Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 15:32   #1396

re: The Home Theater thread

I would want you to listen to it before you buy it Devarshi, so if any HIFI shop is around your place, please do make an effort and audition/hear it in person.

wishes
Old 19th October 2011, 15:33   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Yes NORGE ship to your place, I am using NORGE 1000 amp (bought in Apr 2010) and happy about the performance.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:37   #1398

@ Latheesh
Whats speakers & CD Player do you have with Norge?
Old 19th October 2011, 16:07   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Re: The wonderful world of Bose

Quote:
Originally Posted by trehansid View Post
If you feel you would want to gather more info on international brands as well, then possibly more could be discussed with Audiophile community link as I shared in the first para.
I have submitted my registration request - I have been through all the stages of the high end audio journey starting with Cadence, other tube amps, tube DACs and the whole shebang....I have now simplified my systems a great deal, but added a Sonos wifi layer to them all. More when I am able to post on the other forum!
Old 19th October 2011, 16:16   #1400

Re: The wonderful world of Bose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I have submitted my registration request - I have been through all the stages of the high end audio journey starting with Cadence, other tube amps, tube DACs and the whole shebang....I have now simplified my systems a great deal, but added a Sonos wifi layer to them all. More when I am able to post on the other forum!
Ah there we go & well good to know.
I guess we all move around in the circle with our own perception & understanding. I had once bought the Pro-ject ii Xperience TT and imported vinyls from Cali and before i could go in deeper, i realized that i dont really have the patience for Vinyl Rituals and hence sold the TT to one of my dear friend who is a happy owner of that wonderful TT now.

Recently resolved into one Active setup (active crossovers & speakers) in lieu of the 3 i had otherwise. Right now speakerless for the ones i have ordered are being built and should be possibly delivered around Dec/Jan.

Have sold all the preamps/power amps/speakers & have some wonderful Cardas cables for passive setups on sale alongwith a Deftech Supercube ii Subwoofer, but have kept my Cary Audio 306 Professional cdp which has the outboard dac that i use to render music that flows via comp into the M2Tech Evo & further into the Cary's DAC and also use the player to play the SACDs that have.

Having used the comp in chain and controlling it all via Ipad, it can make any man quite lazy & settled in the listening chair
Old 19th October 2011, 17:30   #1401
Senior - BHPian

My Samsung HT - TZ 315 home theater system was giving protect error for last six months. Finally I took it to a local repair guy who quoted 1400 INR for the repair job (DVD lens replacement also included). The unit should be back by Saturday.

Anyone else experienced this "PROTECT" malfunction with their systems?
Old 21st October 2011, 09:50   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would want you to listen to it before you buy it Devarshi, so if any HIFI shop is around your place, please do make an effort and audition/hear it in person.

wishes
I do understand how important it is to listen to the amp before buying. I can visit the manufacturers place.

Also how is Bolton? Bolton is available in Ahmedabad.
Old 21st October 2011, 11:09   #1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My Samsung HT - TZ 315 home theater system was giving protect error for last six months. Finally I took it to a local repair guy who quoted 1400 INR for the repair job (DVD lens replacement also included). The unit should be back by Saturday.

Anyone else experienced this "PROTECT" malfunction with their systems?
Sorry Bluevolt. That could be very specific issue for some sets. Korean brands are good till they can last. Thats the usual mindset of market about them.
Old 21st October 2011, 11:16   #1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I do understand how important it is to listen to the amp before buying. I can visit the manufacturers place.

Also how is Bolton? Bolton is available in Ahmedabad.

Hi Dev, actually the only issue with brands like DAC, Bolton and others in the similar range is - consistency. One can usually never be sure that the cable you are picking now from a roll, would sound similar to the 'same' variant that you pick from its other roll. So hence, listening makes even a greater sense here. Do check it up, its a pretty decent brand for the money/range.
trehansid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 17:26   #1405
BHPian

If my budget is limited to 25k -- 30k, and I have a Blu-ray player already, have a medium sized hall, have a media tank to be added in future, a pair of concealed wiring done from TV side to sofa wall (don't know the quality of wire builder used), and I am not an audiophile, what is my best option in home theater system?

Is Denon 1312XP the one?
Old 24th October 2011, 18:06   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Latheesh
Whats speakers & CD Player do you have with Norge?
I have CA DV99 player and Wharfedale 9.2 bookshelf speakers
Old 24th October 2011, 19:55   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
If my budget is limited to 25k -- 30k, and I have a Blu-ray player already, have a medium sized hall, have a media tank to be added in future, a pair of concealed wiring done from TV side to sofa wall (don't know the quality of wire builder used), and I am not an audiophile, what is my best option in home theater system?

Is Denon 1312XP the one?
you can audition some systems @ Pro FX (MG Road) and Vectors (Brigade Road), they are helpful. Choose the one you like and falls in your budget. I went to buy DENON HT and ended up buying Stereo instead :-)
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 22:01   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post

Is Denon 1312XP the one?
You can try Onkyo HTS3400/3300, They have good reviews. Should cost you around 24-25K.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:11   #1409
BHPian

I have zeroed in on the following:

Denon 1312 and Polk Audio speakers(TSI300,OWM3 & CS10) from Profx - Rs. 70000

or

Yamaha 317 and Acoustimass 10 series 5.1 from Bose - Rs. 23000 + 58000

I am a average joe listening to normal stuff at home with family, not a great audio freak but want to choose from one of the above. Budget does not matter.

Please advice pros and cons of Bose with Yamaha.

TIA

Last edited by DoNotHorn : 25th October 2011 at 11:29. Reason: grammatical mistakes
Old 27th October 2011, 17:04   #1410
BHPian

I am considering getting a Yamaha V671 or V771. I would like to buy it from the grey market as I dont think it is worth paying 14.5% tax and some margin for just a one year warranty. If anyone knows where I can pick up one, will help! I know the areas in and around Patni Plaza in Chennai, but nothing else. Not sure if I can find something in Ritchie street.
Thanks!

Most Viewed