links.
Some how I feel the Onkyo S5300 seems good for me.
(my Hall area is about 310 sqft hence I need little bigger set up).
More over they are ready to deliver the product in kannur (no need for me to drive down to Cochin) from where I can collect. The price, they are not willing to come less than Rs.52,000/- (installation charges i.e transportation cost extra)
For the other model SR508+SKS HT 728, they are giving another Rs.2000 discount making total to Rs.53,000(this is for 5.1 speakers).

I have checked some other websites and forums (hifivision etc) and there I found good comments on S5300 model.
I will take a final decision in a day or two.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:44   #1049
BANNED

Is that the Onkyo dealer at Kochi?
Old 1st October 2010, 13:22   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Is that the Onkyo dealer at Kochi?
+
I got the package offer/details from Onkyo Chennai who advised that they have a dealer set up in Kochi,to whom I have to make payment and then they need about a week to 10days to have the product ready at Kannur from where I have to pick up:

the kochi address given by them, as under:.
(Any chance you heard about them??? )

M/s. Best O Fine systems, Kadavanthra. Kochi. Ph :484 4000555/56

Last edited by nairrk : 1st October 2010 at 13:24. Reason: correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks